ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Starship's 4th Integrated Test Flight tentatively June 6

I always find hort science, medicine and physics threads quaint. This one doesn't disappoint. Someone clearly needs mental help. I hope he gets it.

In simple terms write the equation for initial velocity and acceleration. Go.

Why should I have to do that? There are numerous tweets in this thread verifying that they achieved the desired speed before the rocket lost it's correct angle, causing it to fail.

The Best Man at my wedding graduated from Georgia Tech. Does that count?
Georgia Tech is actually a good school. My colleague used to use their microfab facilities. You should stick to meats and your tomatoes and stop talking through your ass otherwise.

And oh yeah, Mr. Lift Off speed, it would be:

V = Vo + a delta t

Georgia Tech is actually a good school. My colleague used to use their microfab facilities. You should stick to meats and your tomatoes and stop talking through your ass otherwise.

And oh yeah, Mr. Lift Off speed, it would be:

V = Vo + a delta t

So you know more than the actual ROCKET SCIENTISTS at SpaceX?

So you know more than the actual ROCKET SCIENTISTS at SpaceX?
No but I know not to speak through my ass unlike you. And as others have described, a few of the engines were offline. You can see that in the pictures on Twitter. This is what plagued the Soviet N1 rocket which was built to compete with our Saturn 5. In 5 launches, it never worked and wound up killing 90 plus people the ground.

No but I know not to speak through my ass unlike you. And as others have described, a few of the engines were offline. You can see that in the pictures on Twitter. This is what plagued the Soviet N1 rocket which was built to compete with our Saturn 5. In 5 launches, it never worked and wound up killing 90 plus people the ground.

So you think it'll never work?

So you think it'll never work?
I wouldn't want to be on top of that stack, no. Elon is essentially running an updated version of this:

There are other, more elegant and refined approaches, to put extremely heavy loads into space.

Ask yourself why no one else (country or private organization) is using that approach. Are they all idiots, including the Russians, who invented that methodology in the 1960's?

I wouldn't want to be on top of that stack, no. Elon is essentially running an updated version of this:

There are other, more elegant and refined approaches, to put extremely heavy loads into space.

Ask yourself why no one else (country or private organization) is using that approach. Are they all idiots, including the Russians, who invented that methodology in the 1960's?

I'm not a betting man, but if we did put a wager on whether they'll achieve orbit with this prototype, I'd bet you'd lose.

I'm not a betting man, but if we did put a wager on whether they'll achieve orbit with this prototype, I'd bet you'd lose.
People or more space debris? I'll send you a hundred cash if a single human climbs on that thing and survives.

Even a crippled rocket can orbit before it deorbits. Many have.

People or more space debris? I'll send you a hundred cash if a single human climbs on that thing and survives.

Even a crippled rocket can orbit before it deorbits. Many have.

The point is an eventual one-way trip to Mars.

All Mars needs is some good old fashioned climate change and they'll have an atmosphere.

1620391263_nuke-mars.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69
The new world would have never been discovered with your attitude.
Because piloting a ship is the same as generating a planetary-sized magnetic field.

Shit, we cannot even convince people to generate enough renewable energy on EARTH to stop fossil fuels use. Now we're gonna magically make enough on Mars to create magnetic poles?

Stay in your lane, Goober.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Because piloting a ship is the same as generating a planetary-sized magnetic field.

Shit, we cannot even convince people to generate enough renewable energy on EARTH to stop fossil fuels use. Now we're gonna magically make enough on Mars to create magnetic poles?

Stay in your lane, Goober.

Piloting a ship across the ocean in the 13th century was basically suicide.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT