ADVERTISEMENT

Pew Pew Chicago

Pete Malloy

HR All-American
Oct 14, 2022
Trendy Waterbury Neighborhood - Des Moines
  • Sad
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
99.9% of the gun owners in America shoot nobody.
It's awesome that you are willing to put a specific value on the number of children you find acceptable just so you can fire off 100 rounds in a couple of minutes in your backyard.

Sounds like Chicago needs to resort to New York City style policing with stop and frisk with a huge police presence in the areas of the city that are the most problematic. It’s been going on for years and must stop.

Lived in Richmond, VA when it was the murder capital of the US and the police chief Jerry Oliver said we are going to stop this and did by applying a program called Project Exile. Use a gun in a crime, you are gone for a minimum of five years in prison. They didn’t mess around and changed what was happening in the city. This needs to happen in Chicago.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Lived in Richmond, VA when it was the murder capital of the US and the police chief Jerry Oliver said we are going to stop this and did by applying a program called Project Exile. Use a gun in a crime, you are gone for a minimum of five years in prison. They didn’t mess around and changed what was happening in the city. This needs to happen in Chicago.

I'd like to hear more about this, because a five year prison sentence for using a gun during a crime isn't exciting in the least. It's way less than mandatory in numerous states for numerous crimes.

The US has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world, building more, bigger and even private prisons has not stopped the terrible gun violence in Chicago and beyond. What other solutions would you propose?
So?

Incarcerate more of them, we all know that in cities like Chicago it's basically catch and release with criminals.

It's awesome that you are willing to put a specific value on the number of children you find acceptable just so you can fire off 100 rounds in a couple of minutes in your backyard.
$2,000,000/gun and you can have mine. If you want our guns make us rich in the process. Gun reparations know no racial or economic boundaries. I mean it’s for the children right?

Reactions: Pete Malloy
The US has one of the highest incarceration rates in the world, building more, bigger and even private prisons has not stopped the terrible gun violence in Chicago and beyond. What other solutions would you propose?
Well how about in the meantime we build more to just deal with all the ass holes randomly punching old ladies for no reason? They don’t need to be fancy. Just four walls. Don’t even feed them.

Need more info before knowing how much to care. How many were not gang members killing other gang members?

So?

Incarcerate more of them, we all know that in cities like Chicago it's basically catch and release with criminals.

The "so" is that incarceration has not been an effective deterrent to gun violence, which is why I asked for an alternative proposal. Is our only hope to lock everyone up?
What about a policy that anyone that commits a crime with a gun is executed?

Came across this….

• I suppose this is as much in the Public Policy sphere as anything, but I was floored to hear this morning that the CME (Chicago Mercantile Exchange) is prepared to leave Chicago based on “political and safety conditions.” The Chicago Exchange for derivatives and commodities not being in Chicago (where it started in 1898) would be a stunning statement in this period of questionable big-city management. They have not decided to exit yet, but are actively looking and preparing if deemed necessary.

What about a policy that anyone that commits a crime with a gun is executed?
How ‘bout shot in the balls with the same number of bullets from the same weapon the crime was committed with? I actually think that would deter more potential violent crimes than the death penalty.

Well how about in the meantime we build more to just deal with all the ass holes randomly punching old ladies for no reason? They don’t need to be fancy. Just four walls. Don’t even feed them.

I do not think we need more prison space, just a more efficient use of the space.
Release all non violent drug charge convicts which would free up a great deal of space. Then reinstitute hard labor, for the violent offenders , as the current isolation models are not a deterrent and incredibly punitive mentally.

How ‘bout shot in the balls with the same number of bullets from the same weapon the crime was committed with? I actually think that would deter more potential violent crimes than the death penalty.

Cost would be exorbitant, wounding people and then rehabilitating them is silly when you could just kill them and be done

Your answer to the problem is to obviously take the guns away from the 99.9% who don't commit gun crimes, is that right?
Not at all, but you, and other acolytes in the church of the NRA, are not even slightly interested in resolving this issue and you are perfectly ok with averaging more than one mass shooting a day. From what I can tell, you don't even recognize that there is a problem.

Reactions: gamedayron01
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT