ADVERTISEMENT

Purdues passing game

Have a feeling the hawks are gonna have a hard time dealing with it. Going to have to get pressure on the qb or it could be a long day.
Well, this year’s game is in West Lafayette, so at least we won’t be wearing blackshirts. So we’ve got that going for us...

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Brohm's name is being called out by the Louisville faithful as Petrino's team blew a 21-7 halftime lead to Florida State and lost 28-24 at Louisville.

Louisville is Brohm's alma mater and hometown. Purdue is a stepping stone.

Brohm's name is being called out by the Louisville faithful as Petrino's team blew a 21-7 halftime lead to Florida State and lost 28-24 at Louisville.

very possibly true. I hope he does leave & go to Louisville; just would make our schedule easier. You never really know about the "steppingstone" type jobs (such as Iowa State, Purdue, and these other various lower echelon forms of life).

I mean, guys like Brohm or Matt Campbell may or may not be perfectly content to be a big fish in a small pond instead of going to somewhere like Michigan or Nebraska where the expectations are too quixotic.

very possibly true. I hope he does leave & go to Louisville; just would make our schedule easier. You never really know about the "steppingstone" type jobs (such as Iowa State, Purdue, and these other various lower echelon forms of life).

I mean, guys like Brohm or Matt Campbell may or may not be perfectly content to be a big fish in a small pond instead of going to somewhere like Michigan or Nebraska where the expectations are too quixotic.
just what we should root for......the west getting even weaker!

nah :)

Stepping stone? Maybe in the past but I don’t know if that’s true anymore. Could see Brohm at Purdue for awhile. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Have a feeling the hawks are gonna have a hard time dealing with it. Going to have to get pressure on the qb or it could be a long day.
I agree ... it looks like it could be an awfully tough game.

On the flip side ... the Hawks might try to play a little keep away ... and try to possess the crap out of the football.

Purdue is a good football team but certainly not one Iowa should fear. Play smart, tough football and Iowa should win. No excuses.

Purdue will get their yards and maybe points on us, but their defense is horrid. They gave up almost 600 yards yesterday to the worst or second worst team in the conference. We should be able to hang at least 40 on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT