ADVERTISEMENT

Proctor will be a bust

Too old & feeble to wade through all this thread, but Proctor will be instant help.
Way better than any returning OLineman we have.
Just facts.
Starting for Alabama looks good on his resume.

backing up homer simpson GIF

You guys had an epic meltdown about this kid and hate being held accountable. Try and delete as many of these threads as possible, but you guys absolutely sh!t all over him and his mom. Weird that you'd want him back so fast.
Jonah Hill Superbad GIF
I don’t want him back and neither should any true Iowa fan. He’s a front-runner, a poser. Runs to ‘Bama at the last second, plays a year, leaves when the big name coach retires. Now he wants back to Iowa?

I pegged him as a soft mama’s boy at the outset and I stand by that. He’ll bolt again at the first sign of trouble.

I don’t want him back and neither should any true Iowa fan. He’s a front-runner, a poser. Runs to ‘Bama at the last second, plays a year, leaves when the big name coach retires. Now he wants back to Iowa?

I pegged him as a soft mama’s boy at the outset and I stand by that. He’ll bolt again at the first sign of trouble.
Derp GIF by 43 Clicks North

Maybe.

Until we get transparency in these things we won't know.

It's an update version of McDonalds bags of cash,.but in the end the same: Below Board and shifty as shit
Transparency? The only thing this did was open it up to programs outside of UCLA basketball and SEC football. It is already coming back on teams like UF and Texas A&M.

Reactions: JRHawk2003

Now do Brian Ferentz.

I’ll admit I was salty as many Hawkeyes fans at the decommit and apparent money grab but time to move on embrace KP’s return and inevitability as the next great LT at Iowa.

I am sure he is getting paid, but I'd be surprised if OSU didn't have a larger bag waiting for him.
Actually, the powerhouse schools don't have to offer the higher amounts of money like some of the upstarts. They just point at their record and how they put people in the NFL

Listen, if he proves me wrong and becomes an All-American and top ten draft pick then you guys can use this thread to gloat all you want. I just don't think that's going to happen.
Yeah, a freshman being 3 rd Team all SEC OT is clearly going to be a bust at Iowa. Barring injury, he will be special

Reactions: SelfHigh5
Iowa breeds first round lineman. That's an area under Ferentz that never has a concern.
Prior to Proctor coming in, there was about to be a long draught of Iowa offensive lineman going early in the draft. Linderbaum in 2022 and the next one will probably be Proctor in 2026 or 2027.

I sure miss watching Wirfs and Linderbaum maul people. Need more of that action
Michigan showed you can win running the ball, they had a very physical team. McCarthy is an NFL prospect, but their talent level was below Ohio State, and Alabama. What did Harbaugh do after 2020?

Besides the cheating thing😂. He retooled his coaching staff. Embraced a run first offense, and developed grinders on the line. Iowa can look to that model, but Kirk needs to accept his offensive philosophy is broken. He needs to get a transfer QB that can at the very least be an NFL prospect.

Lineman, tight ends, and running backs. Iowa isn't going to win the Ohio State way. Kirk needs to do it the Michigan/Washington way. Can he do that? I doubt he'll ever fully embrace NIL, or the portal.

Prior to Proctor coming in, there was about to be a long draught of Iowa offensive lineman going early in the draft. Linderbaum in 2022 and the next one will probably be Proctor in 2026 or 2027.

Proctor came home for a reason. I believe Ohio State was going after him hard. But he chose Iowa. Maybe it's a sign of some change, not just a kid being homesick.

Please let this board in on what makes you say this.
The kid comes across as an attention-seeking flake. Strong commit to Iowa, then bolts to Alabama on signing day. The well-known ‘Bama coach decides to retire, so he decides to come back to Iowa City.

Mark my word there’ll be something in the next 11 months that’ll get him looking elsewhere.

If he’s as good as some people think, if he can protect the QB and open big holes for running backs, I’d love to be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkhawk
Are you an Iowa State fan or Nebraska fan? Sounds like someone who hates the Hawkeyes???
NO response needed!!!

Are you an Iowa State fan or Nebraska fan? Sounds like someone who hates the Hawkeyes???
NO response needed!!!
Hawkeye fan since I attended the U, likely before you were born.

I had 25+ years in business hiring and evaluating people and observing their behavior. I’m not convinced Proctor is at Iowa for the long haul. He strikes me as one-and-done. Maybe Kirk is OK with that. How many 5-stars has this staff been able to recruit and retain?

Again, if he’s good, I hope I’m wrong.

Hawkeye fan since I attended the U, likely before you were born.

I had 25+ years in business hiring and evaluating people and observing their behavior. I’m not convinced Proctor is at Iowa for the long haul. He strikes me as one-and-done. Maybe Kirk is OK with that. How many 5-stars has this staff been able to recruit and retain?

Again, if he’s good, I hope I’m wrong.
If you are keeping score, you nailed this one (I'll certainly give it to you).

So tell us, what factored into your analysis and conclusion?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT