ADVERTISEMENT

Remind me where we Are this week?

HawkeyePA

HR All-State
Mar 27, 2012
when we went on the road in a hostile environment and beat the # 2 ranked team pretty handily and in decisive fashion we were on the rise....then this weekend we had a tough tournament but the team wrestled their butts off and now we are looking to heat up the TAR and start plucking the chickens for all the feathers we will need for TNT... Damn it is hard to watch some of the fair weather fans do their deal on here... I heard that PSU sells their hoodies online pretty cheap if you would rather go worship at the temple of Cael.

when we went on the road in a hostile environment and beat the # 2 ranked team pretty handily and in decisive fashion we were on the rise....then this weekend we had a tough tournament but the team wrestled their butts off and now we are looking to heat up the TAR and start plucking the chickens for all the feathers we will need for TNT... Damn it is hard to watch some of the fair weather fans do their deal on here... I heard that PSU sells their hoodies online pretty cheap if you would rather go worship at the temple of Cael.
You really believe Oklahoma State was the number two team in the country?

The team wrestled hard. But it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see that the team's needed a healthy dose of new ideas/approaches for quite a while. I don't think TnT are up to it.

Reactions: js8793 and MVPFAN
I’d say this weekend, we regressed to the mean more than anything.

Not trying to throw gas on the fire but what team specifically did NOT wrestle hard?

I tell my boss all the time I'm working hard but for some damn reason, he wants results. He's crazy.
Don't know about wrestling hard, but tOSU was very subpar this weekend. It was noticable. Iowa had a very good day 2 which is a sign of a team fighting hard.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

like usual, the reality falls somewhere in the middle between the sky is falling folks (of which there are many here) and the people who think nothing is wrong. there needs to be some changes made but we need to be realistic.

talking about firing the whole staff and hiring david taylor or ben askren isn’t realistic. that being said, if the right guys decide to hang it up and get into coaching after the olympic trials then we need some fresh blood from outside the program.

I’d say this weekend, we regressed to the mean more than anything.
Regressed is not remotely the correct word.

125: Ayala was the 2 seed in a weight class where the 7 seed had already beat him and beat him again. STILL, he took 3rd, beating the 1 seed and returning NCAA runner up. What more was he supposed to do?

133: Teske took 5th from the LOWEST SEED POSSIBLE. On top of that he absolutely wrestled his ass off. He got ridiculously screwed out of being in the 3rd place match by multiple reviews and took the eventual champ to the brink in a great match. That tournament was probably the best wrestling Teske has ever done.

141: Woods is banged up and still wrestled to seed, avenging a loss where he got crushed the last time. Mendez is really good and has improved enough on bottom to pretty much take Woods advantage away. Woods at much less than 100% is very unilikely to beat Mendez.

149: Rathjen is also pretty banged up. Still, he has actually been a pretty pleasant surprise and taking 5th is more than I think many would have realistically thought if someone told you he would be the guy before the season started.

157: Franek was seeded 4th and took 4th. He wasn't beating Haines and that is the only guy he lost to. There was no true strategic benefit to wrestling Robb yet again, so it makes sense that they held him out the last match.

165: Caliendo beat Amine twice. That is really hard to do. Sadly, he is just simply out matched by the top 4 guys at the weight.

174: Kennedy just had the unlucky draw. He wrestled Griffith much better than last time and took him to the brink. the tOSU kid is really tough, just ask Gabe Arnold.

184: Gambling Fiasco.....

197: Glazier has done the literal opposite of regress. In fact, I would say he has squeezed every possible ounce of his capabilities to absolutely maximize his output so far.

285: Hill-See 197. He has done the absolute max anyone could realistically expect.

Look, it has nothing to do with regression. They all damn near matched their maximum output and that is readily apparent if you compare the results to their respective seeds. The simple truth is they just don't have remotely close to the talent that PSU has this year. This is especially true having lost Brands, Assad and Cass to the gambling controversy.

125: Ayala was the 2 seed in a weight class where the 7 seed had already beat him and beat him again. STILL, he took 3rd, beating the 1 seed and returning NCAA runner up. What more was he supposed to do?

133: Teske took 5th from the LOWEST SEED POSSIBLE. On top of that he absolutely wrestled his ass off. He got ridiculously screwed out of being in the 3rd place match by multiple reviews and took the eventual champ to the brink in a great match. That tournament was probably the best wrestling Teske has ever done.

141: Woods is banged up and still wrestled to seed, avenging a loss where he got crushed the last time. Mendez is really good and has improved enough on bottom to pretty much take Woods advantage away. Woods at much less than 100% is very unilikely to beat Mendez.

149: Rathjen is also pretty banged up. Still, he has actually been a pretty pleasant surprise and taking 5th is more than I think many would have realistically thought if someone told you he would be the guy before the season started.

157: Franek was seeded 4th and took 4th. He wasn't beating Haines and that is the only guy he lost to. There was no true strategic benefit to wrestling Robb yet again, so it makes sense that they held him out the last match.

165: Caliendo beat Amine twice. That is really hard to do. Sadly, he is just simply out matched by the top 4 guys at the weight.

174: Kennedy just had the unlucky draw. He wrestled Griffith much better than last time and took him to the brink. the tOSU kid is really tough, just ask Gabe Arnold.

197: Glazier has done the literal opposite of regress. In fact, I would say he has squeezed every possible ounce of his capabilities to absolutely maximize his output so far.

285: Hill-See 197. He has done the absolute max anyone could realistically expect.

Look, it has nothing to do with regression. They all damn near matched their maximum output and that is readily apparent if you compare the results to their respective seeds. The simple truth is they just don't have remotely close to the talent that PSU has this year. This is especially true having lost Brands, Assad and Cass to the gambling controversy.
Well, I'd say Okey State was the high point for the year, definitely not the norm. Which means it was above the mean...which we regressed to.

very well put. couldn’t agree more

Well, I'd say Okey State was the high point for the year, definitely not the norm. Which means it was above the mean...which we regressed to.
Seriously? You are giving OkState too much credit. Do you realize ISU just beat OkState handily at Big12's?

We lost 3 AA starters!!! name one team besides PSU that could take a hit like that and still be top 5 in the big 10? Anyone???
By the way Franek did not wrestle because of his eye/forehead cut. Im almost positive Hamiti got injured in the finals and shut down incase anyone was wondering what happened in the 3rd.

Im almost positive Hamiti got injured in the finals and shut down incase anyone was wondering what happened in the 3rd.

It looked to me like he gassed, made some really dumb mistakes to piss away the match, then limped off after getting beat down because his pride was hurt.

I could be wrong.

Reactions: DirkTang1
We would have had a champ at 174 , finalist or a third place at heavyweight and possibly a champ at 184 even though some may not have been high on Abe I thought he definitely could’ve won the 184 pound weight class this year at the BiG10’s . oh, and by the way, Nelson may have won the whole damn thing this year with star being injured.

Last edited:
It looked to me like he gassed, made some really dumb mistakes to piss away the match, then limped off after getting beat down because his pride was hurt.

I could be wrong.
Although you might be right, there was one point in the match where he looked at his coaches and shook his head, up until that point, he was dominating and was not gassing at all.

Reactions: Gusaford

THANK YOU GRIP AND MSU ...this is EXACTLY what i meant..... and WE didn't rank Oklahoma #2 that's what they were ranked, so YES we did knock off the #2 ranked team ON THE ROAD and we did it convincingly.

Reactions: MSU158 and Grip220
Seriously? You are giving OkState too much credit. Do you realize ISU just beat OkState handily at Big12's?
YES! And that was the high point of the fvcking season! The rest of the time we were not that "good", including this past weekend...which is saying something. We regressed to the mean.

If you live in Pennsylvania, find Cael for me and kick him in the balls.

I'll pay your bail.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkeyePA and eb05
Dude, they also beat ISU earlier in the year and they just trounced OkState….
And....? I guess I don't know what you're trying to say. We looked good vs Okey St. We looked average to bad the rest of the year.

We lost 3 AA starters!!! name one team besides PSU that could take a hit like that and still be top 5 in the big 10? Anyone???
By the way Franek did not wrestle because of his eye/forehead cut. Im almost positive Hamiti got injured in the finals and shut down incase anyone was wondering what happened in the 3rd.

Who is the third?
Making excuses sometimes requires a little embellishment.

And....? I guess I don't know what you're trying to say. We looked good vs Okey St. We looked average to bad the rest of the year.
No problem. If you want to base their entire performance off of 1 dual where that team Iowa beat will struggle to take 10th place at NCAA"s, we can just agree to disagree...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT