ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative attacks on birth control could threaten access

I'm sure TJ will move the goalposts again but here are tweets from a conservative think tank and Christopher Rufo (The guy behind the Critical Race Theory/Trans Kids/DEI panics that lead to 100s of pieces of legislation getting passed). Attacking birth control.

Nowhere in that video does she suggest the pill should be banned. She called for a movement discouraging it. There is a huge difference between discouraging something and banning it.

They will do it immediately if they have all 3 branches is the answer. I hope what you do is an act with how breathtaking naive you play.
There are numerous states where Republicans control every branch of the government and even have supermajorities. If Republicans are going to do it “immediately” then why haven’t any of these states even started the process?

There are numerous states where Republicans control every branch of the government and even have supermajorities. If Republicans are going to do it “immediately” then why haven’t any of these states even started the process?
Why the **** have they and are they doing what they've done this far? None of the shit they've done should have occurred this far.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
You’re still not even close to answering my question.
I don't need to. You keep up with the must defend blinders of an anti American cult and the adults will make sure this joke of a party doesn't get power.

I don't need to. You keep up with the must defend blinders of an anti American cult and the adults will make sure this joke of a party doesn't get power.
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You insist that Republicans “100% WILL” immediately ban condoms and birth control pills if they gain control of all three branches of government.

And you say this despite the fact that it has now been two years since Dobbs and not a single state - not even the deepest red states - has taken a single step toward doing so.

Is that about right?

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Nowhere in that video does she suggest the pill should be banned. She called for a movement discouraging it. There is a huge difference between discouraging something and banning it.

Yep conservative think tanks and lobbyists who make and spend millions of dollars influencing legislation are just going to stop at discouraging the use of birth control.

Yep conservative think tanks and lobbyists who make and spend millions of dollars influencing legislation are just going to stop at discouraging the use of birth control.
The Heritage Foundation’s “Project 2025” says nothing about banning birth control pills. It doesn’t even call for banning emergency contraception. It only calls for ending the requirement that insurance companies pay for it.

You can project all you want, but calling on a movement to discourage the pill is nowhere near the same thing as calling for the pill to be banned.

Reactions: BrianNole777
The Heritage Foundation’s “Project 2025” says nothing about banning birth control pills. It doesn’t even call for banning emergency contraception. It only calls for ending the requirement that insurance companies pay for it.

You can project all you want, but calling on a movement to discourage the pill is nowhere near the same thing as calling for the pill to be banned.
I asked if you believe that any Republican would back banning condoms and/or birth control pills. Again, do you believe that not a single federal or state Republican would support that cause? Don't even try evading to proposing legislation. That has never been our conversation. Get better.

Don't even try evading to proposing legislation. That has never been our conversation.
Yes, it was. Post #90, which I wrote in direct response to you:
Why wouldn’t they? They were vocal as hell about Roe for 50 years and some of them have been quite vocal about emergency contraception. Name one piece of pending legislation anywhere in America that would ban condoms or birth control pills. Name one lawmaker who has expressed a desire to do so.

• Haha
Let me make sure I understand you correctly. You insist that Republicans “100% WILL” immediately ban condoms and birth control pills if they gain control of all three branches of government.

And you say this despite the fact that it has now been two years since Dobbs and not a single state - not even the deepest red states - has taken a single step toward doing so.

Is that about right?
Stop being an idiot

Reactions: fsu1jreed
TJ, it's a fair question whether they could succeed, but I think they will most definitely try in the future.

Don't forget there's a case before the Supreme Court that if they win, would ban abortion pills from being sent via the post office. Is it really that much of a stretch to imagine that the pro-life party - who more and more champions the rights of the "pre-born", would also try to prevent contraceptives...which prevent pregnancy and more "pre-borns" from being sold or distributed?

TJ, it's a fair question whether they could succeed, but I think they will most definitely try in the future.

Don't forget there's a case before the Supreme Court that if they win, would ban abortion pills from being sent via the post office. Is it really that much of a stretch to imagine that the pro-life party - who more and more champions the rights of the "pre-born", would also try to prevent contraceptives...which prevent pregnancy and more "pre-borns" from being sold or distributed?
It is a fair question YEARS ago. Not today. Goodness.

It’s a huge stretch. Banning abortion pills from bring shipped through the mail is nowhere close to being comparable to banning birth control pills or condoms.

Let’s be honest here - the reason so many Republicans voted against the contraception bill was because they are opposed to emergency contraception. And the Democrats specifically wrote the bill and put it to a vote so that when Republicans refused to support emergency contraception they could scare women by telling them they’re going to take away all of their contraceptive options.

Many Republicans would ban emergency contraception tomorrow if they could. But there is zero chance they’re going to ban condoms or birth control pills.

It’s a huge stretch. Banning abortion pills from bring shipped through the mail is nowhere close to being comparable to banning birth control pills or condoms.

Let’s be honest here - the reason so many Republicans voted against the contraception bill was because they are opposed to emergency contraception. And the Democrats specifically wrote the bill and put it to a vote so that when Republicans refused to support emergency contraception they could scare women by telling them they’re going to take away all of their contraceptive options.

Many Republicans would ban emergency contraception tomorrow if they could. But there is zero chance they’re going to ban condoms or birth control pills.
No way in hell the President of the United States would stoke an attack on our Capitol either to prevent the transfer of power.

I'm over being patient with BS.
You’re sure as hell not going to put any effort into backing up your moronic claim that Republicans “100% WILL” immediately ban birth control pills and condoms.

Zero red states where Republicans could do that if they wanted to have taken any steps toward doing so.

Sorry, but I don't think it's the huge stretch you seem to think it is.

The Catholic Church says using the pill is exactly the same as having an abortion. 6 justices (7?) are now catholic.

Right now about 40% of Federal judges, and 5/9 Supreme Court justices are members of the Federalist Society, which was created as a backlash against the Sexual Revolution, and has the stated goal of banning abortion, gay sex and marriage, no-fault divorce, and birth control. All of Trump's judicial picks were members of the Federalist Society, and in fact, he made his judicial picks from lists of members prepared and given to him by the organization.

4 more years of Trump, and he and the Republicans in Congress won't need to sully their hands banning birth control or homosexuality. His Court appointees are going to do that for him.

The Catholic Church says using the pill is exactly the same as having an abortion.

Right now about 40% of Federal judges, and 5/9 Supreme Court justices are members of the Federalist Society, which was created as a backlash against the Sexual Revolution, and has the stated goal of banning abortion, gay sex and marriage, no-fault divorce, and birth control. All of Trump's judicial picks were members of the Federalist Society, and in fact, he made his judicial picks from lists of members prepared and given to him by the organization.

4 more years of Trump, and he and the Republicans in Congress won't need to sully their hands banning birth control or homosexuality. His Court appointees are going to do that for him.
Bingo

If they don't try to outright ban them, imo they'll do the best they can to impede access - same as they're doing with anti-abortion laws.
Do you have some examples of Republicans impeding access to birth control pills?

Again, there are several states where Republicans have complete control of the legislature and the governor’s office. They can do just about anything they want to do in those states and yet in the two years since Dobbs not one of those states has taken any steps toward banning birth control pills or condoms.

I thought I could make it easy enough for you to understand, but evidently I overestimated your cognitive thinking skills.

Republicans spent 50 years waging a battle against Roe. Republicans have spent 25 years waging a battle against emergency contraceptive pills.

In both cases it was/is a stated goal. There was/is zero ambiguity that they wanted those things overturned/banned.

There are exactly zero Republican lawmakers who have even hinted at wanting to ban condoms or birth control pills. That’s just election year scare tactics by Dems.
And Dems are Sanger eugeniscists followers of Mao. You are ridiculous.

I'm sure TJ will move the goalposts again but here are tweets from a conservative think tank and Christopher Rufo (The guy behind the Critical Race Theory/Trans Kids/DEI panics that lead to 100s of pieces of legislation getting passed). Attacking birth control.

And everyone of the statements is technically true. Again, another Sanger disciple. We cant have real conversations.

And Dems are Sanger eugeniscists followers of Mao. You are ridiculous.
200w.gif

I can believe it went right over your head
Three different posters could write those
exact same words and it would mean three
different things. I’m not familiar enough with your posting to know your angle. What was your previous handle?

Do you have some examples of Republicans impeding access to birth control pills?

Again, there are several states where Republicans have complete control of the legislature and the governor’s office. They can do just about anything they want to do in those states and yet in the two years since Dobbs not one of those states has taken any steps toward banning birth control pills or condoms.

I’m not sure that qualifies as “impeding” access. Democrats tried to expand access beyond anything that has previously been available and Republicans simply kept it the way it has been for decades.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT