ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Wrestler & Olympic Qualifier Aaron Brooks Tested Positive for a PED

• Thread starter anon_0pi0cv8t1ggvb
  • Start date
explain the significance of DT knowing or not

i don't think brooks being allowed to compete at trials was based on DT knowing and giving the OK
Have to see how it shakes out. He may feel betrayed by his team and coaches.

Reactions: el dub
Why would he feel he has a right to know?

Brooks hasn't been suspended by UWW or USAW, nor has WADA or USADA made any statement at all.

As of right now, Brooks is in good standing with UWW.
I didn't say he has a right to know. That doesn't mean he may not feel a certain way about it. I have no idea.

you undercut your own point when you point out that caffiene is on the list too. so no one should be allowed to ever drink coffee if they want to compete?

taking adderall (and other prohibited substances) under doctor's care/supervision/prescription is accepted by all the testing/regulatory bodies for a reason

Read more carefully. Caffeine above a certain dose is on the list. A cup of coffee isn't formally considered an extreme enough advantage to be considered a PED and therefore banned. Taking too much caffeine is and is regulated and banned.

Read more carefully. Caffeine above a certain dose is on the list. A cup of coffee isn't formally considered an extreme enough advantage to be considered a PED and therefore banned. Taking too much caffeine is and is regulated and banned.
and using adderall consistent with a prescription, like having caffeine below the threshold, is not considered a PED

if you're using their judgement on caffeine ("anything below X isn't performance enhancing"), then why not agree with their judgement that using medicine with a prescription is also not enhancing perofmance?

and using adderall consistent with a prescription, like having caffeine below the threshold, is not considered a PED

if you're using their judgement on caffeine ("anything below X isn't performance enhancing"), then why not agree with their judgement that using medicine with a prescription is also not enhancing perofmance?

Caffeine doesn't require a prescription. Pretending they're apples to apples is disingenuous.

The reality is that these are complex questions and issues but indisputably, Adderall is a PED prescription or not. I think it's a major flaw that it's allowed for some athletes but not for others.

Caffeine is legal for everyone. That is not the case for Adderall which by definition is inherently not a level playing field.

Bingo, there are TUEs for this drug. Whether he had a legitimate script is something I do not know yet. If this is a paperwork issue it will be straightened out, if they can show he did it deliberately and tried to get around the rules, he gets punished. It's that simple.

Regardless if he has a prescription or not, this should put NCAA wrestlers on alert - the most recent 4x champ uses a "legal" PED for competition. I'm sure it will continue to become more prevalent (and I'm sure it's already pretty prevalent). If you want to compete on a level playing field, you go to a doctor and get the prescription. If you aren't comfortable with that physically or morally, you compete at a disadvantage.

Nah. Minnow slanders Iowa at every opportunity. I'll share this tweet and await updates with 🍿 in hand. If AB is innocent, he's innocent, but it's a noteworthy development.

And regardless of whether he has a prescription or not it opens up the conversation about Adderall being a PED. A certain dose of caffeine is also considered a PED. Just because something is legal or prescribed doesn't mean it's not giving you a significant advantage over your sober competitors. If I were a college wrestler right now and found out that the most recent 4x champ is an addy user, I'd either give consideration for having a doctor write me a script as well or I'd lobby to have it banned from competition. It's on the PED list for a reason. Either allow everyone to use it or no one. Makes absolutely zero sense to allow it, but only if you went to the team sports doctor and they signed a paper saying you need it.

So, if a wrestler, or any athlete is diagnosed with a serious mental disorder, such as ADHD, they should not get the treatment that a non-athlete is allowed because it might help them in their sport? Is this the bridge you want to die on?

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Got banned on BWI today within minutes for simply asking if Brooks, or any other great (Yianni, Steiber, god forbid the Brands), was found to have used PEDs during their careers, does it tarnish their legacy?
My obvious thought is it does and should tarnish their accomplishments.... BWI thought the question, from a PA resident (go D4) and a huge fan of high school, collegiate, and international wrestling was too "tough" for their board. How dare I call into question one of their wrestlers, I guess. I find it odd they're that sensitive, but I will take BWI off my weekly reading list.

Oh, and I used to be a fan of both PSU and Iowa, but that list just narrowed as well.

Dude, just admit it. You are at your bed praying that this somehow becomes a big thing and Cael and PSU just disappear from your mind, and the last decade plus was just a bad dream.

It's funny to me how many PSU wrestling fans are here after PED accusations against their wrestler working desperately to defend the allegation. We'll see how it plays out. If he isn't banned, and followed the rules then it's not a big deal. Why so desperate to post on the Iowa forum to convince opposing fans that it's nothing?

I am probably misremembering but didn’t he sit out that year of NCAA’s and use an Olympic RS while he served his international suspension?

That's correct. I don't recall if he would have been able to compete at the NCAAs that year or not if he hadn't redshirt. I believe he wouldn't have been able to, so effectively served his "penalty" without any punishment by the NCAA.

It's funny to me how many PSU wrestling fans are here after PED accusations against their wrestler working desperately to defend the allegation. We'll see how it plays out. If he isn't banned, and followed the rules then it's not a big deal. Why so desperate to post on the Iowa forum to convince opposing fans that it's nothing?

The go to "This isn't your board, get lost" reply. Very, very original. I think Ta8kdown has it on copy and paste.

• Haha
The go to "This isn't your board, get lost" reply. Very, very original. I think Ta8kdown has it on copy and paste.

I didn't say get lost. I just find it comical. The second there's a PED allegation against a PSU Wrestler you and other PSU fans rush to the Iowa forum to white wash it immediately.

Reactions: Hawkgma and Spoons
I didn't say get lost. I just find it comical. The second there's a PED allegation against a PSU Wrestler you and other PSU fans rush to the Iowa forum to white wash it immediately.

I like this forum. There are basically three wrestling forums that have decent content. This is one of them.

Also, if there is news about PSU Wrestling, you can guarantee it's being talked about on here. (Probably just as much, if not more than the PSU board)

Interesting take. I don't look at any of these student-athletes as losers, but glad you let "your" team know that's what you think of them when they don't win.

Well, you sort of twisted things there. I certainly wouldn't call any college wrestler a "loser". He said he liked PSU & Iowa wrestling (which is a little weird, like liking the Red Sox and Yankees or Ohio State and Michigan football). I just offered that he should enjoy losing, as, personally, I don't see an end in sight for you guys anytime soon, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I might as well be honest.

Well, you sort of twisted things there. I certainly wouldn't call any college wrestler a "loser". He said he liked PSU & Iowa wrestling (which is a little weird, like liking the Red Sox and Yankees or Ohio State and Michigan football). I just offered that he should enjoy losing, as, personally, I don't see an end in sight for you guys anytime soon, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I might as well be honest.

Great sportsmanship on display. Coming to a rival forum and posting like that. Jesus approved. 😂

Don't want to get in a pissing match, brother > Easy peasy... I've liked Iowa from watching on PT when I was a kid. As a wrestling fan in general, when I moved to PA D4 in '00, I immediately became a fan of the local high school scene, and followed many programs in the state - Bloom, Lehigh, Lock Haven, and Penn State mostly. Although wrestling started in 2011 or whatever year, was a fan of PSU history - Jim Martin from Danville in D4 - and other top guys around that time, like Jeremy Hunter.
Very easy to sit back and appreciate wrestlers from multiple programs as a fan.

Reactions: PSUWrestling2425
I hate to admit it, but, this is true. Not one, but, almost EVERY SINGLE PSU NATIONAL CHAMPION have been busted for drinking diet soda during their career. It's not a rumor. It is a 100% fact! All championships will be vacated and given to Iowa.
They're all getting bags and using it on PEDs.

• Haha
Reactions: bourbon n blues
disagreeing with you on something that aligns with the position of every sports league and organization in the world (that therapeutic use exemptions are legit) doesn't make someone a PSU fan

Don't want to get in a pissing match, brother > Easy peasy... I've liked Iowa from watching on PT when I was a kid. As a wrestling fan in general, when I moved to PA D4 in '00, I immediately became a fan of the local high school scene, and followed many programs in the state - Bloom, Lehigh, Lock Haven, and Penn State mostly. Although wrestling started in 2011 or whatever year, was a fan of PSU history - Jim Martin from Danville in D4 - and other top guys around that time, like Jeremy Hunter.
Very easy to sit back and appreciate wrestlers from multiple programs as a fan.
Fair enough! Seriously, especially with wrestling, I do understand 100% what you are saying.

I'm a PSU fan first
A PA wrestling high school fan second
A PA college wrestling (non PSU) fan third
A wrestling fan 4th

When it comes down to it, every wrestler and fan of wrestling are "my people", and we are in the same club, regardless of how it looks on these boards.

Fair enough! Seriously, especially with wrestling, I do understand 100% what you are saying.

I'm a PSU fan first
A PA wrestling high school fan second
A PA college wrestling (non PSU) fan third
A wrestling fan 4th

When it comes down to it, every wrestler and fan of wrestling are "my people", and we are in the same club, regardless of how it looks on these boards.
Now, if you have any pull over at BWI, get my ban lifted!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT