ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma makes teaching the Bible mandatory in all schools

You’re reasonable. I’m not for the Bible being taught in school. I am for a course that teaches the origins and basic beliefs, since so much world conflict centers around Islam….ok, religion. The trans issue just keeps growing because some People think it doesn’t matter.

Sure, but that course should be determined by the local school districts curriculum, not at the state level for the same reasoning as above. It's much easier to influence your local districts then it is the folks in the Ivory Tower. There's definitely a Libertarian streak in me when it comes to local and state government. Shit gets tricky around civil liberties though.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Sure, but that course should be determined by the local school districts curriculum, not at the state level for the same reasoning as above. It's much easier to influence your local districts then it is the folks in the Ivory Tower. There's definitely a Libertarian streak in me when it comes to local and state government. Shit gets tricky around civil liberties though.
So, about trans issue, I don’t think localities can handle it. It has to be total state rule.

Reactions: like-woahh
How so? Trans in sports isn’t a protected class. Sports aren’t a right
I was talking to some MAGA moms this week, you might be shocked to know we have them in IC, but we do. They were speaking very positively about a trans athlete. They were talking about how hard working this kid is, how they wished some of the other kids would work that hard, and using the preferred pronoun.
Point being it’s a lot harder to dismiss trans citizens when you know them, and your kids don’t hate them because they’ve grown up with them. It’s easier to recognize that trans citizens are simply trying to live their life to the fullest and should be appreciated for that.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I was talking to some MAGA moms this week, you might be shocked to know we have them in IC, but we do. They were speaking very positively about a trans athlete. They were talking about how hard working this kid is, how they wished some of the other kids would work that hard, and using the preferred pronoun.
Point being it’s a lot harder to dismiss trans citizens when you know them, and your kids don’t hate them because they’ve grown up with them. It’s easier to recognize that trans citizens are simply trying to live their life to the fullest and should be appreciated for that.
They can do that without taking the spot of a bio woman

Reactions: KFsdisciple
The first amendment is talking about congress. Oklahoma legislature did this. If the schools didn’t receive any federal funding, it would stand legally. As is, it will be found unconstitutional.

There is a thing called incorporation. The first amendment also mentions freedom of speech, press, religion, assembly. Are you saying states can restrict all that?

Reactions: Joes Place
This Project 2025 is a fart in the wind? A manifesto to be ignored?

I thought it is supposed to be the right-wing blueprint for the future.

They are literally telling you how they will destroy the federal govt.

Believe them.

No, just providing a counter point. I don’t think it should be taught in school other than glossing over, teaching a bit about the Abrahamic religions, their HhhhhUuuughe differences. I will add, we were a Christian nation at the time of our founding, with the idea of Islam ever making headway here a very foreign thought.

No no, I’m saying just talk about the origins, who wrote it, Hebrews, then the New Testament, debate it’s legitimacy. Then discuss the founding of the pedophilic goat ****ers religion which hasn’t evolved past beheading
The Abrahamic religions are taught in middle school during studies of SW Asia (Middle East) pretty much exactly as you describe, although Islam is presented a little differently. ☺️

The Abrahamic religions are taught in middle school during studies of SW Asia (Middle East) pretty much exactly as you describe, although Islam is presented a little differently. ☺️
I could teach Islam with a rap

Islam, Islam a terrible religion
They rape little girls and don’t go to prison
They don’t eat bacon and they don’t eat grease
But they **** all the goats in the Middle East

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

Islam definitely needs to be mocked more. We make fun of Christians but Islam needs to be laughed at more often. They get a pass too easily.

Lol. Wow. 😮

Needless to say, I will not be using that in my instruction this year. 😂

Uh, they point out the religions exist; they do not dig into "Bible stories" from every religion.

Far far different from what OK is doing.
I know.

That was my point to the poster suggesting we just teach the basics of the Abrahamic religions. Uhm, we already do that.

What is happening in Oklahoma is just bat shit crazy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT