ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the conservatives

this is exactly what elon musk does: take your eye off the ball with an electric vehicle distraction, meanwhile he takes over twitter and space travel and he even has some underground high speed rail thingy called the boring company.
Seriously, you have to just be trolling people, right?

How much does ham cost per pound by you today?
The price of ham rose from $3.78 per pound in Feb 2017 to $4.92 per pound in Feb 2021. That's a $1.14 per pound increase, which is 30.1% rise in 4 years (about 7.5% annually).

The price of ham rose from $4.92 per pound in Feb 2021 to $5.53 per pound in Jan 2023. That's a $0.61 per pound increase, which is 12.4% rise in 2 years (about 6.2% annually).

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/APU0000704312

What exactly was the point you were trying to make?

Last edited:
Reactions: Scruddy
The price of ham rose from $3.78 per pound in Feb 2017 to $4.92 per pound in Feb 2021. That's a $1.14 per pound increase, which is 30.1% rise in 4 years (about 7.5% annually).

The price of ham rose from $4.92 per pound in Feb 2021 to $5.53 per pound in Jan 2023. That's a $0.61 per pound increase, which is 12.4% rise in 2 years (about 6.2% annually).

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/APU0000704312

What exactly was the point you were trying to make?
That he spends too much on ham?

yes we believed him because it happened, our 401k dropped bigtime. still don't think it has recovered. since joe brandon got in, bigtime hurt the entire economy and our 401k. we just moved our money around within the 401k /did not jump out. we want trump back. yes we do.

Oh FFS, you can think it hasn't recovered, but you'd be wrong on so many levels. Since Biden took office a little over 3 years ago the following market returns have been seen through today:

S&P 500 +34.7%
DJIA +26.4%
NASDAQ +23.4%
NYSE Composite +21.1%

Looks like your portfolio moves weren't well thought out, but yeah, blame Biden for it, it's yours and every other Trumpster's MO, blame everyone but yourself.

I just adore adults that don't take responsibility for themselves, instead they prefer to wallow in their misery because it surely isn't their fault!

Oh FFS, you can think it hasn't recovered, but you'd be wrong on so many levels. Since Biden took office a little over 3 years ago the following market returns have been seen through today:

S&P 500 +34.7%
DJIA +26.4%
NASDAQ +23.4%
NYSE Composite +21.1%

Looks like your portfolio moves weren't well thought out, but yeah, blame Biden for it, it's yours and every other Trumpster's MO, blame everyone but yourself.

I just adore adults that don't take responsibility for themselves, instead they prefer to wallow in their misery because it surely isn't their fault!

You're falling for his trap. He also claims Sandy Hook didn't happen on here for reactions.

no it hasn't. not my 401k. nobody's has. the stock market may be back up pretty high. but that's a different animal. it is manipulated and fake. so yes I give biden credit for manipulating fake numbers on the surface like he does votes and jobs. he gets credit for fake numbers yes.
Everything I don't like is fake!!

Reactions: NoWokeBloke
yes we believed him because it happened, our 401k dropped bigtime. still don't think it has recovered. since joe brandon got in, bigtime hurt the entire economy and our 401k. we just moved our money around within the 401k /did not jump out. we want trump back. yes we do.
You may want to fire your investment people, because if they are worth anything these record markets should be keeping their customers portfolios going in the right direction.

no it hasn't. not my 401k. nobody's has. the stock market may be back up pretty high. but that's a different animal. it is manipulated and fake. so yes I give biden credit for manipulating fake numbers on the surface like he does votes and jobs. he gets credit for fake numbers yes.

God damnit this board is so much better with you back.

Mine is fine. What are you doing wrong with yours?

Given he's on track to make between 4 and 5 billion dollars in the coming weeks...
Whole lot of ifs in that statement. A controlling shareholder can still block the merger. As well as having other issues with the SEC from prior years misstatements of the parent company. It could be a huge windfall for him which his creditors would love. Or it could go poof after all the dust settles. And the market it gets a clearer picture of the company’s value. Trump can’t just have the merger go down and automatically cash out after all.

Whole lot of ifs in that statement. A controlling shareholder can still block the merger. As well as having other issues with the SEC from prior years misstatements of the parent company. It could be a huge windfall for him which his creditors would love. Or it could go poof after all the dust settles. And the market it gets a clearer picture of the company’s value. Trump can’t just have the merger go down and automatically cash out after all.
Or maybe a single shareholder with 9 total shares can sue them in the state of Delaware and the leftist courts can undo the democratically chosen action of the shareholders entirely. Leftists do like spitting in the face of democracy, apparently.

Or maybe a single shareholder with 9 total shares can sue them in the state of Delaware and the leftist courts can undo the democratically chosen action of the shareholders entirely. Leftists do like spitting in the face of democracy, apparently.
The guy that may hold it up is the former CEO. It was quite the shake up to oust him a couple years ago. Digital World also according to Reuters has some liquidity issues. So probably issuing some more stock. As I said before they don’t come across as a company that is a sure thing or stable. They could be the next big disruptor or well a paper tiger.

This is where we get the “They’ll SAY they don’t support him, but they’ll vote for him!” tripe.

I know you weren’t replying to me, but I will sit at home like I did in 2020.
I understand why, but that's essentially a half vote for Trump. If not more.

I am a conservative, and consider myself almost a never-Trumper. I refuse to vote for Biden or Trump because I feel neither possesses the basic qualifications for the job. I would never take investing advice from any politician. I have invested consistently over time thru the dot-com bubble the housing crisis and COVID. When the market is up it always comes down and when it’s down it always goes up but over time the trend is up. This really isn’t that difficult.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT