ADVERTISEMENT

Real Woods to the Hawks!!

Then Max back to 41? He looked very sucked down there?

He's become a big 149 and doesn't look to have an ounce of fat on him. Todd is saying Woods is coming in at 141, and I trust him, but I think Max can compete at 157 if they decided to go that route. The frame is there.

Regardless, lots of dorks are having to walk back their "Iowa doesn't recruit over wrestlers" crap they've been trying to get people to believe.

someone tell me how good he is.

He's Real good....

EcstaticEmbellishedGlassfrog-size_restricted.gif

Woods is good enough to win the title. This is a huge pick-up. For all of the characters talking about hawk fans being hypocritical regarding recruiting over guys--you are really reaching. Beard was an all American and PSU brought in someone over the top of a returning, young, All American. It worked out. Beard stayed or is staying, but he was tough in the line-up and there are not many programs that would take that step. Our 141 graduated last year. We just landed a returning All-American. Very different circumstance.

Last edited:
Woods is good enough to win the title. This is a huge pick-up. For all of the characters talking about hawk fans being hypocritical regarding recruiting over guys--you are really reaching. Beard was an all American and PSU brought in someone over the top of a returning, young, All American. It worked out. Beard stayed or is staying, but he was tough in the line-up and there are not many programs that would take that step. Our 141 graduated last year. We just landed a returning All-American. Very difference circumstance.
I’m sure TNT’s slush fund had nothing to do with it.

He's not even bumping a returning starter let alone an AA. Walk on Paul Glynn is the only starter that has been bumped in recent times by a transfer.
Spooner trying too hard to be a dick often makes him look like a dumbass to this casual lurker. Maybe he can post all these messages where Iowa fans condemned Carl for recruiting over middle ranked non starters. I could have missed it.

Spooner trying too hard to be a dick often makes him look like a dumbass to this casual lurker. Maybe he can post all these messages where Iowa fans condemned Carl for recruiting over middle ranked non starters. I could have missed it.

I will definitely see what I can find but we’ve certainly seen the “they already have a stud ready to step in there why would they do this” stuff on here before. Not saying it’s everyone but it’s been said.

Reactions: pumpdog20
Charles Matthew's is 5' 2"
Spencer Lee 5' 3"
Wyatt Henson is 5' 5"
Drake Ayala 5' 6"
Cullan Schriever is 5' 6"
Real Woods is 5' 7"

Doesn't really mean a lot as each guy is built differently just though I would share listed heights

tried to tell you guys not to worry. iowa has the means and ability to contend w/ others for NIL deals. perhaps as much or more than anyone.
I known I’m buying whatever they’re selling! My wardrobe is now mostly Spencer/Bull/Desanto/Eierman/Kemerer merch from Ironsides store.

Reactions: johnyt9 and Boro407
He's become a big 149 and doesn't look to have an ounce of fat on him. Todd is saying Woods is coming in at 141, and I trust him, but I think Max can compete at 157 if they decided to go that route. The frame is there.

Regardless, lots of dorks are having to walk back their "Iowa doesn't recruit over wrestlers" crap they've been trying to get people to believe.
You think Max can compete at 157? Are you the same guy who has pointed out lack of results at 149 as of late? Are you high, sir?

Last edited:
tried to tell you guys not to worry. iowa has the means and ability to contend w/ others for NIL deals. perhaps as much or more than anyone.
Sincere question - Do we actually know there is in fact any real NIL money in play here with him? Also, if he has graduated Stanford, what classes/hours will he HAVE to be enrolled in to wrestle at Iowa? Is he enrolling in a master's program, some of which are fully funded (stipend plus tuition waiver)??

You think Max can compete at 157? Are you the same guy who has pointed out lack of results at 149 as of late? Are you high, sir?
It’s too funny. I remember when he was at 141 and there were plenty of posters barking that he was small and could go to 133. Now we’ve got him beefing up to 157. I think he’s right where he should be.

I do not think letting him eat (he will be a 6th year senior) and adding a whopping 8 lbs is going to hurt his performance or chances of being on the podium one iota.

It’s too funny. I remember when he was at 141 and there were plenty of posters barking that he was small and could go to 133. Now we’ve got him beefing up to 157. I think he’s right where he should be.

He will be a 6th year guy. That was a long time ago. Take a look at him—he’s a man now. That said, not saying you’re wrong about 149.

I do not think letting him eat (he will be a 6th year senior) and adding a whopping 8 lbs is going to hurt his performance or chances of being on the podium one iota.

He will be a 6th year guy. That was a long time ago. Take a look at him—he’s a man now. That said, not saying you’re wrong about 149.
So, you’re saying we should expect similar results at 157 as he’s had at 149?

Reactions: TarpHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT