ADVERTISEMENT

PMac to Butler.

With none of his boys playing for him, Fran must be planning his exit in next couple years, assuming Beth doesn't extend his contract.

This is good for PMAC...he'll either rebound/defend and improve as player or sit.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
One of the oldest college BB players next season He will be a couple weeks short of 25 when the NCAA tourney starts.

According to his LinkedIn page he is interested in “doing something in sports”. Coaching I suppose.

It really has nothing to do with Fran, if he does better at Butler it will show a change of scenery was a good thing for Patrick.
I don’t think so. If he doesn’t play or play well, it shows that Fran gave him way too many minutes, which he already did. If he plays well, then why couldn’t Fran get him to anywhere close to that at iowa, with every advantage that almost all other athletes never get? Either way, it’s not a good look for Fran. Hope PMac does well there though.

Last edited:
I don’t think so. If he doesn’t play or play well, it shows that Fran gave him way too many minutes, which he already did. If he plays well, then why couldn’t Fran get him to anywhere close to that at iowa, with every advantage that almost all other athletes never get? Either way, it’s not a good look for Fran. Hope PMac does well there though.

If this was a normal situation I would agree but Patrick is dealing with some personal issues. Fran isn't just another coach but also Patrick's dad. Patrick needs a change.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
If this was a normal situation I would agree but Patrick is dealing with some personal issues. Fran isn't just another coach but also Patrick's dad. Patrick needs a change.
I would agree that he needs a change. Hopefully it works out for him.

Personal issues aside, I doubt they had much to do about his lack of effort on the glass and D end of the court. My opinion.

I would agree that he needs a change. Hopefully it works out for him.

Personal issues aside, I doubt they had much to do about his lack of effort on the glass and D end of the court. My opinion.

Fran did his boy no favor by giving him obvious special treatment. In the end PMAC was a worse player and PMAC took much of the criticism for Fran's own failings.

Matta will insist on defense/rebounding or PMAC sits. Matta is 14-18 and 18-15. Giving PMAC a schollie is not a biggie....giving him extensive PT without performance would put Matta on the Hot seat or maybe Matta is planning his own retirement.

Fran did his boy no favor by giving him obvious special treatment. In the end PMAC was a worse player and PMAC took much of the criticism for Fran's own failings.

Matta will insist on defense/rebounding or PMAC sits. Matta is 14-18 and 18-15. Giving PMAC a schollie is not a biggie....giving him extensive PT without performance would put Matta on the Hot seat or maybe Matta is planning his own retirement.
Yea. Butler hasn’t made the ncaa tourney in like six years, although I think they would have made it during the Covid shortened season. If Matta can help use PMac to get Jack, it probably works out well for everyone. Didnt realize Butler has struggled so much lately.

Last edited:
Looks like butler wants to stay a middle of the conference team that they have become.
Butler has been really down the last five years. Only thing keeping them out of the very bottom of the Big East the past years is two of the current worst Power 6 programs in the country in Georgetown and DePaul.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Butler has been really down the last five years. Only thing keeping them out of the very bottom of the Big East the past years is two of the current worst Power 6 programs in the country in Georgetown and DePaul.
players like Patrick will keep them near the bottom of the Big East

Yea. Butler hasn’t made the ncaa tourney in like six years, although I think they would have made it during the Covid shortened season. If Matta can help use PMac to get Jack, it probably works out well for everyone. Didnt realize Butler has struggled so much lately.
Butler finally made a bad hire when they hired Lavell Jordan an alum there. Was a Lick asst and went to Michigan after Lick got fired. 1 down year as HC at UW Milwaukee before butler hired him. Looking at his record you’re right one year cut short only year tourney team he had while there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT