ADVERTISEMENT

Pick one player from KF era to join this year’s team

There is only one correct answer to this question and that is, Demond "Bob" Sanders out of Erie, PA! If you are under 30 I guess your ignorance is understandable .. but this isn't even a debate.

*Drops mic* 😜
Normally I would agree, but in todays football he would be ejected from every game he played for hitting too hard.

Epy or Roth.
I just don't get the defense answers at all. We'll be fine, hell more then fine on defense. Between Evans, Van Ness, Hurkett, Craig, and Graves we'll get after the QB. You would think if we're given the chance to bring back ONE guy, it would be to have an impact on us winning games. So where does Iowa need help to win games? Oh yea, on offense. A QB, or a playmaker. Hell, given that neither off our kickers has ever kicked in a live college game, I even get Nate Kaeding.

No way man. 02 was so magical. Fun memories.
I have to go with Banks as well but he was fortunate to be around when Philbin was still on staff which in large part made that offense so lethal. Joe knew how to call the running game.

QB is great answer, but if we have no receivers thats not especially helpful. How about tavian banks, Tim Dwight or Ed Hinkel.

Robert Gallery

Creates a couple of holes a play for the RBs and gives Spencer a couple of weeks to make the pass.

pakibomb_medium_400x400.jpg

Randy Duncan - what a QB he was … well b4 my days and I wasn’t even circulating in my dads nuts at the time .. but seriously he was an awesome QB… next is a even younger player named Chook Longster

Mr Two Steps Back, Three Steps Forward. If he didn't go down against NW in 2009, what could have been...

I'd personally go with Badass Brad Banks. He was truly a jack of all trades that would be a nightmare for opposing D-coordinators to plan against. He'd instantly make other defenses respect both the running and passing game, and turn Iowa from a B1G West contender to a national championship contender.

If not him, then Tate for having stones of osmium.

Assuming Brad Banks would be returning coming off a Heisman runner-up finish, this team would be preseason Top 5. Borderline Top 10 with Stanzi, CJB or Tate.

Banks also loved throwing to Dallas Clark, so LaPorta would be in line for a humungous season.

I'm disappointed in you guys. The answer is bob sanders. It's always bob sanders...
Sanders was a force of nature, no doubt. But this team needs a force on the offensive side of the ball.

Banks or Tate. I lean Tate because he's more of a scrambler and we're still uncertain about the O line. Before you say Banks was a great runner too..Yes, he was. He also had the benefit of perhaps the best O line of the KFz era.

I like the current D. For as much as I admire Bob Sanders and the extra toughness that he'd instill on the D ... to help the '22 squad "reach the next level" ... an addition on O would likely be more fitting.

I was split between a top WR or a top QB.

Do you opt for the threat of the legs of Brad Banks ... or the precision of Drew Tate?

While I think that Tate is/was a bit of an ass, I'm thinking that the skill-set that he brings to the table is the sort of thing that would be most beneficial to the '22 O.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
I mean the easy answer is Brad Banks. He's the closest thing Iowa has ever had to someone like Michael Vick or Lamar Jackson, etc, and his skill set served to maximize the potential for Iowa's pro style offense.

Funny how we could never seem to convince these impressionable 15-18 year olds to come to Iowa instead of MAC and Sun Belt type conferences where these kind of QBs are a dime a dozen (let's not forget that Banks transferred from Hinds CC after a brief stint at UCF so there was always the JUCO route as well........), and instead always had to settle on taller, slower pocket passers. It's also funny how any QB with mobility/elusiveness helped lead Iowa to banner seasons and made Iowa's offense better than it usually is, regardless of the flaws of those QBs.

Makes one wonder.......................but hey, 21 years later we'll have Marco Lainez!!! :D :D:D:D:D

Sanders was a force of nature, no doubt. But this team needs a force on the offensive side of the ball.

Banks or Tate. I lean Tate because he's more of a scrambler and we're still uncertain about the O line. Before you say Banks was a great runner too..Yes, he was. He also had the benefit of perhaps the best O line of the KFz era.
Yeah ... what led me to think Tate was not only his scrambling ... but also the precision of his passing. Tate would be able to get the ball into pretty narrow windows.

But my answer is actually gonna go to the defense.

If we had Daviyon Nixon on this team (or even last year's team), that completely solidifies this defensive unit. The only thing we'd have to worry about would be injuries, and the occasional pooping our pants on 3rd and 6000.

Okay, that and any star wide receiver that plays for Purdue, BUT OTHER THAN THAT..............

At that point, we almost don't even need an offense. Just let our defense and special teams get a few scores and we can win every game 14-7 or 10-6 etc.

It's fool-proof! :D

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT