18 Michigan 5-1 Won 38-0 vs #13 Northwestern
19 Georgia 4-2 Lost vs Tennessee
20 UCLA 4-1 Idle
21 Oklahoma St 6-0 Won
22 Iowa 6-0 Won
23 California 5-0 Down 17-24 vs #5 Utah
24 Toledo 5-0 Won
25 Boise St 5-1 Won

After a few more games completed and closer inspection, I believe we will jump UCLA, Georgia, USC, and Northwestern. I think we fall somewhere near Stanford and Oklahoma, with only a Ricky Vaughn outside fastball's chance of jumping Stanford, which is sitting at 4-1 overall in a Pac-12 that looks worse each week thanks to USC and Oregon. And if there's a Cal comeback we will lose a spot to them. I originally stated #16 or 17, but I'm stepping one notch back to #17 or 18.

Last edited:
6-0 is 6-0 regardless of opponents. Anything less than #16 is a slap in the face. So I say #18.

19. Stanford and UCLA will jump the same people that lost in front of them (NW, UG, USC).

Too early to say for a few more hours. If this score holds up, K-State will likely enter the rankings. Obviously Cal would likely jump us if they beat Utah. Otherwise we will move up at least a couple of spots.

I'm with you, getting ahead of a #16 Stanford is a reach. But a 4-1 UCLA team sat at home this week won't look near as good as a 6-0 Big Ten team. I think we jump them.

West Virginia is giving #21 Oklahoma State all they can handle. If the Mountaineers can pull this out, we’ll gain another spot.
I doubt Oklahoma drops far enough for us to pass them. Yes, they lost to an unranked team, but rivalry games are figured differently.

Iowa will move past NW USC and Georgia, so 3 spots. Can't really move past an idle team if you did just what was expected. I kinda wish NW was undefeated because a top 10 win would have skied us and then we could have coasted. A win vs NW next week should still move us past those teams though, maybe into top 10.

Yerp was spot on until he said top 10 with win in Evanston. Not a chance unless we blow them out and there are many losses ahead of us. Hes's spot on though that this week we'll move up 3

Move up 3 spots to #19 putting GA, NW & USC in our rearview mirror. Outside chance we move past idle UCLA to #18, but I don't think voters generally punish idle teams.

We are ahead of two undefeated teams. Toledo and Houston. Hard to argue with our schedule to date.

Iowa up 5 spots to #17 in the latest AP poll. I was right that we would jump UCLA, but was surprised to see Oklahoma fall behind us. We ended up jumping UCLA, Georgia, USC, Northwestern and Oklahoma. :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT