ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective

lol OMG.

Indeed. He's only had 12 years. Most coaches take well over a decade to build their programs. Why so impatient?!!

"Still ascending"?

Hahaha

Oh yeah, baby! It's been a 12 year rocket ride!!!...to the glorious moon landing of a big ten tourney title! Ticker tape parades!!!

Most coaches don't even start hitting their stride until they turn 65. Fran is a wunderkind.

Here's some perspective: you're the Iowa AD in 2010 about to hire a new basketball coach. An angel comes down and whispers "if you hire Fran McCaffrey, you'll pay him tens of millions of dollars, and 12 years from now, he will have won one big ten Tournament title. That's it."

Still make that hire? Still make it even though a coach you recently pushed out won two of them in seven years?

Yes. Yes you do. Because you're obviously stupid.

But believe me, nobody else would.

smh

Alright then Mr. Smartass, being since you obviously know all the answers, I want you to march your happy ass into the AD's office next week with a list of prospective coaching candidates along with what their performance is going to be for the next 12 years. That way he can make a truly informed decision. Come back and lets us all know what that list looks like, we would love to see it. I know you think I am stupid, but, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you aren't going to be able to produce that.

As far as Fran ascending, he has brought a lot of national attention to this program in the last few years. He has had a couple national players of the year and is getting ready to produce Iowa's first ever real lottery pick. Next year Kris could very well do the same. Fran is continually making the tournament now with higher seeds and finishing in the top 4-6 in the B1G. I think he deserves a couple years here to see where this goes. If he doesn't capitalize on that success and take it to the next level then I agree, he should be go. But now is not the time.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT