ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Music City Offense will be better, worse or the same?

Will the Hawks Bowl game offense be better, worse, or the same?

• Better

Votes: 45 39.8%
  • Worse

Votes: 15 13.3%
  • The Same

Votes: 53 46.9%

• Total voters

Hawk_4shur

HR Legend
Jan 2, 2009
Good news - Hawks have had a couple of weeks without games to focus on offensive improvement.

Bad News - 3rd string QB that has never taken a snap in college

Good News - The OL did pretty well against Kentucky last year

Bad News - Kentucky is 11th ranked in scoring defense, and had some guys missing last year.

What say you?

🤷‍♂️

Good news - Hawks have had a couple of weeks without games to focus on offensive improvement.

Bad News - Kentucky is 11th ranked in scoring defense, and had some guys missing last year.

What say you?

🤷‍♂️
RUN! That's it. An occasional pass to LaPorta and Lachey.

It's going to be a rainy, sloppy mess of a field.

That's not the attitude to have in a game like this. While I in no way want or expect Brian to have Labas toss the ball around 30 times I see no reason to curl up in a ball and hope to win 7-6.
Exactly, who cares if we lose by 20. At least make it entertaining….I will be way more upset if we win 6-4 than lose 49-42 or something like that. It’s a meaningless bowl game essentially, it’s for the players to have some fun and see what we may have for next year.

This isn’t the Rose Bowl or a playoff game. Let it all loose like the Holiday bowl or that OSU game plan.

It probably will be about the same, but I'm hoping for (at least marginally) better. Unlike Petras and Padilla, Labas allegedly has decent mobility, which is essential with a leaky o-line. That mobility could offset his inexperience. If the line is solid, then the offense should be better. It doesn't hurt that UK will be missing some players.

If somehow the offense looks better with the 3rd string QB, no experienced WR's and the same OL that Nebraska pushed around and playing against a top 15 defense - I'll start believing in Santa Claus again.

Still, fingers crossed.

That's not the attitude to have in a game like this. While I in no way want or expect Brian to have Labas toss the ball around 30 times I see no reason to curl up in a ball and hope to win 7-6.
Why would they have a different gameplan from what has been in place all year?

Exactly, who cares if we lose by 20. At least make it entertaining….I will be way more upset if we win 6-4 than lose 49-42 or something like that. It’s a meaningless bowl game essentially, it’s for the players to have some fun and see what we may have for next year.

This isn’t the Rose Bowl or a playoff game. Let it all loose like the Holiday bowl or that OSU game plan.

Never understood this….when we give up late TDS with the game in hand, it super frustrates me…

If we give up 42 points to a Kentucky team missing their QB and multiple other players, color me concerned.

And if you follow up with you know what I mean… Then I would answer no I don’t. I don’t wanna give up even 20 points to the Kentucky game.!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971

You know what we did really, really well in that tOSU game….we executed like a King!!

Never understood this….when we give up late TDS with the game in hand, it super frustrates me…

If we give up 42 points to a Kentucky team missing their QB and multiple other players, color me concerned.

And if you follow up with you know what I mean… Then I would answer no I don’t. I don’t wanna give up even 20 points to the Kentucky game.!
I mean I’d rather we not give up points to Kentucky either….but I’d rather we not spend the entire game squeezing our cheeks together trying to win the game 6-3 or something ridiculous….acting like it’s the 4th quarter of the national title game.

You know what we did really, really well in that tOSU game….we executed like a King!!
So no offense CM but I think it’s time to put that Ohio State game to bed. It’s an absolute outlier and instead of building on it we went the other way. Yes, we executed but Brian pulled out all the stops. 3 tight end sets, we actually fooled people. Why have we not done anything like that since that game? I’m talking about different formations, etc. For 3 years we did nothing but line Petras up in shotgun with mostly weak offensive lines and expect better results.

What say you?

🤷‍♂️
There should only be two options:
Better
The Same
I don’t believe it can get worse.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur

I think he meant have more of an aggressive gameplan than a slow, clock controlling one on the offensive side of the ball....given the 2nd string personnel on the offense side of the ball

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT