ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Do you generally look at people as you pass them on the road?

Do you generally look at people as you pass them on the road?

• Total voters

alaskanseminole

HR Legend
Oct 20, 2002
cat-driving.gif

Or

driving-ace-ventura.gif

Do you drive past people and keep your eyes forward or do you turn and look at them. If you turn to look, what do you do when you make eye contact?

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
If I'm in the passenger seat getting road head. Otherwise, it's kind of distracting while driving.

I think the only time I do this is when I'm stuck behind a Left Lane Lounger. Especially if they have a line of vehicles behind them and then everyone starts to pass them in the right lane. That's usually when I'll look over to see who I'm dealing with. They never seem to look back either with confirms they are oblivious to their driving tendencies and should be black bagged and tossed into a mandatory 12 month drivers ed course/work camp.

I generally do not. I will if they are especially bad at driving, but if it's a woman, I generally don't bother giving them a disappointing glare. We all know women drivers cannot see anything happening outside a 30 degree arc 50 feet directly in front of their vehicle. And all their mirrors are pointed back at themselves.

All it takes is a quick glance to know if further investigation is necessary. There could be a total smoke show in there.

I would say I look at the driver if they're doing something exceptionally stupid. Not really to "mean mug" them so much, but more to judge them in general lol I did notice for years that the absolute worst of the worst drivers were often masked while alone in their car. Now I notice that those masks have been subbed out for Ukraine bumper stickers. Fun added observation beyond op's question.

I think the only time I do this is when I'm stuck behind a Left Lane Lounger. Especially if they have a line of vehicles behind them and then everyone starts to pass them in the right lane. That's usually when I'll look over to see who I'm dealing with. They never seem to look back either with confirms they are oblivious to their driving tendencies and should be black bagged and tossed into a mandatory 12 month drivers ed course/work camp.
Same. I make an internal bet that they're texting.

Yesterday we got stuck behind a car doing 18-19 for what felt like forever. Once we turned right onto the 4-lane, I passed him, looked over, and sure enough. ON HIS PHONE! He had slowed down for the school zone, but was buried in his phone so didn't notice when it went back up to 35.

Only the slow left lane loungers. I appreciate people who get out of the way without requiring me to slow down.

Only the slow left lane loungers. I appreciate people who get out of the way without requiring me to slow down.
The final stretch home has a red light on a 4-lane with no right turn lane. More often than not, as I'm approaching there will be ONE car in the right lane not turning right, thus causing a huge back up for the 10 cars waiting to turn right with their blinkers all on.

If I see the potential for this, I'll turn my blinker on really early hoping the car in front of it will see it and slide over. Every now and then it actually works and when I get to the light I always put my window down, look over, and give a smile and nod of thank you/acknowledgement before turning right. It's that subtle road bond. :)

Reactions: MitchLL
I would say I look at the driver if they're doing something exceptionally stupid. Not really to "mean mug" them so much, but more to judge them in general lol I did notice for years that the absolute worst of the worst drivers were often masked while alone in their car. Now I notice that those masks have been subbed out for Ukraine bumper stickers. Fun added observation beyond op's question.
Please delete your account.

Thread to go politically south in

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
And here I was just answering the question of the thread lol its OK, I'm gonna be the bigger person here and not get into a mud slinging match with mitchy. He seems to be having a bad day today already.

I'm from Iowa... I wave and smile at every single person, sometimes employing the one or two finger wave when driving.

And I don't pay attention to how the other person reacts because I've been on the east coast for long enough.

And here I was just answering the question of the thread lol its OK, I'm gonna be the bigger person here and not get into a mud slinging match with mitchy. He seems to be having a bad day today already.
Same shit from you...every fricken day.

Reactions: peacehawk
Never do, I don't care to see who's out there. 10 and 2 and eyes on the road!

Yes. And quite the coincidence this thread popped up today.

Just yesterday I was driving my pickup down a busy 8 lane highway in heavy stop and go traffic. While at a stop, I looked down to my left and I saw a bare leg propped up with the knee on resting on the armrest of the driver’s side door. The right arm of the driver is visible to the wrist, with the hand disappearing under the base of a tshirt in the crotch area. This somewhat frumpy looking young woman was very likely masturbating.

I didn’t get a pic, unfortunately. But I’d give her a 5-6ish/10 with the capability of hitting a 7-8ish/10 with a little makeup and her hair done up. Very average looking 25-30ish year old. One you wouldn’t brag about nailing, but wouldn’t feel ashamed either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT