ADVERTISEMENT

Props to Spencer Lee

Feb 10, 2002
lol Typical purdue fan night - choke on the hardwood, big wrestling upset on par with Gable losing to Larry Owings 53 years ago.

As happy as I am for Matt Ramos not backing down and bringing it, I feel equally bad for Spencer Lee. A great representative for our sport, 100% class and mauler in one. He wrestles hard, clean, doesn’t cheat, isn’t dirty, is a generational game changer, and did it all on two bad knees. Great guy who appreciates the moment. I’ll take 9.9 Spencer Lees but there isn’t many like him out there.

That being said, from my observation at Big Tens was I sensed something was off on his feet. Looked timid and stiff, not fully attacking on his feet, like there’s something physically wrong. I hope not.

Now I pray this becomes his Dan Gable vs. Owings moment and fuels him to higher levels on the international & Team USA scene, and higher.

lol Typical purdue fan night - choke on the hardwood, big wrestling upset on par with Gable losing to Larry Owings 53 years ago.

As happy as I am for Matt Ramos not backing down and bringing it, I feel equally bad for Spencer Lee. A great representative for our sport, 100% class and mauler in one. He wrestles hard, clean, doesn’t cheat, isn’t dirty, is a generational game changer, and did it all on two bad knees. Great guy who appreciates the moment. I’ll take 9.9 Spencer Lees but there isn’t many like him out there.

That being said, from my observation at Big Tens was I sensed something was off on his feet. Looked timid and stiff, not fully attacking on his feet, like there’s something physically wrong. I hope not.

Now I pray this becomes his Dan Gable vs. Owings moment and fuels him to higher levels on the international & Team USA scene, and higher.

He’s been wrestling hurt most of the year. Those double ACL’s also have taken their toll. If he’s riding, it’s game over. All Spencer had to do is dance around the mat and he wins 7-4 but he didn’t. He felt he needed to dominate and it stung him.

Just wait, the side with the full sleeve is injured.

I’d bet money on it.

He just did not look like Spencer Lee.

Seems no matter what the sport, the Hawks know how to break your heart.

This is probably the worst at least for me.
Your right - his feet looked heavy like blocks; he’s always been kind of choppy in his motion on his feet but Ramos saw something where he didn’t think Spencer was going to shoot.

Going to be difficult decisions in the next few months on how to rehab and build flexibility. International guys are ruthless and are going to attack that knee.

Appreciate his moxie about not dancing to avoid Ramos. The man is a winner.

Now might be the time to take a coaching job while the iron is hot. Those knees apparently won't hold up for an entire tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT