ADVERTISEMENT

Press Release: Kemerer having season-ending surgery

Iowa MBA offers a ton of aide.

When I was applying they offered me grants and scholarships for 100% coverage including room and board. I went elsewhere since I wasn’t keen on moving to Iowa for two years (my family is in NY/NJ. Couldn’t leave), but they don’t make an MBA a financial burden.

On a lot of levels this could be a blessing in disguise for MK. Not that I wish anyone to get hurt, but if he looks, plenty of new doors are wide open for him to sprint through.

What was your undergrad GPA and GMAT/GRE?

To me they're different. Rasheed wasn't the starter that year, and never was going to be. To me, this is gaming the system to get an extra year for Rasheed. Cassar is different. Kem is different.

In football etc. they don't base it on if a guy is the starter or not. I think you have to be the same whether it is a starter or not. The two things to watch are 1) Is the guy really hurt, too hurt to be able to compete, so hurt it would be risking further injury to compete? Has this been properly and officially documented, not just by the team's "special" Dr.? You can't have teams deciding a guy (a backup) is "hurt" after a couple meets and then hold him out to extend his clock to when they need him. 2) To me someone not even enrolled in school is pushing it. I can see it if they had such a severe issue they are going to have a long hospitalization situation where they literally can't go to school but outside of that they should be enrolled.

In football etc. they don't base it on if a guy is the starter or not. I think you have to be the same whether it is a starter or not. The two things to watch are 1) Is the guy really hurt, too hurt to be able to compete, so hurt it would be risking further injury to compete? Has this been properly and officially documented, not just by the team's "special" Dr.? You can't have teams deciding a guy (a backup) is "hurt" after a couple meets and then hold him out to extend his clock to when they need him. 2) To me someone not even enrolled in school is pushing it. I can see it if they had such a severe issue they are going to have a long hospitalization situation where they literally can't go to school but outside of that they should be enrolled.
Cassar lost 2 years so not sure sitting out a year is gonna play a factor unless somehow academics come into play because of that. Rasheed seems to fit your first scenario pretty spot on.

I haven't heard that at all as a matter of fact more schools are having kids sign 1 year deals
Yes, it seems like there are 1 year and multi year scholarships. Would not doubt more coaches are using 1 year if they can't lower it in a multi year one now. My guess is if you are a top 10 P4P guy you can demand a multiyear scholarship.

Yes, it seems like there are 1 year and multi year scholarships. Would not doubt more coaches are using 1 year if they can't lower it in a multi year one now. My guess is if you are a top 10 P4P guy you can demand a multiyear scholarship.
I know of a few situations where year 1 had a
$ amount and the following years were a 0.And the coach said if you do what your supposed to do then that $ amount will be given to you the next year.

Reactions: DonHawkeye
I know of a few situations where year 1 had a
$ amount and the following years were a 0.And the coach said if you do what your supposed to do then that $ amount will be given to you the next year.

Since 2015, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-12, and SEC all have guaranteed scholarships for 4 years. They cannot give 1 year awards. Scholarships can be increased for one year periods. The scholarships cannot be reduced nor cancelled as long as the student is in good standing with the University. If the student gets in trouble or have bad grades then it can change.

Since 2015, ACC, Big Ten, Big 12, PAC-12, and SEC all have guaranteed scholarships for 4 years. They cannot give 1 year awards. Scholarships can be increased for one year periods. The scholarships cannot be reduced nor cancelled as long as the student is in good standing with the University. If the student gets in trouble or have bad grades then it can change.

What if they graduate?

Didnt Miklus get a 6th and a right to transfer?
Miklus will be 26 years old in July 2019. He is actually in his 7th year post high school because he did a year at the Olympic Training Center after high school. He then redshirted his 1st year at Mizzou and then wrestled 2 years, got hurt a junior, although I don't think he could make 184 anymore and there was no spot at 197 with Cox there, then got a medical redshirt because he was supposedly injured his real redshirt year also. He then wrestled another year, and then Transferred to Iowa State. Or something like that. Will probably end up as 4 time All-American.

What about the MAC ?

What if they graduate?
It's a 4 year scholarship. There used to be a medical fund that covered the scholarship for medical redshirts. They did not count against the team. I was told Kemdawg is on pace to graduate with 2 majors as a Jr. He is likely getting substantial academic aid.

Reactions: Gobblin
What was your undergrad GPA and GMAT/GRE?

Undergrad GPA was 2.25, but I did graduate a semester early... and was only part time my last two semesters. I was a bigger jerk off in my youth than I am now. But every job I had was commission based and I grew up pretty quickly when it hit me that I need to eat.

My gmat was 770. I do well on tests.

I ended up at Columbia for grad school 4 years after undergrad. I ended up being pretty good at working and stuff.

From what I hear Kem is a deans list student and sharp. He’ll have no trouble getting into a good school, and he really can't go wrong with Iowa's MBA program.

It's a 4 year scholarship. There used to be a medical fund that covered the scholarship for medical redshirts. They did not count against the team. I was told Kemdawg is on pace to graduate with 2 majors as a Jr. He is likely getting substantial academic aid.

I really hope he figures out how to stay 4 years. College can be fun.

Reactions: YoungGun07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT