ADVERTISEMENT

Question for those who agree AOC's dancing video makes here a "nitwit".....

But it isn't "an anonymous" Twitter account. It is a Q anon Twitter account.

Pretty big difference.

So if I, a known conservative, open a a fake Twitter account, make some stupid statement and #Antifa, does that make it from a liberal?

Recall the Twitter account you all refer to has been deleted.

We have learned from recent news that these social media platforms are the new field that political battles are being waged and misinformation, of all sorts, is part of that.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
So if I, a known conservative, open a a fake Twitter account, make some stupid statement and #Antifa, does that make it from a liberal?
The tweet in question got around 300 likes and many positive comments from fellow Qanon and conservative folks. Is it your contention those are all liberals with fake accounts?

Look, as I've stated, I AGREE the issue was blown out of proportion. But to try and act like conservatives aren't trying to unearth anything - often ridiculous shit - to discredit AOC is being either willfully ignorant or lying.

Is it a big damn deal? Nope. But it is kind of fun to giggle at. And that's all I was going for here.

The tweet in question got around 300 likes and many positive comments from fellow Qanon and conservative folks. Is it your contention those are all liberals with fake accounts?

Look, as I've stated, I AGREE the issue was blown out of proportion. But to try and act like conservatives aren't trying to unearth anything - often ridiculous shit - to discredit AOC is being either willfully ignorant or lying.

Is it a big damn deal? Nope. But it is kind of fun to giggle at. And that's all I was going for here.

Yeah I agree with you on what you are trying to say and I'm not trying to make a big deal of it

However, I may even do this as an experiment....

If I open a Twitter account, post some crazy ass liberal stuff. #Antifa, I guarantee I'd get some likes. That's the point of the #. To draw voices of similar ideology to your feed.

Does not prove it was a conservative that did it. Thats all.

In fact if I was laying out a long term plan to influence others via Twitter, I'd post crazy stuff a month or two first then lay my trap post.

Now, if you had people with verified accounts coming out against this you'd have a point.

All I'm saying is that there is no proof this was a con and the press acting like there was was irresponsible.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
AOC is an idiot though - folks called Trump voters dumb, well Dems once again went lower (and that was difficult).

All I'm saying is that there is no proof this was a con and the press acting like there was was irresponsible.

This is a sticky wicket, speaking as an editor.

I could argue that when/if things blow up on Twitter it is absolutely newsworthy to report on them. After all, our POTUS uses Twitter as a news service to announce hirings, firings, policy changes, etc.

Hate it or not, the Twitterverse - and what is happening on it - is now absolutely part of the political fabric of American government. And needs to be reported on.

Now, here is where you and I agree - it is absolutely poor journalism for reporters to presume intent or apply labels based on crap they see on Twitter. If I were to assign a reporter to the story in question, I would have made sure they noted that it was a purported Qanon member - point out that Qanon is a fringe far-right group - and had them focus on the outpouring of support and backlash to THAT SPECIFIC Tweet and not couch it as a backlash to "conservative outrage" because, as noted, there WASN'T conservative (writ large) outrage.

To me, the more interesting story on this is the big picture - that Twitter is now a battleground and that the "fog of war" of knowing who is legit is becoming increasingly hard to discern.

But hey, that takes a lot more time and effort than writing a quick online hit piece. :)

Reactions: haw-key
Our President posted this in a tweet before signing the farm bill.

Did Q-Anon have anything to say about this?

Reactions: obfuscating
I am okay with money\funding for Americans - seems Dems want to fund everyone but Americans.
My post was in regard to politicians doing silly things and was not commentary on the Farm Bill, but you already knew that.

AOC is an idiot though - folks called Trump voters dumb, well Dems once again went lower (and that was difficult).

Even if you think she's as terrible as conservatives love to claim, even you should be able to understand the difference between someone elected from 1 neighborhood of a city and someone elected to a national race.

That wouldn't make the top 50,000 list of stupidest things POTUS has said.

Not to mention that statement may be self-evident, but it is accurate.

Please try again.
So you claim her to be brilliant for saying something that has only one direction? HOw about her brilliant math work on the HC for all?

She is the Sarah Palin of the Left.

Reactions: haw-key
So you claim her to be brilliant for saying something that has only one direction? HOw about her brilliant math work on the HC for all?

She is the Sarah Palin of the Left.
Brilliant? I don't recall saying that at all.

But if that is the "dumbest" quote you can find, that's pretty indicative that she likely isn't that dumb.

Thought exercise - is it any dumber than ANY of these?

This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.

Just arrived in Scotland. Place is going wild over the vote. They took their country back, just like we will take America back.

The worst thing a man can do is go bald. Never let yourself go bald.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT