ADVERTISEMENT

Precious Metals

hooper56

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
Stock market is a little jumpy and it has run up a long way.

Where do you boys buy your silver and gold? Bars or coins?

Need a recco

Need a recco

Is there a reason you'd rather get physical previous metals as opposed to investments with precious metals exposure? It's a lot less expensive.

After the EMP attack, it will be hard to get ahold of your online assets.

Also during the zombie apocalypse.

It will also be difficult to find people willing to buy physical gold in such circumstances.

Food, alcohol, drugs, guns and ammo.... those will be the currencies of choice when the apocalypse happens.

Need a recco
All American Bullion and Coins in downtown Cedar Rapids. Nice fellow that owns the shop. He's an army vet. You've probably missed the boat on gold, but it's always nice to poke around in the store. I have bought 10 1oz American Eagle bullion coins in the last year, but there has been a large run up in price. I have bought a large number of Morgan silver dollars from him, and some "junk silver". As mentioned there are ways to buy on line, some better than others. In general you will pay less on line, but the benefit of going to a store is you touch it and see it before buying. Not as important in buying bullion coins. That is of value if you are buying circulated coins. And, other than getting mugged as you walk to your car, it's safer than buying on line and having it shipped to you.
You can also buy and hold on line, and you can play the metals angle by buying funds in the metals, or in the companies that are involved in the entire process from mining the ore to handling finished coins. I simply prefer to add to my horde as I can. I do take additional value from a beautifully struck coin. They are fascinating to hold and examine. My children are aware that upon my demise they will have a large amount of coins to divide up.
Edit: Fall is usually a good time for coin shows. there usually is a flyer up at All American listing events several months out. There are quite a few held throughout the year in Eastern Iowa.

Reactions: hooper56
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT