ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Nov 11, 2016
I think if we continue to get better in recruiting little by little and having better seasons and not just going 10-2 back to 7-5 then we will be able to get in on better players and maybe win some 4/5 stars that didn't dream of coming to Iowa. Also, not saying we need to become Iowa State or Minnesota or anything but offering more of the top guys would be helpful too

I think if we continue to get better in recruiting little by little and having better seasons and not just going 10-2 back to 7-5 then we will be able to get in on better players and maybe win some 4/5 stars that didn't dream of coming to Iowa. Also, not saying we need to become Iowa State or Minnesota or anything but offering more of the top guys would be helpful too

We all would like Iowa to win 10+ games per year. Too bad it's not as easy as just wanting to make it happen. Every other school in the conference wants that too, that's why it's hard to do. The 2 B1G teams to do so since 2009 are Ohio State and Wisconsin. And Wisconsin's average is 10 wins a year, they have still had years below that.

I see no evidence that Iowa handing out 300+ offers would increase Iowa's recruiting by one iota. The staffs at Minnesota and Iowa State do that because it's what they have to sell. Time will tell if their approach is any better/worse than Iowa's. Campbell's recruiting since he came to Iowa State is good historically for Iowa State. Jury is out on Fleck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT