ADVERTISEMENT

Per usual after a bye, at the end of the first quarter we’ll all be asking, “Did they f’n work on anything the past two weeks?!?!?!!”

Yep, after a bye week we usually find ourselves wondering if they practiced at all over the last 13 days.
I know what I was up to , at that age, in Ottumwa, hanging out at IHCC and drinking beer. Of course, I wasn't a football player. Heck I wasn't even usually awake in time to watch football on Saturdays.

• Haha
Reactions: BetterLuckNextTime
That’s because it’s Goetz’s fault for firing Brian with 4 games to go. Kirk and Brian had a master plan they’ve been saving up. Now that’s all gone to pot! 😏

That’s because it’s Goetz’s fault for firing Brian with 4 games to go. Kirk and Brian had a master plan they’ve been saving up. Now that’s all gone to pot! 😏
Yeah, I had heard through the grapevine that THIS was the game in which they were going to unleash the offense. Now 7 years of planning and anticipation up to this game down the drain.

Yeah, I had heard through the grapevine that THIS was the game in which they were going to unleash the offense. Now 7 years of planning and anticipation up to this game down the drain.
Yep. None of us know what goes into game planning like rest of the guys. It’s incredible what Brian was going to do this weekend but now that’s out the window. Unleash the hounds!

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
You forgot to mention they’re very likely to have some delay of game penalties after getting the plays in too late, along with some last minute timeouts because they have too few or too many players in the huddle. The offense goes back to square one every damned time after a bye week.

Like most I just set the bar wayyyyy low and then be pleasantly surprised if they do anything at all on offense.
Same - I set the expectation (outside the 1st drive) the offense will not get a first down each series. It's way less frustrating that way

Just expect the same dogshit offense and you won’t be disappointed.
But if I'm always disappointed........I can't be any more disappointed.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Yep, after a bye week we usually find ourselves wondering if they practiced at all over the last 13 days.
I think from Kirk's comments and from other years the team pretty much rested from football the first week of the two weeks. They might have done strength and conditioning work, probably did, to keep limber etc. They might have watch tape of Minny game for sure and then started watching video of NW. I supposed some of the players may have worked out football-wise on their own (I could sure see the qbs and the WRs throwing the ball around).

It seemed it was a Kirk quote from a couple days ago the leads me to believe they took at least 4 or 5 days off from practicing.

I do not expect to see a lot of new stuff but I hope the passing game looks better to open up the run game. They need to work on draw type delay runs and some screen passes, and even some long passes

Hard to believe this season started out with the first pass being about a 40 TD!!!

Reactions: desihawk
My hope is that Deacon Hill at least holds the ball above his waist. Seems the minimum amount of coaching you might expect after two weeks.
Yeah, some of the best qbs of all time like Namath, Marino, Montana, Brady were always having the ball up about their shoulders, maybe patting the ball, and they did not have a big windup but could bring the ball right past their ear and fling it very quickly.

Good observation by you. Hil and some QBs are like the 7 ft bball center who gets a rebound and brings it down below his waist just daring the defense to slap it away

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
Yeah, some of the best qbs of all time like Namath, Marino, Montana, Brady were always having the ball up about their shoulders, maybe patting the ball, and they did not have a big windup but could bring the ball right past their ear and fling it very quickly.

Good observation by you. Hil and some QBs are like the 7 ft bball center who gets a rebound and brings it down below his waist just daring the defense to slap it away
I guess I should say I wasn't even thinking of his throwing motion as much as ball security, but yes, bonus!

I can see Brian showing the offense film of an outside zone in 2002, “You see how Robert Gallery executed perfectly that block?? Although it’s now illegal technically but who cares. We need to roll out on some of these play actions like Brad Banks with his threat to run. Why aren’t we doing that guys?”

• Haha
Reactions: Iron Doc
They were going to open up the playbook and blow our minds. All down the toilet now I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT