ADVERTISEMENT

Princeton Dual

In the Iowa City area, its on Mediacom channel 832 (NBC Sport Chicago)....I just checked, its showing up for Sunday at 1PM in the channel "guide".

Flo isn’t covering. ESPN+ and apparently NBC Sports Chicago.

In order to cut the cable one must have good internet. Not everyone has that.

spooner can I ask where you live that good internet isn’t a given? Are you far from neighbors on a big plot of land?

I have YouTube TV, it comes with NBC sports Chicago. Hopefully the dual is on there then. It’s too far out to look at the directory yet.

Reactions: Novakht
Cut cable 2 years ago and dont miss it at all....Buy a firestick and look into apks....if you dont know ask your kids to show you what youtube is:)
If you dont have kids theres this thing called google...if you ask it questions you'll get answers:)

lol I meant are you in a rural part? Or do even cookie cutter suburban neighborhoods have internet problems?

I live in a rural town. There have been several issues over the past few years. Things have improved considerably Over the last year so I’m hopeful that YouTube TV or the like will be a realistic option for me going forward. My confidence isn’t quite there yet.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
In order to cut the cable one must have good internet. Not everyone has that.[/QUOTE]

Business internet is the only way we can live with a family of six. I don’t have problems with six people streaming or gaming.

Iowa has no broadcast authority over a match contested in an Ivy League arena.

And considering I grew up watching maybe 4 Iowa duals each year, largely on tape delay, paying maybe $100 across about 3 platforms to watch every Iowa wrestling dual live from the comfort of my living room...well...no I don’t really find it that ridiculous.

To be honest, I think it is pretty freaking awesome.
100% agree. I've lived all over the country and I rarely miss a dual. I see more meets than I did while growing up in Iowa.

Aside from the occasional time the old man had time and would open his wallet so we could go to Carver. I maybe saw a couple duals a year on IPTV.

Reactions: Grip220
If Cashman pulls off the upset and Warner wrestles to his ability, this could be a shutout. KY also better be on his game for Monday and not let him hang around.

Take the day off to watch your hero Jerry Nadler?

FO with the political references, brah... FO....:cool:

No sh..Dude doesn’t know how to turn off douche mode on the wrestling board. He’s got some sort of anti-social personality disorder.

Back to wrestling, I’m going on the limb and saying we surprise Brucki in a low scoring match. Probably in OT. There you have it. Feel free to move away later when I’m wrong. :p

Reactions: el dub
Princeton will be fired up for this so we better be ready to roll. Not sure who we see at 125 but Glory is obviously tough. Keller is scrappy at 141. Lugo has a tough ranked guy, these are matches that need to be won if you want high AA, important for seeding too. Young has a tough ranked guy. Parker at 174 is scrappy. Stefanik is talented at 184, Brucki obviously the #2 guy at 197. 133 and 285 look like their only weaker weights.
You know there will be a few guys on here who will be bitching if we don't win every match, at least by more than 8 points and not give up any takedowns:rolleyes:

spooner can I ask where you live that good internet isn’t a given? Are you far from neighbors on a big plot of land?
We have a family farm in the most remote place in Iowa (according to the DSM Register article) and DirectTV or Dish is the only way to go. And at the suggestion of DirectTV, I rent an extra receiver and take it to the farm and installed a dish there to have satellite TV which is the best upgrade since live power on the Farmall.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Some of us still don't have live power on the Farmall. :)

We just got the internets at home. Cellular worked ok, Satellite was an option, but data-limited. We just signed on to a beaming internet plan. It's wireless transmission from a dish on our roof to a tower a mile away.

I'm in modestly populated Western Michigan, though.

Damn. Princeton has some serious talent. Brucki, Glory, Monday; not to mention Kolodzik, who is grey-shirting. Coach Ayres is doing a great job. He did not have a lot of tradition to work with. Johnny Orr was a 2x finalist in the mid-80s, Greg Parker was an All-American in the early 2000s. But that was pretty much it. Princeton might have enough talent to beat Cornell this year. Like others, can't wait to see how Warner matches up with Brucki. And I think Spencer beats Glory, but I wouldn't bet on Spencer getting many back points.

Reactions: wasdt21
We have a family farm in the most remote place in Iowa (according to the DSM Register article) and DirectTV or Dish is the only way to go. And at the suggestion of DirectTV, I rent an extra receiver and take it to the farm and installed a dish there to have satellite TV which is the best upgrade since live power on the Farmall.
Dorchester?

If Cashman pulls off the upset and Warner wrestles to his ability, this could be a shutout.
Damn. Princeton has some serious talent. Brucki, Glory, Monday; not to mention Kolodzik, who is grey-shirting. Coach Ayres is doing a great job. He did not have a lot of tradition to work with. Johnny Orr was a 2x finalist in the mid-80s, Greg Parker was an All-American in the early 2000s. But that was pretty much it. Princeton might have enough talent to beat Cornell this year. Like others, can't wait to see how Warner matches up with Brucki. And I think Spencer beats Glory, but I wouldn't bet on Spencer getting many back points.

Spencer won’t be there. He’s preparing for Nationals.

since we found out we will be unable to go to Iowa for the Hawks vs PSU match due to my daughter's military deployment change we have decided to go to this weekends Match instead. Its a only 4 hour drive and when we contacted Princeton last week they were doing a general admission only seating ticket for the match and they even had a 1/2 price black Friday special !! so we bought the tickets...booked the room and we will be there nice and early to get some good seats. I would love to sit with some fellow Hawkeye fans and actually meet some of you guys !. Hope to see some of you there !! I know its not the caliber of the PSU match up...but with 1 daughter in the Army and 1 in the Navy we fit our schedule around theirs !! Have a great day folks !!

Anybody know if KXIC 800 is going to be doing the Princeton broadcast?

Last edited:
Grace will be there but no Ironside, I believe that's what they said?

Half of Heaven is good enough.
Thank you.
images

Reactions: evashevsky58
Cut cable 2 years ago and dont miss it at all....Buy a firestick and look into apks....if you dont know ask your kids to show you what youtube is:)
If you dont have kids theres this thing called google...if you ask it questions you'll get answers:)

Now days you can even ask some chick called Alexa...she’s even got jokes!!! : )

I have YouTube TV, it comes with NBC sports Chicago. Hopefully the dual is on there then. It’s too far out to look at the directory yet.
I have all college wrestling set to record to the cloud with yttv. Just checked and the Princeton dual is in the list to record.

Yttv rocks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT