ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT: Two Schools Headed to the Big 12

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
The Big 12 has been hot on the expansion trail. With the conference expected to add members in the near future, reports have surfaced as to who we can expect those schools to be.

According to Greg Swaim of the Swaim Show, Colorado and Arizona will be the first two schools to make the move to the Big 12. However, it will not become official until the Pac-12’s television deal is finalized.

Swaim also revealed that while Utah and Arizona State will be considered, the conference may settle for only two Pac-12 schools. Instead, the Big 12 would then look to the ACC to add any future members.

Recent reports have indicated that the ACC is on the verge of collapse, so teams jumping ship would come to no surprise to many.

Colorado to the Big 12? That’s revolutionary…
I'm hoping that when the super conference that incorporates all the power 5 schools comes along that there will be a Big Ten division incorporating all 10 of the pre-Penn St schools. At that point, maybe we can also give the super conference a name, like National Collegiate Athletic Association or something, I don't know, just spitballing here....

I'm hoping that when the super conference that incorporates all the power 5 schools comes along that there will be a Big Ten division incorporating all 10 of the pre-Penn St schools. At that point, maybe we can also give the super conference a name, like National Collegiate Athletic Association or something, I don't know, just spitballing here....
I’m just a bit disappointed, I really wanted CU in the Big Ten. Regular trips to Boulder to watch the Hawks would be a blast.

I’m just a bit disappointed, I really wanted CU in the Big Ten. Regular trips to Boulder to watch the Hawks would be a blast.
I would hope 16 teams is going to be the max for the Big Ten. I just don't see how going bigger than that is even workable. You add Colorado to the Big Ten along with another or several other teams and you're looking at playing some teams in your conference in football like once every 3 or 4 years or something?

The madness has to stop.

I would hope 16 teams is going to be the max for the Big Ten. I just don't see how going bigger than that is even workable. You add Colorado to the Big Ten along with another or several other teams and you're looking at playing some teams in your conference in football like once every 3 or 4 years or something?

The madness has to stop.
That’s already how it works? We don’t see Michigan/PSU/OSU except for every few years.

I would much rather play Colorado than Indiana/Rutgers/Maryland.

The Big 12 has been hot on the expansion trail. With the conference expected to add members in the near future, reports have surfaced as to who we can expect those schools to be.

According to Greg Swaim of the Swaim Show, Colorado and Arizona will be the first two schools to make the move to the Big 12.
Man...what's gonna be left of the Pac12?

USC - out
UCLA - out
Colorado - out
Arizona - out

They gonna add in the Santa Cruz Banana Slugs?

Reactions: goldmom
That’s already how it works? We don’t see Michigan/PSU/OSU except for every few years.

I would much rather play Colorado than Indiana/Rutgers/Maryland.
You at least play every team in your division every year and alternate every other year with the other 6 teams in the other division.

Going to more than 16 teams means you're gonna go more than 2 years without even playing other teams in the conference. You might not get your at Colorado game until 7 or 8 years after they joined the conference.

The madness has to stop.
I think 20 makes the most sense. Add three west coast schools and ND then you can have 4 5 teams pods you can play every year then a home and home with 2 schools from the other pods for 10 conference games.

I think if you add 3 out Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Utah, Colorado and Cal you help the west coast teams travel situation a lot. Especially for Olympic sport.

We're going to start moving towards a consolidation of the eyeball-generating schools, while others won't have a chair when the music stops. From the B1G, that'll be OSU, Michigan, Penn State, USC, Nebraska, and maybe Wisconsin. The same will happen in the ACC, B12, whatever's left of the P12, and the SEC.

Reactions: 250vertical
I’m hoping for a MEGA super duper conference! Add ND, Oregon, Washington, FSU, NC, Miami, Virginia, Stanford, South Carolina, Cal, etc… to the Big ten!!!

Big 12 is still Little Brother to the Big Ten and SEC. That is fitting, as our little brother is in that conference.

I do agree that the Pac is pretty much dead.

ASU won’t be far behind. Which means that with the conference disintegrating Washington and Oregon should be getting an invite from the Big Ten.

Utah will see the writing on the wall and jump to the Big 12

With ASU becoming an AAU program is there any chance they come to B1G? I’d swap them for the Nebraska dumbasses who got ejected from the AAU for being dumbasses.

Reactions: Torg
Say goodbye to the ACC and PAC 12.
The sad thing is there's absolutely no need for this in any other sport (not that it's truly needed in football either), but it's mind-numbingly f***ing idiotic that these schools and conferences are doing this to themselves and to other conferences all for the sake of obtaining TV revenue...................

I hope the Big Ten stops where we’re at. Kevin Warren seemed to want to take the approach of conquering territory and add Oregon and Washington. At this point, we only play so many games anyway, I’d like to play the current teams and not a bunch of west coast add-ons. Only exception is if Notre Dame wants to join. People talking about adding Stanford/Cal are crazy, they have basically no fans.

With ASU becoming an AAU program is there any chance they come to B1G? I’d swap them for the Nebraska dumbasses who got ejected from the AAU for being dumbasses.
I would much prefer Oregon, Stanford, and Washington from the PAC. ASU doesn't really do anything for the BIG, imo.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
I would much prefer Oregon, Stanford, and Washington from the PAC. ASU doesn't really do anything for the BIG, imo.
Stanford and Oregon do nothing for me. I’d rather see Colorado and Washington. But I’d rather have any of those you listed and ASU than Nebraska.

Hats off to the Big 12. They appeared dead to rights a few years ago. Now it's the Pac-12 that looks dead.

You at least play every team in your division every year and alternate every other year with the other 6 teams in the other division.

Going to more than 16 teams means you're gonna go more than 2 years without even playing other teams in the conference. You might not get your at Colorado game until 7 or 8 years after they joined the conference.
Is that how it works now? I know we went more than two years not playing Ohio state. That might have been because of covid though.

Reactions: pjhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT