ADVERTISEMENT

Purely For The Foods

choosenuetral

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2010
It’s menu time folks. Tonight will be beef ribs (currently smoking) with Mac and cheese, bacon wrapped chicken bites, some peas and a smoked pecan pie. I’ll be washing that down with some Coors Latte. If we’re up at intermission we’ll pull a dram of Pappy. Let’s go hawks!

Reactions: Sett1997 and el dub
It’s menu time folks. Tonight will be beef ribs (currently smoking) with Mac and cheese, bacon wrapped chicken bites, some peas and a smoked pecan pie. I’ll be washing that down with some Coors Latte. If we’re up at intermission we’ll pull a dram of Pappy. Let’s go hawks!
You stole my headline😬
I will follow along, but I have questions.
First thing is why would you cross your beer with your coffee? second , why are you going to ruined a perfectly good pecan pie by smoking it? And third, what be a dram of pappy?

We are keeping it simple tonight, BBq chicken thighs and wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, bacon cubes and croutons.
I will be dipping slightly into a new bottle of Basil Hayden “toast”, very smooth.

Reactions: Sett1997
You stole my headline😬
I will follow along, but I have questions.
First thing is why would you cross your beer with your coffee? second , why are you going to ruined a perfectly good pecan pie by smoking it? And third, what be a dram of pappy?

We are keeping it simple tonight, BBq chicken thighs and wedge salad with homemade blue cheese dressing, bacon cubes and croutons.
I will be dipping slightly into a new bottle of Basil Hayden “toast”, very smooth.
Haha. All good questions.
I can’t handle the stouts and manly beer most of you drink. CL is like drinking water and is my go to for sports.
Dont knock it til you try it. Take a store bought pecan pie and just warm it up in the smoker. You can even use those baby pies from Costco. Game changer.
Pappy Van winkle is a hard to find beverage that we only touch on special occasions. If the hawks are speeding ahead by intermission, I think we’ve turned that corner on performance I keep hearing about.

Haha. All good questions.
I can’t handle the stouts and manly beer most of you drink. CL is like drinking water and is my go to for sports.
Dont knock it til you try it. Take a store bought pecan pie and just warm it up in the smoker. You can even use those baby pies from Costco. Game changer.
Pappy Van winkle is a hard to find beverage that we only touch on special occasions. If the hawks are speeding ahead by intermission, I think we’ve turned that corner on performance I keep hearing about.
Nice! I'm going to look up that Pappy stuff.

I imagine it would, then again not much doesn’t go well when you have good thighs.

You got that right.

jennifer-aniston-recording-artists-and-groups-photo-67

Tonight on the menu is fish tacos - fried walleye from my trip to Red Lake last week, 2 corn tortillas for each like God intended it, covered with a little shot of chipotle Cole slaw and shredded smoked pepper jack, sweet potato fries and stir fried edamame. Sorry just water for me - boring I know haha

Do you have any extra? I'll come over and bring the yellow sleeves

Sorry, have a huge elk hunting trip planned for for next fall and don't want to die on the mountain. Figured I better start early since waiting for the last minute to lose wait hasn't worked in the past haha
Sounds like a plan, an Elk hunt is on my bucket list. Maybe I can join up with a few of you guys in the next few years for a Hawkeye fan Elk hunt.

Reactions: Trapper85
my son in law gave me a 10 pound box of Cod loins for Christmas….. blackened Cod here and some potato latkes

I used to run a 8 ft smoker and cater….. as far as the smoked pecan pie…… everything is better cooked with wood coals

my son in law gave me a 10 pound box of Cod loins for Christmas….. blackened Cod here and some potato latkes

I used to run a 8 ft smoker and cater….. as far as the smoked pecan pie…… everything is better cooked with wood coals
How do you blacken your cod?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT