ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Trump thumping Biden in Michigan — but losing to Whitmer

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
If I were a Democrat in Michigan, I would be breaking the emergency fire alarms,” the pollster says

Donald Trump is trouncing Joe Biden in Michigan — but the state’s Democratic governor would fare much better against Trump in a hypothetical matchup, a new poll showed.

The poll, conducted by the Michigan-based Glengariff Group from Jan. 2 to Jan. 6, has the former president beating Biden by 8 points — 47 to 39 percent — among likely voters in the state.

Reactions: West Dundee Hawkeye
If I were a Democrat in Michigan, I would be breaking the emergency fire alarms,” the pollster says

Donald Trump is trouncing Joe Biden in Michigan — but the state’s Democratic governor would fare much better against Trump in a hypothetical matchup, a new poll showed.

The poll, conducted by the Michigan-based Glengariff Group from Jan. 2 to Jan. 6, has the former president beating Biden by 8 points — 47 to 39 percent — among likely voters in the state.

Biden needs to do the right thing.

Not that I understand voting for Trump, but I get the apprehension around Biden.

Still, WTF?

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Biden will be 82 on Inauguration Day. I used to be a Republican but can't stand Trump. I voted for Biden in 2020.

I think Harris is a big nothing. She was in charge of the Border. What a flipping joke. First time I saw her in the Dem Debate in 2019, she played the victim card. She could not do that with Putin or Xi. I am looking for a leader.

Gretchen Whitmer would be a ton better than Harris.

Biden is at his best when he gives a big FU to the Far Left. Every major piece of legislation Biden has passed was because he moved to the Middle.

If Biden sticks with Harris as VP, I will vote for a 3rd Party Candidate.

I noticed. Kinda weird.

1167.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
People see joe biden for what he is. The propaganda isn't working, especially in younger demographics.

I'll be voting for not Trump.

I live in a deep blue state that will go Democrat regardless.

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Biden will be 82 on Inauguration Day. I used to be a Republican but can't stand Trump. I voted for Biden in 2020.

I think Harris is a big nothing. She was in charge of the Border. What a flipping joke. First time I saw her in the Dem Debate in 2019, she played the victim card. She could not do that with Putin or Xi. I am looking for a leader.

Gretchen Whitmer would be a ton better than Harris.

Biden is at his best when he gives a big FU to the Far Left. Every major piece of legislation Biden has passed was because he moved to the Middle.

If Biden sticks with Harris as VP, I will vote for a 3rd Party Candidate.
Biden IS the “middle”, West...only morons and Republicans think Biden is some radical Democrat. There are 3 Democrats today....Manchin, Biden and The View...Whitmer, like Biden works from the middle. Manchin reps the “old school” Democrat..more conservative socially and financially but firmly convinced that government has a dominant role in America life...voting rights, civil rights, social security, militarily, etc....

All the Palestinians in Michigan would rather be thrown in a concentration camp and given religious tests for access to being a citizen than vote for Biden evidently. Good luck to them if they actually hold to that in November. They will get what they deserve for that.

I think Biden's a weak candidate, but I don't put a whole of stock in polls right now. Most of the holdouts are people who are hoping for a Biden alternative, Trump is maxed out in every poll you see. On top of the fact that the Democrats are essentially sitting on their Trump campaign material right now, while the Republicans have had months of campaigning where they trash Biden/Democrats on the news and in commercials.

The Hamas caucus is pretty powerful 😂

More correctly, they think they are…

Michigan activists want to shock and shame the Biden campaign in the state's Tuesday primary to take seriously the risk of losing the support of Muslim and Arab Americans.
Why it matters: The war in Gaza has hurt President Biden's support among the same voters who were crucial to him flipping the state from Trump in 2020.

Activists want voters to back "uncommitted" instead of Biden.

FDR is considered the #2 Pres in US History. He is behind only Lincoln.

FDR is considered the #1 Dem Pres of all time.

FDR changed VP's twice. Nobody thought FDR would survive a 4th term.

Dem party elders picked Truman. FDR wanted James Brynes.

Nothing written in stone says Harris has to be the VP.

I am a massive fan of FDR. I voted for Biden. I despise Trump.

My Dad was in great health at 81. Within a few years he had dementia.

WTF is wrong with the Dems?

Biden is not immune from aging.

Dems keep saying he looks great now. That is not the flipping question. What is the question is how he will be from 2025-2029?

Reactions: joelbc1
Whitmer/Newsome would be a great ticket for Dems.
For Dems. I don’t mind Whitmer but Newsom has a horrible track record in his home state and lies his ass off. Not as much as Trump, but he’s a pretty impressive liar.

As a Michigander, I'd love to vote for Whitmer. She's been a good governor. A Whitmer/Beshear would be an interesting combination or Whitmer/Shapiro would be interesting.

I've voted for Biden in 2020 as there was no way I'd vote for Trump. That has not changed, but today I'm voting uncommitted on the Democratic ticket.

FDR is considered the #2 Pres in US History. He is behind only Lincoln.

FDR is considered the #1 Dem Pres of all time.

FDR changed VP's twice. Nobody thought FDR would survive a 4th term.

Dem party elders picked Truman. FDR wanted James Brynes.

Nothing written in stone says Harris has to be the VP.

I am a massive fan of FDR. I voted for Biden. I despise Trump.

My Dad was in great health at 81. Within a few years he had dementia.

WTF is wrong with the Dems?

Biden is not immune from aging.

Dems keep saying he looks great now. That is not the flipping question. What is the question is how he will be from 2025-2029?
The worst scenario possible for Biden's health in 2027 is still better than Trump.

Until I get polled, I don't trust them. Didn't the 2016 polls show Hillary was going to win this thing?

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Biden isn t perfect let's c what he has accomplished. Lower insulin cost capped out of pocket prescription at 2000 record job creation 15 million brought us out of a pandemic inflation spike but has brought it down to under 4 % gas under 3 bucks. Trump tax break to billionaires tried to get rid of healthcare cut SSI Medicare medicaid public education get rid of epa and all social programs. That's trumps accomplishments. Oh forgot he f d up a bipartisan border deal. My votes for slow and steady joe to the chaos cheetos

Marianne has unsuspended her campaign. I have made no decision yet and will not announce in the socials, but I may jump back in the race as well. Please respect my privacy at this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT