Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Portland Timbers

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Seattle Sounders

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Orlando City

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
I don't get why people post on this if they don't care about soccer (most likely baseball fans). It's like Nebraska fans on the football board coming to defend their program.
I don't get it either. I don't like to watch golf or the NHL but you don't see me rushing to every golf/hockey thread to denounce the sport. Some people have some weird insecurities.

In other news, Germany's b/c squad just destroyed Mexico today.

Last edited:
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I don't get why people post on this if they don't care about soccer (most likely baseball fans). It's like Nebraska fans on the football board coming to defend their program.

Because Soccer sucks?

Clue: Make the goal bigger for more scoring.

Anyway, and no, I don't fit either of those demographics.

This thread and the included poll are more detailed and complex than the entirety of my scant wealth of soccer knowledge. I know that MLS is more than a real estate thing, and I've heard of the Chicago Fire, although I could probably still be tricked into believing it's a wnba team.

I used to root for the Fire but after attending a Sporting KC match and seeing an USMNT match in KC(during Chicago's dark ages) I switched allegiance. The experience in KC was incredible.

I have always watched soccer during the World Cup or when the national team was on TV but attending a match is a whole other experience. Whenever the US plays in Chicago or KC I will buy an extra ticket in the American Outlaw section so I can bring a friend who has never attended a soccer match. They tend to walk out having a great experience.

None, fvck Orlando. The team would be better served in Tampa bay. MLS sucks anyway.

None, fvck Orlando. The team would be better served in Tampa bay. MLS sucks anyway.

The Rowdies would be great in MLS IF they get an owner like an Arthur Blank or a Paul Allen etc. It takes billionaire money now, and I think the Mutiny experience scares those people off. But MLS is a far different animal now, and the Rowdies have been a successful brand for decades.

The Rowdies would be great in MLS IF they get an owner like an Arthur Blank or a Paul Allen etc. It takes billionaire money now, and I think the Mutiny experience scares those people off. But MLS is a far different animal now, and the Rowdies have been a successful brand for decades.
Orlando won’t let it happen, hence my “fvck Orlando” attitude. They have the power to veto it due to proximity.

Edit: I love the rowdies and go to a few games a year. When I first moved to St Pete I could see the stadium from the front of my building.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT