ADVERTISEMENT

Reversible Abortions?

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
In Arizona, Gov. Doug Ducey has signed the first-ever law requiring doctors to tell patients they can reverse the effects of a drug-induced abortion, despite a lack of any scientific evidence such a step is actually possible. The law also prevents women from buying insurance policies that cover abortion through the federal marketplace.

WTF?

We should pass a law requiring doctors to tell people to PIITB. Think of all the problems we could solve.

Originally posted by TJ8869:
Is someone getting an early start on April Fools' Day?
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Nope. Articles on AZCentral and MSNBC as well.

That state is full of very religious people. No surprise they're trying to impose their beliefs on others. IMCC should be real upset about this one...

Originally posted by slieb85:

Originally posted by Aegon_Targaryen:
It's funny how valuing life is such a bad thing.
It's funnier yet that you claim to be a libertarian.
Valuing life does not fit the libertarian narrative? How come?

Government mandating doctors say things that are not even medically sound is pretty much the antithesis of libertarian.

Government interfering with a woman's reproductive autonomy is as well.

I was pretty skeptical of you as a "libertarian" to begin with, but lately, it's become clear. You're a neo-con with a slightly more pragmatic approach to a few things.

Most of the real libertarians I've known are too smart to be confused about the definition of "life," "fetus," and other terms that people misuse as you are apparently misusing "life.".

Originally posted by What Would Jesus Do?:

Most of the real libertarians I've known are too smart to be confused about the definition of "life," "fetus," and other terms that people misuse as you are apparently misusing "life.".
Life starts somewhere doesn't it Parser? You've always been the fact only type. I doubt you have any sort of connection to it. You're just a statistic in your own mind eh?

That's fine, but not being able to understand what it means to be human isn't something we all have.

I'm not misusing life, I'm simply in a higher plain of understanding than you are. What is a human being, if it isn't a 'fetus' at first?

Government mandating doctors say things that are not even medically sound is pretty much the antithesis of libertarian.

I was pretty skeptical of you as a "libertarian" to begin with, but lately, it's become clear. You're a neo-con with a slightly more pragmatic approach to a few things.
I would agree with you, if only you weren't wrong.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

That is signature worthy.
I like it too. Natural, tell me about your life experiences that led you to believe that we are more than just some overly complicated protein enzymes.

That is signature worthy.
I like it too. Natural, tell me about your life experiences that led you to believe that we are more than just some overly complicated protein enzymes.
How about, I think, therefore I am? Not an original thought, but I think it works. What led you to this conclusion?

How about, I think, therefore I am? Not an original thought, but I think it works. What led you to this conclusion?
Why do we think? What other things things think besides living organisms? I know, I know, AI. True AI hasn't been created just yet.

Do stars think? Planets? Stars? Moons?

What does a universe need with life?

Why do we think? What other things things think besides living organisms? I know, I know, AI. True AI hasn't been created just yet.

[/QUOTE]
Why must there be a "need"?

Also, not sure how this made this turn. For the record, I 100% believe we're simply incredibly complicated organisms, which are far more lucky than complicated.

The universe could be trillions of years old (if you believe in the oscillating universe theory) and other complicated, living, "thinking" organisms, statistically speaking, definitely would have existed somewhere along the line. It takes some very strong faith to believe that these 2000 years are the center of everything that has ever existed.

I'm not sure I'll ever be convinced that we're that special. We just are one of the extremely lucky planets in this iteration of the universe, IMO.

I don't know, I teresting questions however. I once heard a theory that said ideas were alive. So maybe our living bodies are just the ecosystems for ideas. So if you have ideas, you are alive. If you haven't yet had an idea, you aren't yet alive. If you stop having ideas, you are no longer alive. If your religious, just assume the ideas are your soul. I think it works pretty nicely. Ideas = life.

Also, not sure how this made this turn. For the record, I 100% believe we're simply incredibly complicated organisms, which are far more lucky than complicated.

The universe could be trillions of years old (if you believe in the oscillating universe theory) and other complicated, living, "thinking" organisms, statistically speaking, definitely would have existed somewhere along the line. It takes some very strong faith to believe that these 2000 years are the center of everything that has ever existed.

I'm not sure I'll ever be convinced that we're that special. We just are one of the extremely lucky planets in this iteration of the universe, IMO.

[/QUOTE]
Complicated and Lucky don't usually make it too far. Yes but EVERYTHING started somewhere. EVERYTHING had a start point. This isn't just an opinion, this is a fact. Also, you're thinking I'm religious or Christian? Now, now Slieb,..you must broaden your horizons.

But why can't 'lucky' also come with a purpose? Who's to say we weren't farmed here by other life? I believe in luck and all, but it takes an INCREDIBLE amount of luck for us to be here today. Lucky we had water, lucky we had food, lucky a meteor never hit, lucky a field protects us from radiation that would kill us, lucky we are far away enough from the son. Lucky that we managed to live long enough to even learn how to do the things we do.

Especially the basic things, such as eat, hunt, etc. When compared to the rest of the Universe we are merely specs, hell specs of specs. But we are some pretty damn interesting specs, and you have to wonder if there isn't something more to our speciness.

Complicated and Lucky don't usually make it too far. Yes but EVERYTHING started somewhere. EVERYTHING had a start point. This isn't just an opinion, this is a fact. Also, you're thinking I'm religious or Christian? Now, now Slieb,..you must broaden your horizons.

But why can't 'lucky' also come with a purpose? Who's to say we weren't farmed here by other life? I believe in luck and all, but it takes an INCREDIBLE amount of luck for us to be here today. Lucky we had water, lucky we had food, lucky a meteor never hit, lucky a field protects us from radiation that would kill us, lucky we are far away enough from the son. Lucky that we managed to live long enough to even learn how to do the things we do.

Especially the basic things, such as eat, hunt, etc. When compared to the rest of the Universe we are merely specs, hell specs of specs. But we are some pretty damn interesting specs, and you have to wonder if there isn't something more to our speciness.

[/QUOTE]
You don't have to wonder. You can wonder. I don't. I think we're insanely lucky. A billion (or trillion) years and the size of the universe, it's bound to happen somewhere.

I don't care if you're religious, Christian, or whatever. I think that crediting this to a "higher power" is ridiculous, but good for you if you do. You also have to keep in mind that a lot of the things we "have learned how to do" are results of our social system. Dinosaurs had food and also lived on this incredibly lucky planet. And then an asteroid took it all away.

I honestly believe that we're living in one of the luckiest periods of time in the last billion years. And living in the civilized world makes us the luckiest of the lucky.

We should pass a law requiring doctors to tell people to PIITB. Think of all the problems we could solve.
Doctor: You should PIITB
Patient: Well, I'd like a second opinion.
Doctor: Sure. You should try c'ing on the t's instead.

libertarians are on both sides of the abortion question issue. To be certain, it seems the majority are pro choice but a large percentage are pro life
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT