ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor will be a bust

Ha5.gif

Unfair…

Didn't read any of this thread. I don't get why an Iowa board would have a 118 (so far) post thread about a kid that never played at Iowa? Yes, he is from Iowa, but come on!

Didn't read any of this thread. I don't get why an Iowa board would have a 118 (so far) post thread about a kid that never played at Iowa? Yes, he is from Iowa, but come on!
I’m pretty indifferent now that he’s gone but do take exception to the timing of his change in commitment, which pretty much screwed over the Hawks.

I don’t think it should come as a surprise that possibly the most coveted OL recruit ever to come out of Iowa, who was committed to Iowa for more than a year before bolting for Bama and the cash at the last minute, would be the subject of some interest from Iowa fans. Not to mention that he was a teammate and good friend of a current Hawk.

Frankly, I’d find it highly unusual if there weren’t discussion of his progress or lack thereof at Bama on this board. I don’t agree with those hoping he fails miserably but I certainly understand the resentment. He and his handlers couldn’t have handled his recruitment and last-minute departure much worse.

Indiana Jones GIF

Because Proctor chose his fate and the people of this board have the right to speak about the consequences of his poor choice. He could have developed into a superstar OL NFL prospect…or…well…maybe not but he didn’t choose Iowa.

Iowa fans to Proctor, “See, he’s a bust. Even though he started as a true freshman at left tackle, on an Alabama team that made the playoffs.”
Also Iowa fans, “Our offensive line is just young, it will get better. (Even with guys that have been in the program three or four years.)”

I stand by my initial post. I still don't think he's very good, but he's better than what we have now.
He got better as the year went.
College and especially major college is a huge step up.
The possibility of him at LT and moving GD to guard makes a below average oline to top quartile easily.

This thread should have been deleted a long time ago. It especially needs to be gone now. So many douchebags around here.
You guys had an epic meltdown about this kid and hate being held accountable. Try and delete as many of these threads as possible, but you guys absolutely sh!t all over him and his mom. Weird that you'd want him back so fast.
Jonah Hill Superbad GIF

You guys had an epic meltdown about this kid and hate being held accountable. Try and delete as many of these threads as possible, but you guys absolutely sh!t all over him and his mom. Weird that you'd want him back so fast.
Jonah Hill Superbad GIF

Who's you guys? I stuck up for him the entire time.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Not sure how anything I've posted makes me a troll
You're not. You had an opinion and stated it. All good. It wasn't that bad anyway, someone bumped it to be a 20/20 hindsight warrior. Anyone who was on here the day of Proctor flipping was pretty pissed about it and many were vocal about it. It's a message board...

Last edited:
If you want Proctor to come back here, which it sounds like you do, why would you bump this thread to be more easily viewable? If people hadn't read it before, like me, they have now. I don't get it.
I’ve read some stupid threads on here, and sadly this one doesn’t come close to being the worst despite it being incredibly stupid in and of itself.

Reactions: AEG82
I’ve read some stupid threads on here, and sadly this one doesn’t come close to being the worst despite it being incredibly stupid in and of itself.
True, you're not wrong, but still, bringing up any of these makes no sense. Pretty sure Proctor and his family remember the reaction Iowa fans had to him flipping. It just seems odd to bump it is all. Anyway, not going to bump it any more than I already am now.

Alabama's offensive line was pretty bad this year. I'm not sure how with all the recruits they get. Proctor looks like he'll be an ok starter, but he just doesn't have the athleticism to hang with the top pass rushers in the country like a top 5 recruit should.
If Alabama’s line was “pretty bad” I shudder to hear how you would label Iowa’s offensive line. Yikes.

Jonah Hill Superbad GIF
Sad your team won a natty and you’re trolling away. Some people are just destined to be sad.

Dude, PFF rated him as top OLineman in the SEC championship game. Once he got used to the speed of the game, he excelled.
That's fine, but PFF grades are worthless. I hope he proves me wrong now that he's coming here but I just don't see him reaching that Linderbaum, Wirfs, Scherff, etc tier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT