ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Predict our NCAA Tournament Seed

Probably an 8, really hoping we get lucky at get a 7 but I doubt it. I think 6 seed is for sure out of the question now.

Originally posted by M3 ME PLEASE:
Probably an 8, really hoping we get lucky at get a 7 but I doubt it. I think 6 seed is for sure out of the question now.
knowing our luck, we will get an 8/9 and KY or Duke awaiting the winner

we will get what we deserve, sorry to say;

when you look at the games we could have / should have won:

@Purdue
MN at home
@ N'w

Penn State, today
Purdue tomorrow

and with a probable loss to WI on Sat, that would have put your record at 26-8; instead we sit at 21-11; oh well....

Can't count all those wins. If Iowa had just one more game, then they would have been a 3 seed not 5.

My hope for them was always that they make the tourney(NOT the Dayton game) and get their first NCAA win in a LONG time.

They can still do that, but I think they made it tougher on themselves today by not showing up against psu.

I don't think they make the 7 line.

News flash...you get the play in game again!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Hey Bones, don't call last year's game a "play in game." Remember, that was a true NCAA appearance. Not one of 64, couldn't be found on TV anywhere on the planet, but a legitimate NCAA game because Fran got a bonus. Right.

I have tried to explain this 'play in' thing to several dumbasses since its inception. There are 68 teams in the tourney and every one of them has an opportunity to win it all. Therefore they do not have to win a game to be in the tournament. But go ahead and try to explain this to any numbnut moron that insists otherwise.
laugh.r191677.gif

Are you serious? We were 32nd in the AP this week with only 7 votes. The worth of those two or three good road wins have long expired. Several Top 25 teams will not even get a 5 seed not to mention a 3.

RRattt still has Iowa as a 7. ISU a 3 or 4 and UNI a 4 or 5. Kstate out. Texas bubble, Illinois out. Indiana bubble.
smile.r191677.gif

I went and looked at last year's bracket and the 7 seeds looked like they had better records than Iowas. I didn't look at their resumes though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"Vegas" (gambling-related sources) currently has us most likely to be seeded in this order of likelihood:

This is after yesterday's games. Next couple days could change it and I have no clue how good the money is at predicting seeding. Just one interesting source among many...

Originally posted by ihawk in FWB:
I went and looked at last year's bracket and the 7 seeds looked like they had better records than Iowas. I didn't look at their resumes though.
So basically you are saying you wasted about 2 minutes of your time, and then wasted 15 seconds of everyone else's by posting this. Got it.

Probably an 8/9. If you can't beat the 13th team in the league you don't deserve to be any better.

The absolute WORST thing Iowa could do was lose their first game in the BTT. This team is so emotionally fragile, I am concerned that their confidence has been shattered. It doesn't matter what their seed is....if they go into the tourney with self doubts and a pessimistic attitude...they have no chance.

I think we drop all the way to a 9. Here are the reasons:

1. Committee remembers that team from last year that collapsed down the stretch and then got mopped by Tennessee in a play-in game.
2. Our neutral court record this season
3. Penn State is a bad basketball team, worse than any team we'll face in the NCAA tournament and we just lost to them to close out regular season.

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
Can't count all those wins. If Iowa had just one more game, then they would have been a 3 seed not 5.
what i was referring to was how good our record could have been.

@Purdue
MN at home
@ N'w

Instead of 21-10, 12-6, and a 5 seed in the BTT, we could have been 24-7, 15-3, and a 2 seed in the BTT

obviously we would not have played until today, against a very beatable IU team., with Michigan State the likely opponent for Saturday; we could have left the United Center with at least a 26-8 record on Sunday but instead we are stuck with 21-11

the end of the season does not matter as much as how they do in the OOC the announcers keep ripping teams like Indiana who played a very weak OOC schedule. that win @ UNC carries more weight than that loss to PSU EVER WILL.

7 seed in the East

Originally posted by OnceAhawk:
Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
what i was referring to was how good our record could have been.

@Purdue
MN at home
@ N'w

Instead of 21-10, 12-6, and a 5 seed in the BTT, we could have been 24-7, 15-3, and a 2 seed in the BTT

obviously we would not have played until today, against a very beatable IU team., with Michigan State the likely opponent for Saturday; we could have left the United Center with at least a 26-8 record on Sunday but instead we are stuck with 21-11
Iowa could have been 32-0 if they hadn't lost those 11 games. Damn it.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT