ADVERTISEMENT

Puerto Rican CEO: Local government 'corrupt' and 'totally inexperienced' in Maria cleanup

There is a whole lot of disrespect being thrown at our military on HROT the last couple of days. Worthless and incapable of handling this situation. If they are this inept god help us if we have to go to war.

They're handling the situation. This is all fake news.

You realize the Navy gets ships OUT OF THE WAY of hurricanes, right? They should have just steamed towards Maria so they could get to P.R. the next day?
That may be the dumbest post of yours in this thread. You go in immediately after with the resources you have. You know that. Dont deflect. Assess the damages and react accordinly as soon as you can. Have the resources ready (which you should have a good idea of what might be needed) to deliver when you can. Dont wait for ssveral days and react accordingly.

Where Will these planes you speak of take off from and drop supplies and then where would they land once they are done?

Well they could drop it from the sky, first off, they don't have to land. And even at 1,000 miles, pretty sure our military has planes that can go that distance and back.

And our military probably has helicopters that can cover that great distance and land in a field the size of a thimble.

But, I will admit I'm not an expert here.

That may be the dumbest post of yours in this thread. You go in immediately after with the resources you have. You know that. Dont deflect. Assess the damages and react accordinly as soon as you can. Have the resources ready (which you should have a good idea of what might be needed) to deliver when you can. Dont wait for ssveral days and react accordingly.

After reacting to Harvey, and after reacting to Irma, we're supposed to be totally ready for Maria? It's like being ready for three 9/11s.

You clowns are nuts.

Well they could drop it from the sky, first off, they don't have to land. And even at 1,000 miles, pretty sure our military has planes that can go that distance and back.

And our military probably has helicopters that can cover that great distance and land in a field the size of a thimble.

Headline: Trump bombs Puerto Rico! Dozens dead hit by falling relief supplies.

Oh, and someone would have said we were treating them like "animals" by doing that.

Oh, and someone would have said we were treating them like "animals" by doing that.

Probably.

But, then again those people would be idiots. Am I glad we didn't try. If only Trump would stop doing a lot of other stuff because he is afraid of negative headlines.

After reacting to Harvey, and after reacting to Irma, we're supposed to be totally ready for Maria? It's like being ready for three 9/11s.

You clowns are nuts.

And that's a fine answer, should have started there. Three large scale hurricanes in the region is gonna put a strain on everything.

But don't paint it like PR is tots hard to get to and that a week to do a lot of anything is an OK type of response.

very few helicopters have that kind of range....and even if they did, they would need to re-fuel when they got to PR for the return trip and i dont think that would have been possible.

And you say we are nuts?

I get it. You are a Trump sycophant and he has no responsibility in this unfolding debacle, even though he is the President of the Party of Personal Responsibility.

Thank God Obama wasn't our president during this crisis. He would have been too busy dealing with his birth certificate.

very few helicopters have that kind of range....and even if they did, they would need to re-fuel when they got to PR for the return trip and i dont think that would have been possible.

again not an expert here. But it would seem to me our military could figure out something with all them planes and boats and boats that have planes land on them. To get good and services to an island 1,000 miles away.

There is a whole lot of disrespect being thrown at our military on HROT the last couple of days. Worthless and incapable of handling this situation. If they are this inept god help us if we have to go to war.

The military can only engage in the activities it is ordered to engage in....

Nobody is saying that FFS. We are saying we could do a lot more and it could have been done sooner. You guys are saying the military is incapable of doing more. Why are you putting down the greatest military in the history of the world?

Because the assets nearest to P.R. (in Florida) BUGGED OUT a week earlier due to Irma, and had to stay bugged out because no one knew where Maria would go next. Just stop.

Because the assets nearest to P.R. (in Florida) BUGGED OUT a week earlier due to Irma, and had to stay bugged out because no one knew where Maria would go next. Just stop.

YOU stop. We knew quite well which direction the storm was going. Maneuvering around the storm is EASY in the satellite age.

Reactions: TheCainer
YOU stop. We knew quite well which direction the storm was going. Maneuvering around the storm is EASY in the satellite age.

NO. At the time it made landfall in P.R. the models were all over the place. The NHC can only reliably predict movement for a few days. After that, it's a crap shoot.

They only need to avoid the hurricane force winds. Not even close to a "600 mile detour".

Oh, you want them to skirt through tropical storm winds and hope the MAJOR hurricane doesn't jog toward them?

I'm not riding your boat if you're the skipper.

NO. At the time it made landfall in P.R. the models were all over the place. The NHC can only reliably predict movement for a few days. After that, it's a crap shoot.

More than enough time to maneuver around the predicted cone path; it's not like the storm was gonna 'double back' or do a loop-de-loop....

Oh, you want them to skirt through tropical storm winds and hope the MAJOR hurricane doesn't jog toward them?

I'm not riding your boat if you're the skipper.

Navy vessels handle storms all.the.time. That's their damned job.

You mean aircraft carriers?

No, I mean naval ships with helipads. Nearly ALL of them have them.

A majority of United States Navy ships have at least a helipad, capable of landing medium-sized helicopters. Many others have decks and even hangars incorporated into the structure of the ship. It has become a standard part of modern ship design to have a deck that supports multiple, medium or large helicopters, as well as being able to house them in a hangar, for protection and maintenance. Aside from carriers and full-length deck amphibious assault ships, the US Navy has 12 classes of commissioned surface warships, 10 of which are aviation-capable.

10/12 classes of ships is >80% - JUST ON VESSEL TYPE.

GOD you people are frickin' retarded!!

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
Yeah, I can imagine the headlines....

TRUMP SENDS 900 SAILORS TO THEIR DEATH

Destroyer breaks apart in Hurricane Maria

Yes...I'm sure you can "imagine" it. But naval vessels skirt AROUND storms all.the.time. Most can move FASTER than the storms move. Do you know what FASTER means? It's like YOU trying to chase down Akrum Wadley on a football field. In this example, YOU are the hurricane, and Akrum is the warship.

Imagine THAT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT