ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the conservatives

jonesy5960

HR Legend
Sep 6, 2012
So I know a good number of you are Trump fans and pretty much believe everything he tells you. When he said that the stock market was going to crash if Biden was elected, how many followers took money out of the market after the election, and if you are one, aren't you the least bit angry given all the money you've had sidelined because of this lie while the market has surged?

Presidents deserve a lot less credit and blame than most realize so when Trump continuously took credit for the market, and told everyone the market would crash should Biden get elected, wise people on both sides knew it was just another scare tactic which he's really good at using to his benefit.

He went on and on how good it's been for the average Joe's 401k and IRA. So now that the markets are at record highs under Biden he's telling his populist followers that all it's done is make the rich richer. In some cases he's right. The wealthiest among us tend to be more educated and have smart people around them who know the difference between politics and market fundamentals. His less wealthy followers on the other hand got screwed by him. They're still waiting for the crash that hasn't come. He doesn't care. He never has. He never will. Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Always will be.

Last edited:
So I know a good number of you are Trump fans and pretty much believe everything he tells you. When he said that the stock market was going to crash if Biden was elected, how many followers took money out of the market after the election, and if you are one, aren't you the least bit angry given all the money you've had sidelined because of this lie while the market has surged?

Presidents deserve a lot less credit and blame than most realize so when Trump continuously took credit for the market, and told everyone the market would crash should Biden get elected, wise people on both sides knew it was just another scare tactic which he's really good at using to his benefit.

He went on and on how good it's been for the average Joe's 401k and IRA. So now that the markets are at record highs under Biden he's telling his populist followers that all it's done is make the rich richer. In some cases he's right. The wealthiest among us tend to be more educated and have smart people around them who know the difference between politics and market fundamentals. His less wealthy followers on the other hand got screwed by him. They're still waiting for the crash that hasn't come. He doesn't care. He never has. He never will. Trump is for Trump. Always has been. Always will be.
It's like any politician, they say something is going to happen and it general doesn't. But on the rare occurrence it does, they break their arm patting themselves on the back over it.

Without addressing what Trump said, the markets were down for over 2 years under Biden until they recovered, If someone jumped out of the equity markets in January of 2021, and re-entered with that same cash 2 years later, they would still be ahead today. Trying to time market cycles is usually best left to professionals.

I agree that a POTUS can get too much blame and too much credit. Where we differ is that a POTUS can cause real harm much more than achieve real success. For the most part, the best thing a POTUS can do is STFU. The US equity markets run on expectations and sound fiscal policy. The latter is about having federal spending % not increasing faster than GDP %, limiting federal deficits, and not increasing the money supply faster than GDP.

Inflation has been traditionally happened with consumer prices. That changed somewhat at the end of the Bush era, and through the Obama and Trump eras, where excess money supply went into the equity markets. Those excesses became worse under Biden, and along with absurd energy policies, shifted inflation back to consumer prices. Money has to flow somewhere. It's no surprise that as consumer inflation slows, equity markets rise.

LOL.

Thought this was a serious attempt judging by the thread title, but then you open with this.
And? True believers pretty much hang on his every word. After 3 years of investigations and zero evidence to support it, 60-70% of Republicans still believe the election was stolen, because that's what he tells them every chance he gets.

yes we believed him because it happened, our 401k dropped bigtime. still don't think it has recovered. since joe brandon got in, bigtime hurt the entire economy and our 401k. we just moved our money around within the 401k /did not jump out. we want trump back. yes we do.

And? True believers pretty much hang on his every word. After 3 years of investigations and zero evidence to support it, 60-70% of Republicans still believe the election was stolen, because that's what he tells them every chance he gets.
Sounds like you listen to him more than anyone else

yes we believed him because it happened, our 401k dropped bigtime. still don't think it has recovered. since joe brandon got in, bigtime hurt the entire economy and our 401k. we just moved our money around within the 401k /did not jump out. we want trump back. yes we do.
It's recovered and set new all time highs. Give Biden credit for that?

It's recovered and set new all time highs. Give Biden credit for that?
no it hasn't. not my 401k. nobody's has. the stock market may be back up pretty high. but that's a different animal. it is manipulated and fake. so yes I give biden credit for manipulating fake numbers on the surface like he does votes and jobs. he gets credit for fake numbers yes.

OP, would you mind changing the title to, "Question for the Trump supporters" please. I clicked thinking I could possibly answer, but I'm not the conservative audience you were looking for. Are all liberals aligned with "the Squad" or Bernie Sanders?

Last edited:
Without addressing what Trump said, the markets were down for over 2 years under Biden until they recovered, If someone jumped out of the equity markets in January of 2021, and re-entered with that same cash 2 years later, they would still be ahead today. Trying to time market cycles is usually best left to professionals.

I agree that a POTUS can get too much blame and too much credit. Where we differ is that a POTUS can cause real harm much more than achieve real success. For the most part, the best thing a POTUS can do is STFU. The US equity markets run on expectations and sound fiscal policy. The latter is about having federal spending % not increasing faster than GDP %, limiting federal deficits, and not increasing the money supply faster than GDP.

Inflation has been traditionally happened with consumer prices. That changed somewhat at the end of the Bush era, and through the Obama and Trump eras, where excess money supply went into the equity markets. Those excesses became worse under Biden, and along with absurd energy policies, shifted inflation back to consumer prices. Money has to flow somewhere. It's no surprise that as consumer inflation slows, equity markets rise.
This post wasn't about fiscal policies. If someone jumped out on November 9th of 2020 because they feared Trump's predictions of a crash were true, they'd have missed out on 40+% gains in the S&P and Nasdaq. That's a fact.

With respect to the interim dip, the markets fell primarily due to the Fed's interest rate hikes due to increasing inflationary pressures with a root cause being covid related supply chain disruptions and government fiscal stimulus to avoid depression during the shutdowns. The U.S was far from alone in the world with this problem. With respect to overall fiscal policy, Trump and Biden are nearly indistinguishable, although the money supply has been shrinking over the past 1 year plus.

no it hasn't. not my 401k. nobody's has. the stock market may be back up pretty high. but that's a different animal. it is manipulated and fake. so yes I give biden credit for manipulating fake numbers on the surface like he does votes and jobs. he gets credit for fake numbers yes.
You need help with your money. Stop listening to people who are like minded and ideologically impaired.

You need help with your money. Stop listening to people who are like minded and ideologically impaired.
I went to a liberal democrat financial planner right before biden got in and he said we are in for trouble because of biden. he knew it too.

In their defense, trump was 100% right about Biden whiffing hard on gas prices, inflation, the border, world War and several other things. We also had one recession under biden already, let us not forget. Lot of Ws in the trump column for predictions tbh.....

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Mine is at an all-time high. Sounds like a mismanagement problem on your end and not a Biden problem.

Nope. I'm doing fine because I don't make financial decisions based on what politicians say. Unfortunately there are many that do. That's a huge problem.
you gotta take into account the stuff going on in the geopolitical world. america included. our 401k has an element of worldwide tech stuff. which can be tricky at times.

I don't know how many times it has to be said that you're doing it wrong. The markets are up 40% since that election. If your 401k is lower then get financial help.

You are really bad now.

Reactions: Tom Paris
I don't know how many times it has to be said that you're doing it wrong. The markets are up 40% since that election. If your 401k is lower then get financial help.
Cherry picking is nice. Were they up 40% since the election a year ago?

In their defense, trump was 100% right about Biden whiffing hard on gas prices, inflation, the border, world War and several other things. We also had one recession under biden already, let us not forget. Lot of Ws in the trump column for predictions tbh.....
WTF are you even talking about? Why am I asking this ridiculous question?

Mine is at an all-time high. Sounds like a mismanagement problem on your end and not a Biden problem.
worldwide funds. if china keeps threatening taiwan and such. layoffs in the tech world. other countries going south. wars. geopolitical stuff. bonds. shortages. transportation and logistics. wars. the world making fake calls for electric vehicles. oh yeah, forgot to mention automotive related investments. especially in europe, german cars. fake climate change. hope the electric cars go away. hope trump gets back in, rebuilds the gas and oil.

My 401K and all of my Charles Schwab accounts have fully recovered and then some. That guy needs a better financial advisor.

Reactions: jonesy5960
he is 100 percent right. trump had the gas and oil thing down to a science. biden came in and said fake climate change and we need electric and no more gas. trump said border would open under biden. inflation, correct. all this.

What do you mean? Biden is THE inflation president.. the worst of all time even. He has allowed 12 million illegals to enter our country, there is war, once again, in Ukraine, Israel and the middle east. Need I go on? I thought the first post was pretty self explanatory tbh..

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
doing what wrong? sitting there watching 100's of thousands go down the rain 3 years ago the minute biden took office?? yeah that was wrong back then for sure!!!

fake climate change
Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

I get there's an argument about what is causing the climate change, but please tell us you don't think climate change in and of itself is "fake". ...or did you miss the hottest summer on earth last year?

This is/should be true. That said, the money in your account has never bought you less than it does right now. Don't be fooled by a higher 401k that buys you half of what it did 4 years ago.
Not sure why @globalhawk would laugh at this. My grocery bill is over 30% higher today than it was pre-pandemic. That's not a laughing matter. Gas by me is up even more since joe biden took office. I'm doing just fine, this is annoying to me but not detrimental. I still buy luxury watches annually, but people with lower income can't afford such hits to the pocket book. Try not laughing at others misfortunes, global..

Wait What Instinct GIF by CBS

I get there's an argument about what is causing the climate change, but please tell us you don't think climate change in and of itself is "fake". ...or did you miss the hottest summer on earth last year?
It was 5 degrees with 8 inches of snow and ice in Missouri last week. So hot??

doing what wrong? sitting there watching 100's of thousands go down the rain 3 years ago the minute biden took office?? yeah that was wrong back then for sure!!!
You know the market started rapidly declining in Feb 2020, right? Sure, that was mostly due to the COVID impact, but you don't think it was soaring when Biden took office only to take a nose dive, do you?

Me thinks you're not real savvy when it comes to investing and are likely being taken advantage of. Again, my portfolio is at an all time high!

you gotta take into account the stuff going on in the geopolitical world. america included. our 401k has an element of worldwide tech stuff. which can be tricky at times.
And good portfolio manager (or management team/company) knows how to navigate that.

Not sure why @globalhawk would laugh at this. My grocery bill is over 30% higher today than it was pre-pandemic. That's not a laughing matter. Gas by me is up even more since joe biden took office. I'm doing just fine, this is annoying to me but not detrimental. I still buy luxury watches annually, but people with lower income can't afford such hits to the pocket book. Try not laughing at others misfortunes, global..
Imagine if you just retired and had to hear democrats tell you that you're lucky your 401k is up 6% YoY as your expenses on everything jump 35% in the last 3. Amazing.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
What do you mean? Biden is THE inflation president.. the worst of all time even. He has allowed 12 million illegals to enter our country, there is war, once again, in Ukraine, Israel and the middle east. Need I go on? I thought the first post was pretty self explanatory tbh..
Oh it was self explanatory alright. This clarified it even further.

You're being obtuse. It's not cherry picking. This whole post was about Trump's prediction to his followers of the market calamities that would ensue if Biden were elected. It didn't happen and 3 years later the markets are 40% higher.
you are looking at one thing, which is fakery by the way, and not taking into account all the rest of the items going on in the world. it's called tunnel vision.

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
this is exactly what elon musk does: take your eye off the ball with an electric vehicle distraction, meanwhile he takes over twitter and space travel and he even has some underground high speed rail thingy called the boring company.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT