ADVERTISEMENT

Republican Will Hurd announces he's running for president

Who Is That Jeremy Renner GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Weren't there 15 or 16 in the GOP field at one point during the 2016 election season?
Yep...and the conventional wisdom was they needed a much smaller field this time around if they wanted someone not named Trump nominated.

So much for that....

Hurd is just another guy to dilute the the vote for Trumps opposition.

Hurd is actually pretty interesting....the few times I've seen him interviewed he was pretty impressive.

Hurd served 10 years as a CIA officer before his brief stint in Congress. He has one job In this race: explain the danger and potential damage of illegally taking classified government documents.

Trump is already lining up nicknames for all these guys

Yeah they are his firewall against DeSantis.

So even if he starts losing votes and going down in the polls the sheer number of candidates in the GOP field allows him to win the same way he won the primary in 2016. Let his core group of cultists vote him in while everyone else's votes are split between over a dozen different candidates.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
I lean left, but have always been impressed with Hurd’s background and temperament while being interviewed. Would certainly consider voting for him in the general election, but there’s no way on earth he runs the gauntlet of primaries on the looney side.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
I lean left, but have always been impressed with Hurd’s background and temperament while being interviewed. Would certainly consider voting for him in the general election, but there’s no way on earth he runs the gauntlet of primaries on the looney side.
He would still have to be all in on prosecuting the trump crime family for me to consider. And if rumors are proven, prosecuting the bidens as well.

Actually, in the same way that a big field helps Trump, a big field might also allow Hurd to stand out.

Remember when most of the R field had fallen by the wayside in 2016? Kasich - a relative moderate - was one of the last 3 standing.

If Trump is smart, he might want to go easy on Hurd - on the theory that it helps him if the never-Trump folks have someone other than DeSantis to vote for.

Heck, Trump might want to pick Hurd as his VP.

Hurd had his chance. He was too much of a pussy to vote to impeach Trump, and has groveled to the cult.
He has the same problem everyone but Christie and Hutchinson have. Hurd offers no compelling reason of why he is better than Trump.

Doug Burgum, the North Dakota governor is interesting. He is way right on abortion, but has avoided the gay hatred fever. He's competent, but the North Dakota economic model isn't an easy one to sell to the rest of the country.

Hurd had his chance. He was too much of a pussy to vote to impeach Trump, and has groveled to the cult.
He has the same problem everyone but Christie and Hutchinson have. Hurd offers no compelling reason of why he is better than Trump.
Yep. We have seen some Rs who talk a good game but rarely step up when it's time to act. Sasse, Romney, Flake and more. Hurd is the latest in this group. Hard to know if they would actually be better if they became president. Still, they seem better than Trump, DeSantis, Cruz and others who don't even bother trying to sound reasonable.

Yep. We have seen some Rs who talk a good game but rarely step up when it's time to act. Sasse, Romney, Flake and more. Hurd is the latest in this group. Hard to know if they would actually be better if they became president. Still, they seem better than Trump, DeSantis, Cruz and others who don't even bother trying to sound reasonable.
I couldn’t believe Sasse just gave up on politics. I really thought he could help the the conservatives back to being a little more moderate. The right and the left just continue to drift to conservative positions and the right just highlights the extreme left that has almost no power.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT