ADVERTISEMENT

**** Men's NCAA Tournament ****

For those who don’t like Purdue’s “style” please explain. They’ve got the most dominant big man since probably Shaq. Painter seems to do it right, and this year they were a top 5 3 point shooting team. And don’t tell me 3 seconds in the lane. That’s not an argument.

Big 12 and SEC the worst conferences in this year's tournament (shocker) and the ACC the best, although they should still take some heat for the Virginia debacle in the play-in game.
Based on seeding and expected wins to the final 4, the Big 12 was -7, the SEC was -4, and the ACC was +5. All other conferences were either +/-1 or 0.
Every Big 12 team except Texas was bounced a round earlier than they should have been.
The B1G outperformed its seeding for the first time since 2019.

Row LabelsSum of Expected WinSum of WinsSum of +/-
A10
1​
2​
1​
ACC
7​
12​
5​
America East
0​
0​
0​
ASUN
0​
0​
0​
Big 12
14​
7​
-7​
Big East
9​
8​
-1​
Big South
0​
0​
0​
Big Ten
8​
9​
1​
Big West
0​
0​
0​
Coastal Athletic
0​
0​
0​
Conf USA
1​
0​
-1​
Horizon
0​
1​
1​
Ivy
0​
1​
1​
MAAC
0​
0​
0​
MAC
0​
0​
0​
MVC
0​
0​
0​
MWC
2​
3​
1​
Northeast
0​
0​
0​
Ohio Valley
0​
0​
0​
PAC 12
4​
5​
1​
Patriot
0​
0​
0​
SEC
12​
8​
-4​
Southern
0​
0​
0​
Southland
0​
0​
0​
Summit
0​
0​
0​
Sun Belt
0​
1​
1​
SWAC
0​
0​
0​
WAC
0​
1​
1​
WCC
2​
2​
0​
Grand Total
60​
60​
0​

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
It's a waste of time to try and compete with blue bloods but Fran keeps doing it over and over and over again with the same results.

Kind of like playing basketball without defense. Over and over, same results.

Meanwhile Otzlberger takes a bunch of guys from mid and low majors that are in no particular geographic region and takes them to sweet 16s.

We need a different approach.
Spot on…

Someone tell Underwood he missed out on calling about 3 timeouts during that run. Might not make any difference, but at least try to stem the tide!!
Yup, he was also hellbent on going right at Clingon and that approach failed miserably. I never thought the Illini had the guards to make to the final 4 anyway, too bad they had UConn in their bracket after a somewhat easy go of it the first 3 games…😎

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
For those who don’t like Purdue’s “style” please explain. They’ve got the most dominant big man since probably Shaq. Painter seems to do it right, and this year they were a top 5 3 point shooting team. And don’t tell me 3 seconds in the lane. That’s not an argument.
If Iowa were ever to succeed in basketball, they will need to emulate what Purdue does…..I originally had thought Wisconsin, but I’d rather not go the route of ‘dirty’ tactics after seeing Painter do it the right way. Purdue kind of reminds me of Arizona back in the day - definitely some choke jobs, but eventually breaking through…

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
If Iowa were ever to succeed in basketball, they will need to emulate what Purdue does…..I originally had thought Wisconsin, but I’d rather not go the route of ‘dirty’ tactics after seeing Painter do it the right way. Purdue kind of reminds me of Arizona back in the day - definitely some choke jobs, but eventually breaking through…

We had Garza, but he wasn't the rebounding/defensive force of Edey and we surrounded him with less than optimum talent....JBO, CMAC, Fredrick, Weezy. There aren't that many 7'4 POY types and Painter is destination
of choice for giants. In this NIL era our ceiling is probably Sweet16 even with a top coach like TJ Otzelberger.

Back to Purdue game....Braden Smith getting exposed on the big stage because he't tiny and not an elite athlete.

I'd kill for Purdue's success and style doesn't mean that much compared to wins. That said they have the most dominant player in college ball and he's also a vaccuum cleaner on the boards. The talent Painter has surrounded Edey with is better than Iowa's, but not great. Loyer and Smith are weak points....good shooters, lessor athletes.

Bama starting to get hosed. Late whistles, no whistles for them.

It will be funny to hear these announcers slowly melt down if Alabama ends up winning this game. They do justice to all the Big East cry babies.

Is it just me or does it seem like Mason Gillis has played for Purdue for like 10 years.
The funny thing is that Gillis has a Covid year left if he wants it. Don’t think he will take it though. With 6 signed freshman coming in next season, Purdue is over the scholarship limit as it is.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
I just do not believe PU guards are good enough to win Monday nite.
Hope they prove me wrong.
I thought the same about the Illini before they played Uconn....and well, we all know how that ended. I just hope it is a close game for an half at least... 🤞

UConn's coach is a damn crybaby on the sideline

The Paul Rhoads of basketball coaches.
rhoadsrockinfinal.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT