ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Dual

AFHawk86

HR Heisman
Dec 8, 2009
Washington DC
So I convinced the wife to travel north to visit her sister in Joisey next weekend. Unfortunately she’s leaving me hanging for the Iowa dual vs #12 Princeton. I will be solo but hope to see some fellow Hawk fans in attendance.

Also, great to see strong team performances against the #8 and #6 teams thus far, with #12 and Midlands coming up before end of year. That’s the toughest early season schedule I can recall in recent past.

It’s gonna be a good season...Go Hawks!!

I will be there. I expected to be sitting with a buddy who has a couple sons at Princeton, along with their high school coaches. But one son quit and the other son didn't make the lineup, so he's going to the Caribbean instead! So looks like I'm alone.

Hopefully a few of us can meet up.

I will be there. I expected to be sitting with a buddy who has a couple sons at Princeton, along with their high school coaches. But one son quit and the other son didn't make the lineup, so he's going to the Caribbean instead! So looks like I'm alone.

Hopefully a few of us can meet up.
I met Patrick Bruckis dad at Midlands what a great guy Warner will have his hands full at 97.

I was only pointing out how ridiculous it is to get 100% coverage for hawkeye sports. I’m surprised you guys don’t agree.

Iowa has no broadcast authority over a match contested in an Ivy League arena.

And considering I grew up watching maybe 4 Iowa duals each year, largely on tape delay, paying maybe $100 across about 3 platforms to watch every Iowa wrestling dual live from the comfort of my living room...well...no I don’t really find it that ridiculous.

To be honest, I think it is pretty freaking awesome.

And considering I grew up watching maybe 4 Iowa duals each year, largely on tape delay, paying maybe $100 across about 3 platforms to watch every Iowa wrestling dual live from the comfort of my living room...well...no I don’t really find it that ridiculous.

Some folks just don't realize how liberal they are when it comes to their own comfort and well being.

Good perspective. Thanks for straightening me out!

The Princeton dual will also be on channel 832 (NBC Sports Chicago) for those that have Mediacom. Also on DirecTV for those that have it as well. Shout out to Undercover Hawk for letting me know.

Nice catch! It absolutely is listed. Not totally surprised as NBC Sports Networks has been doing an Ivy League Meet of the Week, usually picked up by NBC Sports Chicago +, often Penn and Princeton. Looks like Iowa match-up made the big station take notice.

Princeton will be fired up for this so we better be ready to roll. Not sure who we see at 125 but Glory is obviously tough. Keller is scrappy at 141. Lugo has a tough ranked guy, these are matches that need to be won if you want high AA, important for seeding too. Young has a tough ranked guy. Parker at 174 is scrappy. Stefanik is talented at 184, Brucki obviously the #2 guy at 197. 133 and 285 look like their only weaker weights.

Reactions: artradley
Princeton will be fired up for this so we better be ready to roll. Not sure who we see at 125 but Glory is obviously tough. Keller is scrappy at 141. Lugo has a tough ranked guy, these are matches that need to be won if you want high AA, important for seeding too. Young has a tough ranked guy. Parker at 174 is scrappy. Stefanik is talented at 184, Brucki obviously the #2 guy at 197. 133 and 285 look like their only weaker weights.

I got Iowa winning every weight but 125. I strongly believe Cashman will wrestle. I think Warner is going to get up for the Brucki match and take him out.

You're right, several good matches. I think Princeton will get three, and four isn't out of the question.

125 - Glory will probably MD Cashman

133 - S/B easy win for DeSanto

141 - Max has beaten him before and should handle him

149 - Not an easy match, but one Lugo ought to win

157 - Tough match. I'm not sure Kaleb is truly the favorite here, though he won last year (?)

165 - Bull should not struggle with this one

174 - Parker's not bad but Kemdawg is in beast mode

184 - Whoever goes out is the favorite, but another match that is not easy

197 - I'd have to give the edge to Brucki here, especially with how Jake has looked so far

HWT - Cass looking to add a notch

26-10 Iowa

Reactions: Grip220
The Princeton dual will also be on channel 832 (NBC Sports Chicago) for those that have Mediacom. Also on DirecTV for those that have it as well. Shout out to Undercover Hawk for letting me know.

NBC Sports Chicago is channel 159 on DISH, but I don’t see it listed.

Heard too many horror stories about Flo to go there. Especially with ESPN+ having more of what I watch for less.
I think flo has ironed out a lot of their streaming issues. I've never had a problem with watching event, except having one of the mats down for a bit. I think it was an earlier round of the US open last season.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
I think flo has ironed out a lot of their streaming issues. I've never had a problem with watching event, except having one of the mats down for a bit. I think it was an earlier round of the US open last season.

Good to hear. I'm a rugby and a soccer fan as well and I know that they had issues in those broadcasts a year ago.

I dont see Iowa-Princeton on the schedule.

JFC. So pissed. Brands is having SL duck Glory a guy he has crushed. I mean it’s not like SL isn’t trying to represent our country in the Olympics and has a freestyle meet in Texas in 2 weeks. Damn ducking again. Hate it. Tom Brands ducking again. I love people who have never wrestled opining on what it takes. Crabby and Buff I’m sure there will be 100 posts on CF from non-wrestlers and uneducated trolls on this. So upsetting a guy who wants to achieve the pinnacle and represent the USA is ducking in December. So sad.

JFC. So pissed. Brands is having SL duck Glory a guy he has crushed. I mean it’s not like SL isn’t trying to represent our country in the Olympics and has a freestyle meet in Texas in 2 weeks. Damn ducking again. Hate it. Tom Brands ducking again. I love people who have never wrestled opining on what it takes. Crabby and Buff I’m sure there will be 100 posts on CF from non-wrestlers and uneducated trolls on this. So upsetting a guy who wants to achieve the pinnacle and represent the USA is ducking in December. So sad.
You good? Might be a good idea for you to stay off of CF. Never seems to go very well for you. Everyone understands why Spencer isn't going to wrestle, they just love to get you all worked up and it seems to be working.

All good Rassling. Be in Texas for the tourney. So life is good. Thanks for asking and showing care, concern and compassion. And to be clear it is more I think Buff and Crabby know wrestling. When people post idiotic things here they get called out. That is all. Have a great day pal.

Reactions: rassling
I have had Flo for past 1 year plus and have had zero issues. I only wish I had it earlier. I watch matches on my phone ,computer, and tablet with not one problem.

I've had Flo for at least 5 years. ZERO problems. I don't even know how much it is a year, but it's by far the single greatest source for wrestling in the world. Worth every penny.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT