ADVERTISEMENT

Public schools. THIS is what you are paying for....

I don't know the laws by states, but in MO she would still be a w2 employee of the district as a substitute.
Well of course she would get a w2 from the district. Is she a full time building sub or someone that subs at multiple schools? I would imagine she will not be getting work as a substitute any longer. Looks like you are picking nits. But not surprising as the trolling profile just crawled out of the weeds recently.

Reactions: gohawks50
Well of course she would get a w2 from the district. Is she a full time building sub or someone that subs at multiple schools? I would imagine she will not be getting work as a substitute any longer. Looks like you are picking nits. But not surprising as the trolling profile just crawled out of the weeds recently.
Tl;dr

Thanks for your contribution.

This is dumb as shit. You can find MAGAs who celebrated Jan 6th who are public and private school teachers… or police who outright said they wouldn’t uphold the law, etc. Point is people in all professions and walks of life hold varying political views. Some express them openly and others keep it to themselves. To cherry pick something to fit your narrative is stupid, but you do you.

I don't know the laws by states, but in MO she would still be a w2 employee of the district as a substitute.
Yes, substitute teachers get W2s from the schools where they work, but in Iowa subs often receive W2s from many districts. However, my point was having a license to substitute is not the same as being a certified teacher. The education requirements are much lower.

This is dumb as shit. You can find MAGAs who celebrated Jan 6th who are public and private school teachers… or police who outright said they wouldn’t uphold the law, etc. Point is people in all professions and walks of life hold varying political views. Some express them openly and others keep it to themselves. To cherry pick something to fit your narrative is stupid, but you do you.
You new here?

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
It was significantly more useful than anything you have offered in this thread.

Hopefully you send your kids to private school so they can learn sound science, like the Earth being 6,000 years old with talking snakes in an imaginary garden.

🙄
Sorry I triggered you with the government school comment. It's the new term of the day. Like "newcomer". Choose to adopt it or not.

• Haha
This is too sensible to be digested by the idiot brigade on the Beacon.

Didn’t you know half the public school teachers in America are indoctrinating children to question their pronoun selection while spending countless hours of “idle class time” promoting the benefits of occult worship, particularly as it relates to aborting babies during the third trimester as a sacrifice to the pagan god Moloch?

It’s a daunting and thankless task but many of us in the profession consider it a labor of love.

Reactions: earn8981
Yes, substitute teachers get W2s from the schools where they work, but in Iowa subs often receive W2s from many districts. However, my point was having a license to substitute is not the same as being a certified teacher. The education requirements are much lower.
Not really. Maybe in very rural areas where there’s a shortage of degreed applicants.

Sorry I triggered you with the government school comment. It's the new term of the day. Like "newcomer". Choose to adopt it or not.
Derp GIF by 43 Clicks North

Reactions: Hawked
Not really. Maybe in very rural areas where there’s a shortage of degreed applicants.
There are certified teachers that substitute, but there are also a lot of substitutes with a license that only allows them to sub not teach full time.

A high school diploma is all you need to become a substitute teacher with Scoot Education.

Generally, schools within Florida counties have easy-to-meet educational requirements for substitute teachers. These vary from county to county; from high school diploma to 60 or more college credits. Some districts may require a minimum GPA.

But with Scoot, you don’t have to worry about district-specific requirements! We partner with a variety of schools, so we’ll let you know which of our partners have stricter requirements and how you can meet them should you want to teach there. And you definitely don’t need a Bachelor’s degree to become a substitute teacher in Florida.

Information for Substitute Teachers in Florida

Educators in Florida will find that no exclusive certification is granted for those pursuing a substitute teaching role. However, those pursuing this position must still provide evidence of the minimum educational requirements outlined below, and complete any necessary background checks. Additional training and exam requirements will depend on the school district and the specific employment process.

Education/Experience RequiredMinimum of high school diploma
Completion of required orientation and training programs
Exam RequirementsBackground clearance
Average Annual Salary (2018)$26,070*
Estimated Job Growth (2016-2026)10% (teachers and instructors, all other, nationwide)*

It was significantly more useful than anything you have offered in this thread.

Hopefully you send your kids to private school so they can learn sound science, like the Earth being 6,000 years old with talking snakes in an imaginary garden.

🙄

This comic made me think of you just now lol. The original story is kind of wild too but unrelated.

• Haha
Yep.

All teachers are eggheads; all police are racist pigs; and all brown people are illegal rapists and thugs.

Anecdotal evidence is so fun. Thank you, OP, for outing yourself as a simpleton and an absolute imbecile.

Oh, and that chick should be fired.
Duh. But the real point is that you are extremely unlikely to encounter these types of idiots in good private schools unless you choose a radically progressive secular school who caters to this line of thought.

That said, I dealt with the public school for 4 years before going private and I only encountered one libs of TikTok type. The teachers were wonderful, the administrators were outrageously stupid and large forces dictating student population drove us out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT