ADVERTISEMENT

Report: Florida State considering firing Willie Taggart, pursuing Urban Meyer

The buyout and then what you would have to pay UM would be a lot. Like comparable to what the average HROT poster makes a year.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
I would rather endure a thousand losing seasons and lose to Miami and Florida by 100 points than have that lying douche as my head coach.
giphy.gif

Yeah, hiring Urban Meyer is basically admitting there’s no floor. We’re sketchy, but we’re not that.
For real though, it is pretty obvious Taggart is not the guy. I said that from the minute they hired him. Dude was clearly a bad choice.

That being said, when the time does come for a new head coach you guys should seriously consider Matt Campbell of Iowa State. The guy has won everywhere he has been including at ISU where nobody wins. I still can't figure out if he is a guy who would want to stay and build something at a place like ISU or if he wants something bigger.

Unlike our friends in Gainesville and Columbus, we have a problem with a coach the enables serial killers and spouse abusers. Plus he knows he won’t get protection from the state attorneys office like he did with Bill Cervone

Recently, Urban Meyer said that he would actually
be interested in the Dallas Cowboys head coaching
job if it became available.

Piss off! I stand by my comments. And you'll notice all the other Noles feel the same.
To be fair, it's not like your program is exactly squeaky clean.

Plus it's the South. You guys love you some winning at any cost.

Why does Urban drop out of coaching for a year just to take another job?

When he dropped out of Florida I thought it was just because he didn't have any talent left.

But that's not the case at OSU.

Why does Urban drop out of coaching for a year just to take another job?

When he dropped out of Florida I thought it was just because he didn't have any talent left.

But that's not the case at OSU.

I believe he actually has some genuine health concerns outside of the convenient ones cited on his Florida departure.

Unless some boosters want to come up with some major cash, Taggart isn't going anywhere, at least not for a year or so.

And if he does, we aren't going after Meyer. If we did hire Meyer, I would immediately stop supporting the program while he was there. He wouldn't come though.

Reactions: West Duval Nole
I believe he actually has some genuine health concerns outside of the convenient ones cited on his Florida departure.
That is very possible.

I always thought he was just a guy who liked new challenges and didn't like staying at one place for too long. I know people like that and I'm sure we all do. He is obviously a very successful coach (morals are a bit questionable like with many head coaches) but I feel like he enjoys new challenges and may need time off in between.

That is very possible.

I always thought he was just a guy who liked new challenges and didn't like staying at one place for too long. I know people like that and I'm sure we all do. He is obviously a very successful coach (morals are a bit questionable like with many head coaches) but I feel like he enjoys new challenges and may need time off in between.

That's possible, but I just find the "I'm retiring from coaching" only for him to take a new job a year later stick to be annoying.

That is very possible.

UF expelled Cam Newton. Urban knew that was it.

That's possible, but I just find the "I'm retiring from coaching" only for him to take a new job a year later stick to be annoying.
That's because he's a used car salesman like many head coaches.

He's kind of the Larry Brown of football a little bit.

Reactions: unIowa
I like that FSU fans get indignant at a shady Urban coming to coach there, and conveniently forget the Bobby Bowden years.

I like that FSU fans get indignant at a shady Urban coming to coach there, and conveniently forget the Bobby Bowden years.

1) Bobby was folksy.

2) We're not aware of FSU or its coaches ever covering up any murders or violent crime. Feel free to cite any I don't know about, and I'll humbly stand corrected.

3) It's not as much indignance over how shady Urban is; it's the fact that we hate him more than pretty much anyone else. Steve Spurrier is a drinking buddy by comparison.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT