ADVERTISEMENT

QB Next Year

Bullethawk31

Team MVP
Dec 3, 2019
What are everyones thoughts on qb for next season? Part of me hopes Lainez shows up ready to play and he goes but probably 1% chance that would ever happen.

What are everyones thoughts on qb for next season? Part of me hopes Lainez shows up ready to play and he goes but probably 1% chance that would ever happen.
I think not. Give the young lad a few years to mature and learn the offense. Then and only then, if he shows the patience and the thick skin to withstand backhanded comments from Kirk and Brian, he may get a chance to compete for that starting quarterback position.

Could be Petras. He has a Covid year available.

More seriously, it will probably be Padilla. The only way it’s someone else will be if there is some kind of shakeup with the coaching staff and/or offensive philosophy.

Also, in this portal era, you never even know who will be on the roster. Odds are we will have at least one QB head elsewhere.

What about May? He’s currently in the team but no one talks about him. I know he’s doing scout team rn but think he could be in the conversation.
Labas was definitely hyped in the offseason but apparently he is not even close yet and May is behind him

You could be as good as Patrick Mahomes is now but as a true freshman, he will not play or at least will be QB2 that only sniffs the field in blowouts where you hand off

That is honestly the sad truth. Kirk is that damn dense evaluating talent

Labas was definitely hyped in the offseason but apparently he is not even close yet and May is behind him
How do we have the most complicated playbook for freshman and sophomores to not play? Sucks watching other teams use young QB’s as they probably ran a similar offense in HS. But then you have our dinosaur offense that takes years to understand.

That is honestly the sad truth. Kirk is that damn dense evaluating talent
Which just boggles the mind. Is he that blind? Can he not see how just about every other team plays offense? Can he not see how just about every other QB plays and is used?
I don't believe he is stupid......just plain stubborn. He is going to continue to hammer square pegs into round holes. Every other school does offense "wrong", and only his way is right.

If it takes years to learn the system, which they say it does, then that rules out the portal. I think it’ll either be Petras or Padilla and Labas transfers.

I don't understand how he is "not even close". Thought he was tearing it up with the scout team against our defense.

If the offense is too complicated for him to "make the reads". Then change the offense, do the annoying thing where the QB goes up to the line and then looks to the sideline. Hold up the stupid pictures like all the other teams do...

Seems like other teams have figured out something and modernized Offenses. KF and BF want to use the offense from 20 years ago.

Which just boggles the mind. Is he that blind? Can he not see how just about every other team plays offense? Can he not see how just about every other QB plays and is used?
I don't believe he is stupid......just plain stubborn. He is going to continue to hammer square pegs into round holes. Every other school does offense "wrong", and only his way is right.

This. Stubborn old man syndrome. "Going to show you that I'm right. If you question me, I'll dig my heels in more"

Whom ever the quarterback is for next year, will likely be a slow white guy that can't throw the ball more then 10 yards, but we'll be pumped by the optimism of Kirk and Brian saying Iowa will be much improved because they practice like they're All-Americans. Iowa fans are so gullible!

animal-house-drink.gif

KF will reluctantly hit the transfer portal and find the worst QB available, start him all season, fail miserably and then arrogantly inform the local media that he was correct all along and that using the transfer portal isn't an effective way to improve a team. Probably.
I think you are spot on

This is not doing anything to make a movement. Picket outside of Kinnick. Write emails to Barta and The President. I think I will apply for a job at the U of I and say my performance will be terrible but don’t fire me.

Could be Petras. He has a Covid year available.

More seriously, it will probably be Padilla. The only way it’s someone else will be if there is some kind of shakeup with the coaching staff and/or offensive philosophy.

Also, in this portal era, you never even know who will be on the roster. Odds are we will have at least one QB head elsewhere.
Holy crap could you imagine these boards if Petras came back next year.

Reactions: icsedge1
Whom ever the quarterback is for next year, will likely be a slow white guy that can't throw the ball more then 10 yards, but we'll be pumped by the optimism of Kirk and Brian saying Iowa will be much improved because they practice like they're All-Americans. Iowa fans are so gullible!
Don't forget they'll open up the competition

I bet the board will truly melt down when Deuce Hogan takes over at Kentucky next year and probably ends up a world beater, much like Charlie Jones. That might be the final straw for me.

How is it our offense is difficult and yields DFL results with a 3rd yr starter. Then we look at other power 5 schools that start Fr and rock on? Need a big shake up to get with the times offensively.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT