ADVERTISEMENT

Offseason prediction thread - who's leaving?

iowalawhawk

HR Heisman
Sep 5, 2002
The NIT is over and all we know officially is that Dasonte Bowen is moving on. History shows we'll lose some more players. But who?

Mark your predictions down now.

I predict Perkins and PMac to end their college careers. I think Payton will test the NBA waters but come back.

I don't think we lose anyone else (but there is always one who surprises me).

Agree with TP, DB, and PM (stated today). Worried about Dix as he really does not look happy on the court and recent rumor. Beyond that, I expect one WTF transfer. Oh, one very mediocre portal addition.

But it really does not matter much given McCaffery will still be the coach and the results still mediocre regardless of the players.

The NIT is over and all we know officially is that Dasonte Bowen is moving on. History shows we'll lose some more players. But who?

Mark your predictions down now.

I predict Perkins and PMac to end their college careers. I think Payton will test the NBA waters but come back.

I don't think we lose anyone else (but there is always one who surprises me).
I agree with all of this. Could also see Mulvey leaving, depending on how he and Fran feel he has developed this year. Thanks to the redshirt year, he has two years remaining.

Reactions: HawkLogic
4 open scholarships, known players not coming back, Ben Krikke, Patrick McCaffery, Desonte Bowen. Maybe Tony Perkins...

4 open scholarships, known players not coming back, Ben Krikke, Patrick McCaffery, Desonte Bowen. Maybe Tony Perkins...
Everyone thinks TP has value for other P5 schools. Please tell me what he brings? Defensive tenacity? No Three poin shot? No. Drive & dish player? No (other than 1 or 2 games, not that much of a facilitator). He has way too many games & plays he takes off & doesn't show up.

Dix & PS are the only two who have credible P5 games, other than Freeman who is staying..... this year.

Reactions: Moral
Agree with TP, DB, and PM (stated today). Worried about Dix as he really does not look happy on the court and recent rumor. Beyond that, I expect one WTF transfer. Oh, one very mediocre portal addition.

But it really does not matter much given McCaffery will still be the coach and the results still mediocre regardless of the players.
What are the rumors around Dix?

I'll go with this.

I think Perkins is gone. He didn't seem too engaged late in the season. Dix - ??? There are rumors, but I have no info. Rumors are just rumors until they aren't.

After that, I have no idea. Mulvey might be the only other "maybe", but again, no info. Just basing on the fact that he's a JR and hasn't seen the court much, so I wouldn't be too shocked. Not sure if his redshirt this year impacts that at all.

Looking at the rest of the roster, no one else stands out to me as someone who might be aching to leave.

Is it the 2.1 ppg at Marquette or the 2.5 ppg at Bradley that make you think we should go hard and offer whatever to bring him in? Left Bradley midseason even, sounds like a guy I really want..
it's the 5-star ranking, 6'5 frame and athleticism I like placing into the backcourt rotation

These are not sunshine happy times for Iowa Men's Basketball. A "meh" year, being completely secondary to the Women's team, getting several beat-downs during the year.

I hope Josh stays, but wouldn't blame anyone for leaving. If Creighton is interested it seems like an easy decision for him.

Iowa Basketball is like 10 day old bread .... dry, stale, crusty with a little mold around the edges.

it's the 5-star ranking, 6'5 frame and athleticism I like placing into the backcourt rotation
He was a 4 star according to what you posted. Just remember, a lot of people complain saying we don't have B10 talent but now we should bring in a guy who wasn't hacking it at a mid major school and is now transferring to a different mid major school. Ben Krikke was 1st team all conference in that same conference as Ellis was just in, and people couldn't wait for Krikke to be gone.

I'll go with this.

I think Perkins is gone. He didn't seem too engaged late in the season. Dix - ??? There are rumors, but I have no info. Rumors are just rumors until they aren't.

After that, I have no idea. Mulvey might be the only other "maybe", but again, no info. Just basing on the fact that he's a JR and hasn't seen the court much, so I wouldn't be too shocked. Not sure if his redshirt this year impacts that at all.

Looking at the rest of the roster, no one else stands out to me as someone who might be aching to leave.
Who is Jovone Cater? Says he was at Holy Cross and a SR. Braun listed as a SR as well. Mulvey is a just a wasted schollie at this point and if he is serious about bball should look for other opportunities.

If the 3 known SR go as well as DB, and then the 3 I listed, that's 5 open schollies that Fran could play with.

He was a 4 star according to what you posted. Just remember, a lot of people complain saying we don't have B10 talent but now we should bring in a guy who wasn't hacking it at a mid major school and is now transferring to a different mid major school. Ben Krikke was 1st team all conference in that same conference as Ellis was just in, and people couldn't wait for Krikke to be gone.
who cares? 1 year is all he has, not like we're building a future with him, just riding out the Fran era ...****tits

who cares? 1 year is all he has, not like we're building a future with him, just riding out the Fran era ...****tits
I just don't understand why you think a guy that was playing 12 minutes per game and scoring 2 points for ****ing Bradley should be playing guard for Iowa and would be an upgrade to what we have. Some times recruiting rankings are wrong you know..

Reactions: chaneccooms
I just don't understand why you think a guy that was playing 12 minutes per game and scoring 2 points for ****ing Bradley should be playing guard for Iowa and would be an upgrade to what we have. Some times recruiting rankings are wrong you know..
you must not be paying attention, we need guard depth for next year

Obligatory- please contribute to the SWARM to give the staff a fighting chance in recruiting if seeking improvements

Edit - spelling

Reactions: chaneccooms
If Creighton is interested it wouldn't be surprising that Dix might consider it. That one would hurt as he is at least a decently competitive athlete at his position (2/3) in the B1G.
I doubt Tony P is coming back. Still think he has value for a possible NCAA tourney contender who will cough up some NIL dollars for his services.
I've thought since the redshirt announcement that Mulvey would be leaving and drop down a level to a mid major. A complete guess on that one. I won't be surprised either way and to be honest I don't care much either way.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Bowen hitting the portal was pretty obvious. Not unlike when JoeT hit portal after fran replaced him in starting lineup with Jbo at PG.

If Fran doesn't plan on playing Riley next year, I see no benefit to redshirting him in hopes that someday Fran might consider using him at garbage time. These scholarships should be used for legitimate development prospects. I don't think Banklng schollies which Fran does on regular basis has ever made sense.

In today's NIL world, all the roster is open for tampering/bidding war. Perkins most definitely would have NIL value, though he did tail off quite a bit in productivity as the season end arrived.

Dix to ISU or Creighton could theoretically happen---closer to his home and both are NCAA regulars that actually aren't 1 and done. Apparently both schools have NIL money, I assume more than Iowa. There is no substance so far...but we've seen with Fredrick things can be happening in the background and then the sudden surprise.

Sandfort seemingly would stick around to play with his brolher

Harding doesn't have a lot of market value becuase he would be considered a defensive risk by most teams that
do worry about defense and he has clear path to starting next year.

Freeman supposedly has rich parents per QHAWK, he and Harding have a special chemistry. We have Freeman for another year...I wouldn't guarantee it beyond 1 year if next year ends in meh, NIT and limited NIL money.

We need a coach that will energize boosters to give NIL. Otherwise, we are meh and trending down.

I'll take a run at it, why not?...

For sure / most likely staying / incoming...
1. Freeman
2. Harding
3. Pa Sandfort
4. Pr Sandfort
5. Dix
6. Dembele
7. Brauns
8. Koch
9. Tadjo

Leaves 4 portal transfers...
1. An experienced PG is an absolute must
2. An experienced Combo guard