ADVERTISEMENT

Resident Alien appreciation thread

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
I saw a few mentions of this series, including one in which I post about wanting to start watching it when it was first released, but, things happened. It popped up on my Peacock recommended list last week and I have been consumed by it. It's a helluva good show through episode 10 of season 2. It's brilliantly written, and for what I assume is not a huge budget the special effects are good, and they did well in the casting.

I tried getting into it, but couldn’t get past the horrible acting.
Some of the supporting actors are very bad, especially the dad/cook. It seems even worse though because Alan Tudyk is so brilliant - his good acting makes their mediocre acting look even worse.

Still a fun watch though IMO

Some of the supporting actors are very bad, especially the dad/cook. It seems even worse though because Alan Tudyk is so brilliant - his good acting makes their mediocre acting look even worse.

Still a fun watch though IMO
I like Gary Farmer, he has a wry, quixotic sense of humor to him. He goes a little deep too often on the mystic Native stuff, though. Not sure if that is the writers all the time, or his input.

I saw a few mentions of this series, including one in which I post about wanting to start watching it when it was first released, but, things happened. It popped up on my Peacock recommended list last week and I have been consumed by it. It's a helluva good show through episode 10 of season 2. It's brilliantly written, and for what I assume is not a huge budget the special effects are good, and they did well in the casting.
Resident alien is some oxymoron bullshit if i ever saw it

Not that it really matters, but Sara Tomko's (Asta) backside grew enormous.
Happy Oh Yeah GIF by Afta Hill

I like Gary Farmer, he has a wry, quixotic sense of humor to him. He goes a little deep too often on the mystic Native stuff, though. Not sure if that is the writers all the time, or his input.
Reservation Dogs does a better job with the mystic Native stuff. A lot of the same actors appear in both series.

To me, one of the best things about the show are the supporting characters making it interesting and not just a Harry alien show all the time. Darci, the sheriff, and the kinda sleazy barfly are all great, just for starters.
D'Arcy and the barfly Judy would be a wicked threesome. They've got a love / hate competition thing going on, which would spice it up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT