ADVERTISEMENT

Red tide and algae blooms dog Rick Scott in Florida.

Orlando is full of liberal agitators.

Florida's waters are full of dead fish thanks to our scumbag governor.

42205962_2071354656508160_8346718827479826432_n.jpg

42119621_455473594961779_1927572582186352640_n.jpg

Light 'em up!
They're starting to show up in housing developments on the edge of the Glades now. West of the Florida Turnpike where no homes existed back in the 60's, but when all you goddamn Yankees kept moving here somehow builders got the okay to build vast communities where they shouldn't - homes that use tons of fertilizers for those year round green lawns.
I wish to hell no one else would move here, ever, and that about ten million of the Northerners would GTFOOH.
Lol, you seem like a real gem. I bet you’re a great time to hang around with.

Blaming this on Scott is absolutely asinine.

Red Tide Rick only gutted the env reg enforcement budget by close to a billion dollars and turned control of the various water mgmt districts over to party loyalists and corporate stooges but yeah RTR had nothing to do with our toxic waters killing most if not all the life in those waters.

I know asking you to put knowledge and decency before party is a gargantuan and unreasonable request but here goes nothing

Florida gutted water quality monitoring – as killer algae increased
https://www.tampabay.com/florida-po...quality-monitoring-as-killer-algae-increased/

One example

Gov. Rick Scott — who ordered budget cuts to water-management agencies for five consecutive years and dismantled the Department of Community Affairs, which regulated growth and agreed to postpone cleaning up the lake — issued a press release saying his administration had spent millions on red-tide research, including $5.5 million awarded to the Mote Marine Laboratory since 2013. Last month, he issued a state of emergency, ordered more sampling, and lifted restrictions for temporary pumps and other measures to avoid polluted discharges from the lake.

Last edited:
Reactions: BelemNole
Vote GrOuPie!!

ricks-scott-legacy.jpg
Andy Marlette? R U kidding me? Simplistic cartoons for simplistic lefties...his Dad was in my graduating class at FSU.
And j1Reed is presenting historic facts, not necessarily politically driven viewpoints.
Big Sugar has been donating to BOTH parties for decades...back when this state was owned by Dems, and even now...Bill Nelson has received sugar money over his career. Which goes back to 1972. Time to retire, Bill!
All of us Floridians who aren't northern newcomers have opposed the old sugar growers for ages, regardless of political party.
The Army Corps of Engineers is a Federal Agency, not controlled by the Governors Office.
Andrew Gillum is a horrid candidate and will be a disaster for Florida if elected. Gwen Graham was actually a good candidate as a democrat and her Dad was a pretty decent centrist Democrat Governor in the 70's, before going to the Senate.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Big Sugar has been donating to BOTH parties for decades...back when this state was owned by Dems, and even now...Bill Nelson has received sugar money over his career. Which goes back to 1972. Time to retire, Bill!
All of us Floridians who aren't northern newcomers have opposed the old sugar growers for ages, regardless of political party.
The Army Corps of Engineers is a Federal Agency, not controlled by the Governors Office.
Andrew Gillum is a horrid candidate and will be a disaster for Florida if elected. Gwen Graham was actually a good candidate as a democrat and her Dad was a pretty decent centrist Democrat Governor in the 70's, before going to the Senate.

This.............BOTH parties are bought and paid for.

Reactions: goldmom
Big Sugar has been donating to BOTH parties for decades...back when this state was owned by Dems, and even now.

'cept, it seems like it's predominantly one party, today, which wants to disarm any environmental protections - federal or state - and use 'free markets' as their excuse for it.

Basically, no matter how many times "externalized costs" are pointed out to RINO Republicans, they are incapable of understanding the concept. True conservatism does not tolerate 'externalized costs' as something pushed onto the public, and recognizes that as an inappropriate imbalance on 'free markets'. Privatized gains, public expenses for cleanup.

Light 'em up!
They're starting to show up in housing developments on the edge of the Glades now. West of the Florida Turnpike where no homes existed back in the 60's, but when all you goddamn Yankees kept moving here somehow builders got the okay to build vast communities where they shouldn't - homes that use tons of fertilizers for those year round green lawns.
I wish to hell no one else would move here, ever, and that about ten million of the Northerners would GTFOOH.

Don’t worry about me. I wouldn’t visit that shithole of a state let alone live there for any extended period of time. Just sit there in your stink and call yourself lucky.

Indeed. "Less regulation" is the new GOP code for "push externalized costs onto the public".
The sooner people realize this, the sooner they may vote for people who will prevent it.
This point needs to be made frequently.

When Rs say they oppose regulations, they mean they are for letting bad actors get away with harming the public and the commons.

When Ds say they favor regulations, they mean they are for protecting people and the commons.

Millions of examples. Think about food safety, for one.

Red Tide Rick is always being a dick. Florida would be a much more pleasant place had he been sent to prison for Medicare fraud rather than being allowed to profit from it

Top Republican Gets NIGHTMARE NEWS He Didn't See Coming

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT