ADVERTISEMENT

REPORT: Two Schools Headed to the Big 12

Is that how it works now? I know we went more than two years not playing Ohio state. That might have been because of covid though.
There's 7 teams in the Big Ten East, so obviously it's an every three year set up, so I'll admit I was wrong about something! Here's a link I found on the scheduling:
https://theozone.net/2020/01/how-does-big-ten-schedule-football-games/

But obviously, with the 14 team conference divisional setup you would play half the teams in the other division every two years, and the other half 3 years? I've edited this from my original supposition that it would be an outlier to play a team every three years, but Math is hard, my head is hurting with this.

With the probable 4 team pod set up starting in 24 when USC and UCLA join the Big Ten every team will be played at least every two years. And again--if you go to 20 teams or something like that it just gets ridiculous.

Reactions: DooBi
Dude, the reason we're getting the 12 team playoff is because the Rose Bowl dropped its opposition to it. It doesn't have to have a "host".
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/rose-bowl-agreement-clears-way-for-college-football-playoffs-12-team-expansion-in-2
I would much prefer Oregon, Stanford, and Washington from the PAC. ASU doesn't really do anything for the BIG, imo.
ASU fans are the biggest asshole/thugs you ever want to associate with….worse that Ariz U fans. I think the sun has baked the brains of these fan bases dry!

ASU fans are the biggest asshole/thugs you ever want to associate with….worse that Ariz U fans. I think the sun has baked the brains of these fan bases dry!
So then obviously you’ve never been around Meeyami fans, or gator fans? NC State fans aren’t swell folks either.

Reactions: noleclone2
So then obviously you’ve never been around Meeyami fans, or gator fans? NC State fans aren’t swell folks either.
There are a couple if Gator fans around here I play golf with…in fact one lives here and manages to attend all the Gator home games the past several years. He’s a hellyva lot better the man any Buckeyes or Nittney Lion ….or Gooooopher fans!
Those AU and ASU fans…. All they wanna do is fight!

Not saying this won't eventually happen but Swaim has been peddling that Pac 12 teams are headed to the BIG 12 "as soon as this week", like every week for close to a year.

He also has had Washington and Oregon going to the BIG at least 50 times in the same time-frame.

All of today's buzz seems to all be tied to Swaim's report, and he has yet to be credible in regards to realignment...

Reactions: cigaretteman
That’s already how it works? We don’t see Michigan/PSU/OSU except for every few years.

I would much rather play Colorado than Indiana/Rutgers/Maryland.

We have never played tOSU as much as the other teams and I’m not sure why? Back to when Hayden was here.

But if my calculations are correct, we’ve played Michigan five times since 2013 not counting the big 10 championship, but also counting the game that got struck off the schedule in 2020 and Penn State seven times.

That fat, towel-whirling, NC State fan has haunted me ever since 2012.

IMG-2579.gif

That’s already how it works? We don’t see Michigan/PSU/OSU except for every few years.

I would much rather play Colorado than Indiana/Rutgers/Maryland.

I believe we have played PSU 5 times since 2016 and UM 5 times (at least would have except for Covid ) since 2013….not counting BIG championship game!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT