ADVERTISEMENT

Remind me where we Are this week?

Nope, he's wrestled in 3 (now 4) postseasons already. DNQ in 2021, 1-2 in 2022, 3rd last year, TBD this year.
But 2021 was the free year, correct? So this will only be the 3rd year that counts...

Edited to add: I get how you mean it. Next year would technically be his 5th year competing. I just automatically count him as going next year because he wouldn't be a 4 time AA like the other 2.

Reactions: sstark46
We would have had a champ at 174 , finalist or a third place at heavyweight and possibly a champ at 184 even though some may not have been high on Abe I thought he definitely could’ve won the 184 pound weight class this year at the BiG10’s . oh, and by the way, Nelson’s may have one the whole damn thing this year with star being injured.
Nelson has had one very good run in an NCAA and now he may have been a National Champion? Only in your rose colored world.

But 2021 was the free year, correct? So this will only be the 3rd year that counts...
Yes, the same situation as Star and Kerk. Each of these three have 1 more year if they want to take it

Edit: I guess Bartlett still has a redshirt available while Star and Kerk do not, so he has 2 years left to compete 1. But since this year is his 4th postseason already he may decide to forego his remaining competition year

Yes, the same situation as Star and Kerk. Each of these three have 1 more year if they want to take it
I get what you are saying. I just automatically assumed he was coming back and blanked on his having 2 seasons instead of 1 at 149...

Reactions: sstark46
I get what you are saying. I just automatically assumed he was coming back and blanked on his having 2 seasons instead of 1 at 149...
All good.

Can't wait until "the Covid year" is completely behind us and figuring out remaining eligibility no longer requires a PhD

Reactions: MitchLL and MSU158
Nelson has had one very good run in an NCAA and now he may have been a National Champion? Only in your rose colored world.
You have a bad memory and my world is colored Black and Gold!
This brings a point that I have not touched on lately.
I truly wonder how many of the characters on here that throw stones, actually competed at anything at a high level.

With Starocci and now Griffith injured, why couldn't he be? I would still favor Lewis over him, but he needed some last minute heroics to beat MCCoy last night. I wouldn't have picked him to win it, but I don't see anything wrong with saying he "may" have...

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Grip220
No problem. If you want to base their entire performance off of 1 dual where that team Iowa beat will struggle to take 10th place at NCAA"s, we can just agree to disagree...
No problem. I’m just shocked you fully expected them to waltz into Stillwater and hammer them the way we did.

No problem. I’m just shocked you fully expected them to waltz into Stillwater and hammer them the way we did.
I expected them to win, but have no problem admitting they did it in dominant fashion. But, let's not act like they won any unexpected matches. The only match on paper they pulled an upset was Caliendo over Olejnik and that really wasn't an upset as Caliendo beat him the same way at NCAA's last year.

Simply put, Iowa matched up VERY WELL with OkState because they used Arnold and Kueter in the dual. Iowa would still have won the dual without them, but it would have probably been 19-14 or so, instead of 22-9....

You don't think he could have been?
Came back from Tommy John Surgery and then a shoulder surgery from wrecking a motorcycle in the fall.
He consistently got better last season and hit his stride at the National Tournament.
Coming back this season healthy and ready to go, he definitely would have been in the conversation for winning a National Championship this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT