ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever seen a person die right in front of you?

Usually [they] don't believe in god. Didn't you say you were a Marine, or was that someone else?
Nope that's me. Yes I killed my fair share. I did what I had too. Sadly I enjoyed it. I was just like you and said the same things. That was until my son died in Afghanistan.

That guy was doing the exact same thing you and I did. Now my son is nothing more than a tombstone. Now I realize that there are people out there that feel the way I do because of what I did.

Nope that's me. Yes I killed my fair share. I did what I had too. Sadly I enjoyed it. I was just like you and said the same things. That was until my son died in Afghanistan.

That guy was doing the exact same thing you and I did. Now my son is nothing more than a tombstone. Now I realize that there are people out there that feel the way I do because of what I did.

Sorry for your loss.

Maybe 100? I don’t know. So many. Really doesn’t count for me. But I wanted to share one.

We had a little old lady who was in the ambulance many many times. Before her, her late husband had called a number of times as well. When we took her husband in she would always say something along the lines of, sweetie you'll be fine I’ll see you at the hospital. Stuff like that. Anyway, he died about three years before she did

She was a DNR/DNI so it was a comfort care situation. We were called for her as she had fallen. We were taking her to the truck when she looked up at the ceiling of the ambulance and said, "sweetie!!!" And died. Right there. Right then. Just touched me hard.

Maybe 100? I don’t know. So many. Really doesn’t count for me. But I wanted to share one.

We had a little old lady who was in the ambulance many many times. Before her, her late husband had called a number of times as well. When we took her husband in she would always say something along the lines of, sweetie you'll be fine I’ll see you at the hospital. Stuff like that. Anyway, he died about three years before she did

She was a DNR/DNI so it was a comfort care situation. We were called for her as she had fallen. We were taking her to the truck when she looked up at the ceiling of the ambulance and said, "sweetie!!!" And died. Right there. Right then. Just touched me hard.

Maybe he was waiting to bring her into eternal bliss. :)

Once yes, but it was peaceful and surrounded by family. Had a few other times where I was with family in their last days and hours. Most were not unexpected, but a couple were unfortunately relatively sudden.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Driving down a residential street about ten years ago I saw an SUV pulled over with a clearly agitated woman inside. I pulled over and approached to see what was going on, and there was a guy passed out in the passenger seat. She was frantic, and said they were driving back from mountain bike riding and he suddenly passed out.

He was a big guy, and there was no way we were going to get him out of the car, so I laid the seat back flat and started doing CPR while we waited for an ambulance, which got there very quickly. They went to work but you could sort of tell from the way the EMS guys were looking at each other that he was gone.

So I might have been there when he died, or he might have died a couple minutes before. And quite likely I suck at CPR.

I'm sorry for your loss, but your son was on the side of good and [he] was on the side of evil. I have many friends I served with who have lost sons, daughters and relatives who gave all in Iraq and the Stan. They are forever heroes to those who matter in this country, as well as those they defended in those countries. They will never be forgotten by those they served and fought with unlike 95% of the trash that posts here denigrating what they died for. I didn't know him, but I will now forever have a good thought for your son! Remember:

Reactions: Sharky1203
One year ago today in fact. My father. Also some others at work.
I missed my father’s passing, he was in hospice and I was there the last 72 hours. One morning my sister came by with breakfast, so I was out for about 15 minutes eating with her. I went back to his room and he was gone.

He had held his own father as he died, and it was kind of meaningful to me that I be there for him, but it didn’t work out.

I'm sorry for your loss, but your son was on the side of good and [he] was on the side of evil. I have many friends I served with who have lost sons, daughters and relatives who gave all in Iraq and the Stan. They are forever heroes to those who matter in this country, as well as those they defended in those countries. They will never be forgotten by those they served and fought with unlike 95% of the trash that posts here denigrating what they died for. I didn't know him, but I will now forever have a good thought for your son! Remember:

Many aren't trash. They are just misunderstood and looking for attention. Don't ever forget we fought for their right to say what they want. No matter how much it infuriates us. We have to be better than that. I'm kinda sick of the name calling. Our country is not going to withstand the pure hatred that is going on.

Many aren't trash. They are just misunderstood and looking for attention. Don't ever forget we fought for their right to say what they want. No matter how much it infuriates us. We have to be better than that. I'm kinda sick of the name calling. Our country is not going to withstand the pure hatred that is going on.
Yes we did, but we did not fight for their right to "fundamentally change this country," as their sad leader 0boma professed. It's pretty easy for them to hate everything about this country, when they've never stood for any of its values.

Thank goodness for DNR. Too many elderly people unnecessarily Full Code.

I would encourage anyone who is aged or responsible for aged relatives to have a serious talk with a health care provider about how violent and what the effects of trying to save someone's life can be.

Last edited:
Yes we did, but we did not fight for their right to "fundamentally change this country," as their sad leader 0boma professed. It's pretty easy for them to hate everything about this country, when they've never stood for any of its values.
In their eyes it's the way they see America. I do agree that they run the country, when in charge, like a democracy (51% rule the 49%) but we need to educate that this isn't a democracy. But the minute you call them names any hope of getting your point across is gone.

Reactions: VodkaSam
2922b0fe-f7c3-11de-84ea-001cc4c002e0.image.jpg

laughing-haha.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CarterHall
Obama is a better man than you will ever be. You’re a liar and never did anything positive for this country.

Bellevue fourth of July parade 2011. Woman that got stuck on the buggy with the two horses pulling her at full speed, we were directly across the street, buggy hit a street sign and flipped over, literally watched her slam head first into the concrete. She didn't die until that night but when you saw her after you knew she wasn't making it.

Yeahhh, the party was for my friend's 21st birthday. I didn't know anyone at the party other than him and the 2 guys I went with so we were only stopping by for an hour or so before meeting up with some friends at UNI. Then all that happened and we just decided to head back to CR. Kinda tough to party after seeing something like that. Also felt bad for my buddy because he lost a friend on his 21st birthday. Just a shitty situation all around.
I've broken up (or assisted in breaking up) a couple fights in my time, and it's one of my biggest fears, because there's always gonna be that one person that wants to get one last shot in, when things seem like they're cooling off, and someone takes the opportunity to sneak in a cheap shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT