ADVERTISEMENT

Real Rankings Week 5

F6n6

Team MVP
Aug 7, 2017
Freakin, Iowa
things shook up a little bit this week with conference play...
Penn State is still the king of the conference.
Nebraska leads the West.

this Thursday night we got a big Texas at #42 Iowa State game.... I'm looking forward to that one... I would love to see Iowa State finish in the top 2 of the Big 12 and play for a conference championship... with Oklahoma State losing... this remains a real possibility.

Friday Night 7 PM we got #49 Nebraska at #47 Illinois
this should be interesting... I thought Illinois looked really good their first 2 games... and then their defense let them down the last game against South Florida... but South Florida beat AA defending champion Temple yesterday.... we'll see if Hardy Nickerson can figure it out

11 AM #41 Northwestern at #8 Wisconsin
this is a crucial game... somebody has got to be able to beat Wisconsin... let's hope Northwestern can do it.

11 AM #43 Maryland at #15 Minnesota
Minnesota is currently the 2nd highest ranked team out of the West with a 4 game win streak.

2:30 PM #40 Indiana at #5 Penn State
you never know... Iowa provided a road map for how to stop Penn State.. and I imagine Penn State is beat up pretty good after its game against Iowa.

3 PM #35 Iowa Hawkeyes at #44 Michigan State
I remember what happened last time these teams met.

6:30 #23 Ohio State at #58 Rutgers
Rutgers might surprise.

#51 Purdue and #16 Michigan have a bye week.

I thought Iowa played the defending Big Ten champions very well last night... and I really hope we see them again this year.

I thought Anthony Nelson was absolutely fabulous as was AJ Epenesa.
it looked to be that AJ ran out of gas at the end there... which is what you would expect from a Freshman....
and Penn State was really smart to take advantage of Miles Taylor... but to Iowa's credit.... they limited the big plays...
I also thought Amani Hooker was outstanding the whole way through... so far I love that guy.
defensively I think we got just the one weak link and we're going to be solid the rest of the way.

the coaches came up with a brilliant game plan and we almost pulled off the big upset.
I think yesterday's game shows that we have the players to make it happen....
and the coaches who know how to make it happen.

mr 6n6 must have been poopin his pants last night...
imagine if Iowa were 4-0.... mr 6n6 would be feeling like the biggest dingle berry in all of sports media... but... his team lost.... he can breathe easy for another week.

on Akrum Wadley's last touchdown he high stepped right before he got into the end zone...
I honestly don't see how that is different than the week before....
maybe the defender was 2-3 feet closer?

not sure where you draw the line there....

imo, they need to throw that rule out.... its not taunting if you are looking forward...
these guys high step.... some point up into the crowd... as a football fan... who gives a spit.
let em have fun.... as long as they are not directing themselves to an individual on the opposing team.

also I'm curious about the Penn State defender who leaped over the center and then blocked the Recinos field goal attempt...
am I to believe the refs just plum missed it?
everybody around the world including God Almighty saw that one... but the refs missed it?

it would be nice if the referees met the media after each game to give an account for what occurred in the game.
it'd be nice if the folks in the media would pressure the NCAA to make that happen.
this would be good for the game to build the trust between fans and officials.

whisking them away into dark places looks bad... but.. is anybody paying attention?

one more note...
this game against Penn State hurts... but Iowa still controls its own destiny...
we win out... we're going to the Championship Game.

ranking system is not opinion based

there's one more G5 game today so the G5 portion is incomplete

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT