ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Game

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:
Originally posted by Mountain Man Hawk:

Originally posted by iceland:
Here are the results for Kirk Ferentz against ISU.  W or L indicates Iowa's result against the Clones and the record is ISU's against other BCS/Power 5 teams that year (as those teams were considered at the time)

99    L    1-7
00    L    6-3
01    L    4-5
02    L    4-5
03    W    0-8
04    W    5-4
05    L    4-4
06    W    1-7
07    L    2-6
08    W    0-8
09    W    4-5
10    W    3-5
11    L    4-7
12    L    3-6
13    W    2-7
14    L    0-9

Kirk Ferentz's nine losses have come to ISU teams which have combined to go 28-52 against other BCS teams in those years.
That's pretty much what I would have expected the results to look like. Every loss since 2005 has been a really bad loss. Of course, maybe we are just lucky we don't play a directional Michigan school every year of who knows how many of those losses we would have been accumulating over that same time period.

Posted from Rivals Mobile
I don't think there is any luck involved as to who Iowa plays. I believe they schedule the teams in advance?
Of course. My broader point was just that we have had many other losses to teams the caliber of ISU over the past 10 years (Western Michigan in 2007, Central Michigan in 2012, etc). The losses to ISU just stick out more because they are an in-state team and we play them every year.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You are absolutely right, silly me. I went back to 2002 because that is how far Rivals went back. Maybe it was on purpose, like selective memory.

I think the point still, largely, stands. I don't see why anyone would expect a loss in Trice.

Originally posted by kyleparm:
I personally can't wait to see the meltdown on this board IF we lose to Pitt. I am not 100% giving up on Ferentz yet, although I'm about 90% there, just because you never know what can happen if we get a few bounces to go our way. While there justified concern around the program I'm not giving up quite yet. With how unpredicable this team is I don't see any reason why we couldn't run through noncon unscathed. Not in any way saying I think this will happen but, who really knows? What I'm trying to say is don't give up quite yet. Now, if we don't make a bowl next year then EVERYBODY PANIC! Sex Cannon 2015
Just curious - what does a post like this accomplish? And what obscure point were you trying to make?

Originally posted by soybean:

Originally posted by kyleparm:
I personally can't wait to see the meltdown on this board IF we lose to Pitt. I am not 100% giving up on Ferentz yet, although I'm about 90% there, just because you never know what can happen if we get a few bounces to go our way. While there justified concern around the program I'm not giving up quite yet. With how unpredicable this team is I don't see any reason why we couldn't run through noncon unscathed. Not in any way saying I think this will happen but, who really knows? What I'm trying to say is don't give up quite yet. Now, if we don't make a bowl next year then EVERYBODY PANIC! Sex Cannon 2015
Just curious - what does a post like this accomplish? And what obscure point were you trying to make?
Not being mean, but what do any post on here accomplish? I'ts just a form of entertainment to me and I have one of the best seats in the house.

Originally posted by MattFoleyHawk:
Originally posted by DewHawk:
I am not sure a lot of folks will have a melt down, most of us have already melted and waiting for the needed changes.
Why do people keep coming on here and think they speak for others or are in the majority? Who is 'most of us'? Please support this statement. Are you talking about posters to this site? Well, you need to provide a list or poll with over 1800 names (just an estimate) on it who have 'melted' to constitute your 'most of us'.claim. I'll wait. Try not to be long.
You state this as a fact. It is not fact. It is merely speculation, a 'feeling'. Why not just speak for yourself and state your OPINION since you cannot possibly know the thoughts of nearly 3700 posters.
Who says there are 'needed changes'? Who decides the 'needed' changes? You? Some overzealous fanatics who pretend they know something about running a major college football program? I'll leave it to the 'experts' and so should you.
And once again, state an opinion (I feel some changes need to be made), not "the needed changes'.
Always trying to help and it's alway interesting and
happy0030.r191677.gif
funny to watch people have meltdowns over a meaningless sporting event.
This post was edited on 2/18 3:56 PM by MattFoleyHawk
It is more fun to watch someone have a meltdown over a meaningless post about a meaningless sporting event.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT