ADVERTISEMENT

Ramaswamy Questions Reporters: How Many Of You Will Admit Media Mistakes?

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017

VIVEK RAMASWAMY: By a show of hands, who here is willing to admit that the Trump-Russia collusion hoax was indeed incorrectly reported by the mainstream media? Is there anybody here able to admit that was incorrect reporting?

REPORTER: I think it would be really inappropriate for us to answer a question like that.

RAMASWAMY: Why not? What's inappropriate is lying to the American people.

REPORTER: We're doing our job asking you questions.

REPORTER TWO: Were the public lied to or did the media report on a set of facts provided to them?

RAMASWAMY: That's a fair question. I actually think that the public was lied to long after the media systematically still understood that this was the product of the Steele dossier, a piece of Russian disinformation provided by the Hillary Clinton campaign that was served up to the federal government as a basis for issuing a FISA warrant to then potentially infiltrate a member of the opposition party.

If this was Bush and Cheney doing this to John Kerry, it would have been the stuff of scandal. Impeachment and worse. And yet, I think it was an intentional lies by the media who said that that account, which we now know to be true, was actually the Russian disinformation.

I would be charitable in my interpretation of that if it was just one instance

Let's do an easier one. By show of hands, does anybody believe the media's reporting about the origin of Covid-19? Ran flatly in face of the facts that you have a Wuhan Institute of Virology that was now the likely origin of the Covid-19 pandemic. You all said it wasn't for a long time. By a show of hands, was the Wuhan lab the likely origin of the Covid-19 pandemic? Everybody, media or not.

So you have reported, the same media that reported the Covid-19 pandemic did not originate in the lab in Wuhan is willing to even say -- or admit today.

It was known that there was a Wuhan Institute of Virology where they were conducting gain-of-function research, in the very city where there was the origin of a global pandemic. And yet the media's explanation was it could have been any source other than starting in the lab. I just think that is systematically unacceptable.

The Hunter Biden laptop. I the Hunter Biden laptop story, as reported by the New York Post, which was shut down, had the Twitter account locked for anybody who was even sharing the story of the Hunter Biden laptop on the eve of the last election, the media reported that it was Russian disinformation. Does anyone here agree that the Hunter Biden laptop story as reported by the New York Post was indeed accurately reported and was not Russian disinformation? But was in fact a laptop owned by Hunter Biden? You've got to man, your paper reported it!

REPORTER THREE: I believe Hunter Biden is suing Rudy Giuliani over the laptop, so I don't think--

RAMASWAMY: So you actually believe it was the product of Russian disinformation? As was reported by the media that was the basis for suppressing the story.

REPORTER THREE: I didn't cover the Hunter Biden case, I'm not sure why we're talking about that.

RAMASWAMY: Because it was election interference on the eve of the last election. And I think there's the same kind of election interference happening this time around. And I think it is happening, early waves of it with respect to my candidacy, and I think it is likely to be a major problem going into the election year, unless we're able to openly and transparently acknowledge the mistakes of the past.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit Weasel GIF by Samuel Holguin

Hunter Biden being a loser really shouldn't effect anyone voting for his father so it is difficult to see that story as election interference.
And there is a lot of info on the trump family ties to Russia-remember Kushner wanting to set up communications with Russia?! Not to mention the sons admitting (despite daddy's lies, ) that Russia was a major source of income.

The Washington Post reports that Jared Kushner wanted to set up a secret communications channel between President Trump's transition team and the Kremlin that would be free of monitoring. He wanted the secret channel to discuss policy issues and Syria with Russia, according to three officials who spoke with the NYT.

What we know: Kushner requested on Dec. 1 or 2 that the secret channel be set up during a meeting with Kislyak at Trump Tower — a meeting also attended by Michael Flynn, Trump's first national security adviser. Kushner wanted to use Russian diplomatic facilities for the proposed meetings. They also discussed setting up a meeting between a Trump associate and a Russian contact in a third country.

Update: Once Rex Tillerson was confirmed as Secretary of State, Trump's team felt there was no need for a backchannel, per an AP report, which confirmed Kushner made the request. The AP, like the NYT, reports that the channel was meant to connect Flynn with military leaders.

Why it matters: The revelation comes at a time when the FBI and DOJ are conducting an ongoing investigation into Russia's election meddling and any collusion between Russian officials and Trump team members.

Some officials said the request showed a "staggering naivete," as WashPost put it. The White House and Flynn lawyer Robert Kelner, declined to comment to the Post, while the Russian embassy didn't respond to requests for comment.

So you agree that the media is guilty of lying in support of the governmental elite,.. Good.
I am deeply disappointed the media has allowed Trump to define the campaign to date…..They just wilted to his obnoxiousness during his Presidency. They have failed miserably in pointing out his involvement in the Insurrection of 1/6/21……

Gross misrepresentation of reality but I'm not surprised to see that from a MSM apologist tbh lol
Give two shits about media. He took a drug that had failed multiple trials and knew it was likely to fail again and spin it as this great investment opportunity. He intentionally misrepresented the risk/reward of investing in it. Went around the circuit raising capital for it and to take it public knowing it was a dog. Then sold his and his mom’s stake before the market caught up.
Then relied on his ability as a salesman to say win some lose some.

What Vivek is saying is valid. There has been a definite slant to reporting.
But...Just as Fox News does not cover some stories or jumps to conclusions the other networks are doing the same.

Give two shits about media. He took a drug that had failed multiple trials and knew it was likely to fail again and spin it as this great investment opportunity. He intentionally misrepresented the risk/reward of investing in it. Went around the circuit raising capital for it and to take it public knowing it was a dog. Then sold his and his mom’s stake before the market caught up.
Then relied on his ability as a salesman to say win some lose some.
Spreading misinformation again.

Still a moron, I see.

🙄
Still a clown, I see.

What is "the media" in 2024? With the breadth/depth of the internet, people get their information from infinite (terrible) sources at all times. For example, the most captive "media" audience by numbers is Fox, and everyone knows how (un)truthful they've been. Suggesting that "the public" just drinks up all information presented by "the media" seriously underestimates (most of) the "public."

Yeah, so hard to figure out

giphy.gif
Did you believe the Alfa Bank story when it came out?
That was another one that was literally sourced from the Hillary campaign, and then when it made ‘the news’ she promoted that story on Twitter, as if her campaign hadn’t originated it.

The msm exists to peddle dirty tricks and carry water for the party that 90+whatever percent of them vote for.

Most people see it, and the credibility poll reflects it.

Did you believe the Alfa Bank story when it came out?
That was another one that was literally sourced from the Hillary campaign, and then when it made ‘the news’ she promoted that story on Twitter, as if her campaign hadn’t originated it.

The msm exists to peddle dirty tricks and carry water for the party that 90+whatever percent of them vote for.

Most people see it, and the credibility poll reflects it.
Truth be told, the CIA feeds them a ton of the stories. It's how they have often times controlled the narrative in foreign elections. Problem is they're doing it now on the American people.

• Haha
Reactions: SocraticIshmael
Spreading misinformation again.

Still a clown, I see.
Nope, the company was going to take drugs that had been disregarded by drug companies as being useless and spin them into viable market treatments. Essentially turning trash into treasure. Claimed to be a scientist and used his connections from Harvard to get access to cash and turn it into the next pharma disruptor. Reality he’s an entrepreneur that saw an opportunity and fleece some marks. Drug companies spend billions developing a drug and the odds of them throwing away and unable to market something useful are like finding a Picasso in the attic. Sure it happens. But the odds he was selling was misleading aka lying.
He didn’t keep the company as a personal asset sheet because he knew he at best oversold it. At worst it was going to be a drag on him.

American's trust in media has fallen to a historic low, according to new polling from Gallup

Can’t imagine why or how that’d happen…
The same way the Nazis got Germans to be wary of their media back in the 1930s. It's what authoritarians do - sow distrust in the free media. It's being done on purpose and the dimwitted can't see that.

What is "the media" in 2024? With the breadth/depth of the internet, people get their information from infinite (terrible) sources at all times. For example, the most captive "media" audience by numbers is Fox, and everyone knows how (un)truthful they've been. Suggesting that "the public" just drinks up all information presented by "the media" seriously underestimates (most of) the "public."

The public expects the "media" to be something better than the crap you find on the internet,.. Problem is that the "media" collects their raw material from the internet,... Crap in, crap out.

787 Million dollars for lying. Still waiting for the massive lawsuits against the other mainstream networks.
A quarter billion because NBC/ WaPo went all insane wokey and attacked a HS student who stood there and made a blank face while an ass hole adult danced around him like a fool.

Reactions: An Iowa fan
The same way the Nazis got Germans to be wary of their media back in the 1930s. It's what authoritarians do - sow distrust in the free media. It's being done on purpose and the dimwitted can't see that.
Did you believe the Alfa Bank story?
Hillary’s campaign fed it to the media to sow distrust on purpose.
Are you too dimwitted to see that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT