ADVERTISEMENT

People who steal are scum

Feb 9, 2013
Was at Walmart looking for something and passed by the golf balls - all of them were all wired up with security devices. Who the hell has money for golf clubs and green fees and then steals golf balls? Wtf?

IMO we are way too tolerant of theft of all kinds, from Walmart to Wall Street. What would you do differently, if anything?

Maybe people who have zero interest in golf steal these items and then resell them online.

I grew up in a golf club community and we'd go diving in the lakes to retrieve golf balls and set up a stand selling them to the golfers as they'd pass by until the golf marshal chased us away.

The club brought in divers a couple of times a year and used the retrieved balls for range balls.

So they didn't like us muscling into their business.

scimitar-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-fbx-mtl-tga.jpg

I grew up in a golf club community and we'd go diving in the lake to retrieve golf balls and set up a stand selling them to the golfers as they'd pass by until the golf marshal chased us away.
That seems like a pretty dangerous way to make money in alligator territory.

Reactions: seminole97
Another thought about golf balls...

When I was a kid, it was REALLY hard to think of something to give dad on his birthday or Christmas or Father's Day.... I mean, anything he wanted he bought it. So, what am I supposed to buy for him?

Golf balls were the go-to gift.

Without thieves, who would we have to vote for a democrat?

Some here should watch what they say about thieves. Without Bloomberg buying their vote Uncle Donnie would be in office right now.

I think we'd be better off understanding why an individual stole something before we go labeling them all as scum.

while i understand the frustration , based on the US having the highest number of citizens incarcerated and theft is still and issue I am not sure fear of incarceration will put much of a dent in the numbers.

There are a bunch of people in jail who should not be there.

Repeat offenders are not part of that group.

What possibly could be a justification for stealing golf balls? We’re not talking food or medicine.
It's entirely possible there may not be a justification for golf balls or maybe there is in their mind. The thread title is people who steal are scum. I'm not going to get behind a blanket statement like that.

Because they’re scum?
Maybe they're a drug addict who is trying to fuel their addiction. Maybe it's a single parent who can't make ends meet that still needs food for their kids. Maybe its someone down on their luck who sees no other way out then to steal something for a basic need.

It's entirely possible there may not be a justification for golf balls or maybe there is in their mind. The thread title is people who steal are scum. I'm not going to get behind a blanket statement like that.

There are several levels to this:

(1) People who earn (or already have enough) money to buy what they want.
(2) People who beg for things or otherwise live off the generosity of others.
(3) Thieves.
(4) Robbers.
(5) gators

I don't have a lot of empathy for anything below #2.

Maybe they're a drug addict who is trying to fuel their addiction. Maybe it's a single parent who can't make ends meet that still needs food for their kids. Maybe its someone down on their luck who sees no other way out then to steal something for a basic need.
Fair enough. I just disagree. There are always options other than taking other people’s stuff.

I grew up in a golf club community and we'd go diving in the lakes to retrieve golf balls and set up a stand selling them to the golfers as they'd pass by until the golf marshal chased us away.

The club brought in divers a couple of times a year and used the retrieved balls for range balls.

So they didn't like us muscling into their business.

You dummy. Sell them back to the golf course so they make money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT