ADVERTISEMENT

Remaining schedule for the B1G Teams - Final Standings

NCHawkeye24

HR MVP
Apr 19, 2021
Of course there is a long way to go, and a lot and will happen. But, I went ahead and took a look at the remaining schedules of the B1G teams and applied a little formula to each team as I sorted them.

So I assumed that the top tier teams were going to win their home games against other top tier opponents, lose the road games, win all their home games against second tier opponents and lose half of the games on the road against second tier opponents.

The top tier teams I sorted were:
Iowa, Penn St., Michigan, Michigan St., OSU

The second tier teams I sorted were:
Wisconsin, Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, Indiana.

Then, with the second tier teams, I assumed that they will lose all of their games against top tier opponents, win all of their home games against other second tier opponents and lose all of their road games against second tier opponents.

While we know this is not likely to happen, I made the remaining teams of Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern and Minnesota as losing all the rest of their games.

So looking ahead of the schedules, keep in mind that of the 5 top tier teams there will be 7 games ahead, which means between the 5 teams there will definitely be atleast 7 losses. Of the top tier teams, the remaining schedule against other top tier teams is as follows:

Iowa: 1. PSU at home
OSU: 3. PSU, MSU, @Mich
MSU: 3. @OSU, Mich, PSU
Mich: 3. @PSU, @MSU, OSU
PSU: 4. @Iowa, @OSU, @MSU, Mich

So then I calculated the remaining losses for each team (not including the B1G championship game):

Iowa: 1.5
MSU: 2.0
OSU: 2.5
PSU: 3.0
Mich: 3.5
Wisc: 3.5
MD: 3.5
PU: 4.5
Neb: 6
IU: 7 which would not allow them to be bowl eligible

Because 1 of OSU's losses was non-conference, that puts them winning the East, and Iowa wins the West. Just going along with the formula, that puts the winner of the championship game to have either 1.5 or 2.5 losses, which would more than likely put them out of the CFP, unless Oregon, ND, Cincinnati, and the Big 12 champion all lose.

So what does all of this say? More than likely a whole lot of nothing as there is still 8 games to play. But maybe there is something to take from this which is Iowa has the easiest path to the B1G championship game than all other teams, and that means that there are really only 3 bowls in play for Iowa; CFP, Rose or NY6.

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo
Of course there is a long way to go, and a lot and will happen. But, I went ahead and took a look at the remaining schedules of the B1G teams and applied a little formula to each team as I sorted them.

So I assumed that the top tier teams were going to win their home games against other top tier opponents, lose the road games, win all their home games against second tier opponents and lose half of the games on the road against second tier opponents.

Then, with the second tier teams, I assumed that they will lose all of their games against top tier opponents, win all of their home games against other second tier opponents and lose all of their road games against second tier opponents.

While we know this is not likely to happen, I made the remaining teams of Rutgers, Illinois, Northwestern and Minnesota as losing all the rest of their games.

So looking ahead of the schedules, keep in mind that of the 5 top tier teams there will be 7 games ahead, which means between the 5 teams there will definitely be atleast 7 losses. Of the top tier teams, the remaining schedule against other top tier teams is as follows:

So then I calculated the remaining losses for each team (not including the B1G championship game):

Because 1 of OSU's losses was non-conference, that puts them winning the East, and Iowa wins the West. Just going along with the formula, that puts the winner of the championship game to have either 1.5 or 2.5 losses, which would more than likely put them out of the CFP, unless Oregon, ND, Cincinnati, and the Big 12 champion all lose.

So what does all of this say? More than likely a whole lot of nothing as there is still 8 games to play. But maybe there is something to take from this which is Iowa has the easiest path to the B1G championship game than all other teams, and that means that there are really only 3 bowls in play for Iowa; CFP, Rose or NY6.
Hopefully that is how the season plays out.

Hard to get a real read on Iowa based on only one Big 10 game. We’ll know more after the next 2.

• Haha
Reactions: Golf_Bravo_Romeo

After tomorrow’s game against Michigan, the only “tough” game Wisconsin has left is Iowa. The winner of that game is probably going to win the West.

Reactions: NI hawk
After tomorrow’s game against Michigan, the only “tough” game Wisconsin has left is Iowa. The winner of that game is probably going to win the West.
It sure looks that way. It would help tremendously if Michigan beat them tomorrow, but I think Wisky matches up really well with Michigan and Wisky wins. Last week Rutgers stacked the box and dared Michigan to throw to man coverage on the outside in the second half and Michigan did squat. And, Rutgers was able to move the ball on them as well. A couple of plays go Rutgers way in that game and they win. But you would have to think that Michigan is not going to be able to run on Wisky and without a passing game at all that is going to be tough.

I think Wisky will have a tougher time with Rutgers on the road and Nebraska at home. I don't know what to make of Purdue yet so we will have to wait and see if they will pose a problem for the Hawks or the Badgers.

big mistake leaving out Northwestern... they are the team to beat in the West division.
Sarcasm?
They are 12 point underdogs vs the Bugeaters.
They will look like the undefeated dolphins against us but they are hot poop this year.

Sarcasm?
They are 12 point underdogs vs the Bugeaters.
They will look like the undefeated dolphins against us but they are hot poop this year.
yea... I still remember 2018... thats a long time ago, I know... but... people said the same exact thing about Northwestern... and Northwestern went on to win the West...
and again... they are saying the same thing as if 2018 never happened.

meanwhile... Northwestern has won the West 2 of the last 3 seasons.

1st 4 games:

(guess what year)
W @Purdue 31-27
L vs Duke 7-21
L vs Akron 34-39
L vs Michigan 17-20

(guess what year)
L vs Michigan State 21-38
W vs Indiana State 24-6
L @ Duke 23-30
W vs Ohio 35-6

Reactions: desihawk
yea... I still remember 2018... thats a long time ago, I know... but... people said the same exact thing about Northwestern... and Northwestern went on to win the West...
and again... they are saying the same thing as if 2018 never happened.

meanwhile... Northwestern has won the West 2 of the last 3 seasons.

1st 4 games:

(guess what year)
W @Purdue 31-27
L vs Duke 7-21
L vs Akron 34-39
L vs Michigan 17-20

(guess what year)
L vs Michigan State 21-38
W vs Indiana State 24-6
L @ Duke 23-30
W vs Ohio 35-6
This didn’t age well.
Fat fitz’s defense brain retired and he’s been exposed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT