ADVERTISEMENT

PMac to Butler.

With none of his boys playing for him, Fran must be planning his exit in next couple years, assuming Beth doesn't extend his contract.

This is good for PMAC...he'll either rebound/defend and improve as player or sit.
I can't see Fran leaving with that freshman class and next years freshman. He has the makings for a better team than we've seen in awhile. Hopefully pmac gets a year of better treatment from the fans their.

Once fans actually watch Patrick play, if they watch all aspects of the game, he won't be a fan favorite.
I disagree depending on his meds, health, and opposition. We'll see but hopefully he has a great senior year. I'd leave too if i was him. Bashing onba message board is fine but in person and the nasty messages are just plain wrong. I hate to say it but he was a good role player. Great kid too. But this is just my opinion.

Yea. Butler hasn’t made the ncaa tourney in like six years, although I think they would have made it during the Covid shortened season. If Matta can help use PMac to get Jack, it probably works out well for everyone. Didnt realize Butler has struggled so much lately.
Yeah, hard to believe Butler had made the NC game back to back….they had a great couple runs no doubt and then the wheels came off somewhere along the way….😎

I disagree depending on his meds, health, and opposition. We'll see but hopefully he has a great senior year. I'd leave too if i was him. Bashing onba message board is fine but in person and the nasty messages are just plain wrong. I hate to say it but he was a good role player. Great kid too. But this is just my opinion.
He was a role player, that didn’t play role player minutes. And that brought on a lot of problems.

I thought as the year went on he played better as his minutes were reduced but i like the kid. No thyroid is ridiculous. But definitely preferred him off the bench.
Nice kid, just not a very aggressive D1 basketball player. Wonder how the Butler fans reacted to the news?

Reactions: Bishop-71
Nice kid, just not a very aggressive D1 basketball player. Wonder how the Butler fans reacted to the news?
Probably happy. It's always exciting to get a p6 player with that much experience. Just don't think he can maintain an aggressive play even with fewer minutes but sounds like he wants to be a starter one more year.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
Probably happy. It's always exciting to get a p6 player with that much experience. Just don't think he can maintain an aggressive play even with fewer minutes but sounds like he wants to be a starter one more year.
Butler is expecting PMac to be a starter in the Big East?!?!?

Good luck to him. I don’t see him as a starter with his lack of defensive intensity and his reluctance to compete on the boards at both ends. He was a starter at the beginning of the year then transitioned to off the bench at 20 minutes per game with very little to show for it in points and rebounds. I don’t see things changing in his game after four years at Iowa but good luck in his final year going to Butler.

Patrick has offense skills. Otherwise?

Patrick has offense skills. Otherwise?
He's not a bad passer and may find defense and rebounding is a necessary thing. Kind of looking forward to see how he does. He flashed serious potential but think his medical stuff interferes with his development. He just can't maintain his health. His anxiety disorder may also have something to do with his transferring.

Not really on the minutes, good story though
And the anxiety disorder. Many people have trauma from cancer and it results in ptsd, anxiety, etc. He's a great story and gave his all. Wish we could combine Connor with pmac and you have a tough nose 3 or 4. Kinda miss Connor.

With none of his boys playing for him, Fran must be planning his exit in next couple years, assuming Beth doesn't extend his contract.

This is good for PMAC...he'll either rebound/defend and improve as player or sit.
He won't go 1 on 5 anymore with no inkling of passing the ball.

And the anxiety disorder. Many people have trauma from cancer and it results in ptsd, anxiety, etc. He's a great story and gave his all. Wish we could combine Connor with pmac and you have a tough nose 3 or 4. Kinda miss Connor.
Connor was an important contributor and team leader his last two years. Patrick could give short spurts that contributed to success, but his almost total lack of defense and rebounding usually more than made up for his offensive contributions. If Patrick suddenly develops some toughness at Butler, I think Iowa fans should be even more unhappy with the playing time he got at Iowa. He kept better all-round players off the court, and probably indirectly contributed to some transferring out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT